Jared Leisek of Adventures With Purpose charged with child rape

Okay, so I downloaded WebEx and submitted my name and email. Then clicked on Jared's case:

I received a message that I can join the meeting after the host admits me. The next screen requires I obtain a pw from the host. I'm waiting to see if I receive it in my email. I guess if the arraignment is rescheduled they'll let me know in the email.

So far no email. @bosh is this the procedure you went through to join? I ask because I want to know if any change has been made to the public access portal because of the YTers disruption.
That is unbelievable! They disrupted and disrespected a courtroom? What’s next for these people!

Just recently Peter Coughlin introduced himself on an episode of AWP as the CEO. I am curious if the timing and the position are coincidence or planned knowledge of what was to come?
Peter has removed AWP from his experience history on Linkedin. I wish I would have grabbed a screenshot.

Update posted on Website with post on YouTube directing those with questions about where donations go. I suggest grabbing and snack and a beverage before continuing, it’s quite lengthy.
Personally, I would be interested to know if his legal team approves this. Seems like a lot of information to release with an ongoing trial.

WHEN I MAKE A DONATION, WHO GETS THE MONEY AND WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
100% of donations are used, and have ALWAYS been used to cover the expenses of food, fuel, travel, breakdowns, new equipment, vehicles, trailers and payroll for those traveling nationally with AWP under an employment agreement. Jared Leisek, nor any of his familiy members have ever received any payroll payments from any donations made to AWP.

What happened to the donations for the Magnetometer?
Amazing news is that with your support, a total of $38,520 was raised from 987 donors for the purchase of a Magnetometer and necessary accessories. AWP was able to get a discount and paid JW Fishers $25,547.50 on August 19, 2022, picking up the equipment September 30, 2022. Since that time, the Magnetometer has been used on the Guthries case (Missing mom and her two children), Randy Leach, Donnie Erwin, and the equipment has been lent out (Free of Charge) to other dive organizations working their own cases in Oregon/Washington. With an unexpected overage of $12,973 and no way to properly proportion a refund to the 987 donors, the balance was move into our donation category to help cover the expenses of the 2022 Fall Trip, which included, but are not limited to food, fuel, travel, and payroll.

I heard a rumor that Jared pockets all donations and is Super Greedy!
We've heard this rumor for years. The facts are that donations have NEVER been large enough to cover all expenses of AWP. They fall short of covering food, fuel, travel, and payroll for those with AWP employment agreements. Jared and his wife have multiple income streams to subsidize the additional cost of AWP, which includes, but is not limited to, gear purchases, RV's, trailers, payroll, editors, in-house support staff, merchandising, keeping the vehicles in working order etc. AWP would crumble if Jared and his wife were not subsidizing the additional funds neccessary and appreciate those who donate by helping with the financial burden to help find lost loved ones free of charge for families and law enforcement.

I heard Ryan Upchurch donated a $100,000 Hellcat to AWP?
Ryan Upchurch donated his Hellcat to one of AWP's employees that was responsible and on scene in the discovery of Kiely Rodni. The transaction was outside of AWP, and AWP did not benefit from this donation. We acknowledge the incredibly kind heart and intention of this donation from Ryan.

I heard Jared bought a $1.2 Million Dollar home and a $2.5 Million Dollar lake front house with donations?
No donations have ever been used to pay Jared, his wife, or any of his family members. These rumors come from those who continue to discredit and stir up drama. Jared and his wife have multiple income streams and can choose to do what they wish with their money, be it subsidizing/growing AWP, going on vacation, or buying a home. They do not own a lake front home of any kind, (not that it matters). In mid 2022, Jared and his wife, after living in the same home for 22 years, have chosen to make the move by purchasing a 5 acre, 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2400 sq/ft home for $1.2m just minutes from their current location. This is not a second home, but their new main residence which has plenty of room for AWP RVs, Trailers, and equipment. Since 100% of donations are used, and have ALWAYS have been used to cover the expenses of food, fuel, travel, breakdowns, and payroll for those traveling nationally with AWP under an employment agreement, which Jared Leisek, nor any of his familiy members have ever received any payroll payments from any donations made to AWP, we are left shaking our heads that we even had to address this question.

If Jared and his wife have multiple income streams, why should I donate to AWP?
Why does anyone ever donate to any organization? To be a part of a cause and a movement. There is a huge financial burden upon Jared and his wife to grow the AWP organization to help families and law enforcement free of charge to bring home missing loved ones lost underwater. With your donation, you are playing an important role in helping more families. 100% of donations are used, and have ALWAYS been used to cover the expenses of food, fuel, travel, breakdowns, purchasing equipment, Rv's, trailers and payroll for those traveling nationally with AWP under an employment agreement, which Jared Leisek, nor any of his familiy members have ever received any payroll payments from any donations made to AWP. We thank those who choose to share their hard earned money in helping these families in need.

I heard everyone is a volunteer and Jared keeps all donations?
While many volunteers have come and gone through the years in working with AWP, 100% of donations have ALWAYS been used to cover the expenses of food, fuel, travel, breakdowns, and payroll for those traveling nationally with AWP under an employment agreement, which Jared Leisek, nor any of his familiy members have ever received any payroll payments from any donations made to AWP.
Sam Sam the Adventure Man had an agreement where Jared mentored Sam in growing his YouTube channel, helping him gain over 100,000 Youtube subscribers. Going above and beyond their agreement, AWP began paying for Sam's travel and meals, while also allowing Sam to record his own content. For the 4 trips Sam took with AWP in Sept/Oct 2020 (45 days) the Jan/Feb 2021 (35 day) trip, plus the Montana Tammy Goff, and Rosemary Rodriguez case, AWP covered all travel expenses, airfare, lodging, and food. In way of cash, paypal payments, and reward money, Sam received just over $22,000 for his involvement with AWP. Sam also received gear such as fishing magnets and an inflatable boat from AWP. Many have pointed out that Sam was double dipping with the income from his own Youtube Channel with content AWP would give up to help him grow his own Youtube Channel. There was talk about AWP not sharing merch sales with Sam or Dan displaying their likeness and kindness. Sam and Dan received free items with their likeness to either sell or hand out. There were no profits for AWP earned from these items with AWP losing just over $5,000 on any merchandise with any likeness of Sam and Dan. AWP chose to part ways with Sam prior to the Fall 2021 trip, not for financial reasons.
Dan Dan the Camera Man came on as an 18-year-old young man taking a gap year before starting college. He worked with AWP for just over 6 months, earning close to $70,000 from AWP, plus all travel, meals, and lodging expenses on top of his payment from AWP. Dan also received gear such as fishing magnets and an inflatable boat from AWP.
AWP received $24,060 in donations during the time period Sam and Dan were a part of AWP which includes a $10,000 donation from a family member of one who we found and brought home.
Team Watters received multiple donations from AWP totaling just over $6,000, plus lodging and meals. Team Watters has a huge heart, and in one instance, Team Watters paid it forward with one of the cash donations we provided, in giving it to a new and upcoming search and recovery diver.
Chaos Divers has never been on the AWP payroll, but had a similar agreement as Sam Sam the Adventure Man, where Chaos would participate in searches in exchange for shoutouts in helping build their own Youtube Channel. AWP has donated money, covered travel, meals, and lodging for Chaos. AWP has donated fishing magnets, an inflatable boat, an RV, and other gear to help Chaos Divers become successful in finding lost loved ones.
One of AWP's lead divers has been paid over $126,000 in their last 12-month period with AWP prior to their departure. AWP also donated gear such as fishing magnets, an inflatable boat, plus covered all travel, meals, lodging, etc. On top of mentoring and helping boost their Youtube and social media channels, they also received cash donations and a $100,000 Hellcat.
In addition to the lead diver mentioned above, previous members on the team with employment contracts were compensated anywhere from $200-$500 daily rates plus bonuses while on the road, whether they were working or not. Additionally, AWP took care of travel, airfare, lodging, food, amusement, and has also donated gear. For these team members, their last 12-months with AWP's financial burden was just over $300,000.
AWP has donated to other Dive Teams, school organizations, and other volunteers, be it cash, travel, lodging, meals, fishing magnets, ,lift bags, inflatable boats, trainings, and more.
AWP received in the previous 12 month period from 12/01/2021 to 12/01/2022 a total of $312,496 in donations which included a $100,000 donation from Ryan Upchurch.
Donations received do not cover the entirety of payroll, travel, lodging and meals for the team as they are on the road.
Jared and his wife have covered the additional expenses necessary, plus they've reinvested over $800,000 in new gear, upgrades, payroll, taxes, insurance, etc for AWP to become what it is today.
AWP would not be possible if Jared and his wife were not subsidizing the additional funds neccessary for the team as they are on the road to help families and law enforement find lost loved ones, free of charge.
Many don't realize what it takes to save, grow, and invest in a business to take care of others. AWP started out with just Jared and his daughter doing river cleanups in July of 2018 and grew to 20 employess with a 1.1 million dollar annual budget in just over 4 years. AWP's evolving focus, has now brought home 26 lost loved ones as of December 1st, 2022, free of charge to families and law enforcement.
Jared Leisek, nor any of his familiy members have ever received any payroll payments from any donations made to AWP.

Is AWP a 501(c)3 Non-Profit and are my donations tax deductible?
Under the advice of our lawyers and accounting firm, AWP is not a 501(c)3 because AWP does not receive enough donations to sustain the organization without being subsidized by Jared Leisek and his wife. As such, your donations are not tax deductible. The good news... because donations do not cover the full expenses of AWP, 100% of your donations are used and AWP does not pay any taxes of your donation, because of business expenses and write-offs on those donations.

I heard AWP made Randy Leach's parents pay them $4,000?
This one shocked us when we heard about it for AWP has never asked any family for money. The accusation has changed a bit over time, but we've heard that money was donated and we took advantage of the Leach family by not using it properly. On two seperate trips to help Randy's parents search for their son (free of charge) who had been missing for over 30 years, upon our departure each time, we received a Thank You Card with $2,000 in cash each time. This donation was spilt evenly between Sam, Dan, and Jared. Jared used 100% of this donation to cover food and fuel expenses for the team during the Sept/Oct 2020 and Jan/Feb 2021 trips. Sam and Dan did not contribute and it's none of our business what they decided to do with this donation. In the Fall of 2022, Jared and his team returned to Linwood, Kansas using the new Magnetometer to search for Randy. Several targets were identified with the Magnetometer, but unfortunatly, Randy has not been found. AWP did not record and there will be no video produced about our return trip.

I heard AWP received a $40,000 Reward for finding Tammy and kept it?
Two things to tackle with this question. The first is that as of 12/01/2022, AWP did receive a Reward in the amount of $40,000 from the Goff family. This is the only Reward AWP has ever received. AWP does not choose cases based on rewards, does not expect rewards, and does not try to enforce the payout of any rewards. AWP has grown in their experience and as a disclaimer, once threatened a lawsuit in the Ethan Kazmerzak case when a $100,000 was not honored. However, because that is not why we work these cases in helping families, we let our knee-jerk reaction subside and moved on with the approach at if a reward is ever received, we will spilt it evenly among the team members working the case that day, and honor it in helping grow AWP to help other families in need of our services, free of charge to them and law enforcment. A $40,000 check was recieved by AWP for finding Tammy Goff. This donation was split evenly between Sam, Doug, and Jared. Jared used 100% of this donation to cover the week long trip for food and fuel expenses for the team to travel to Montana from Oregon and used the remaining proceeds to purchase a new AWP dive trailer, trailer wrap, plus additional dive gear. Sam and Doug did not contribute and it's none of our business what they decided to do with this donation.

So my whole take on that statement is we can expect to hear soon that the money is funny, too.

MOO
I have been researching him, compiling everything. The one thing Jared did not mention above is the revenue from YouTube and other social media. One website estimated their revenue just from views to be over $1 million (this does not include super chats or advertising revenue). Additionally, there is the money for merchandise. From what I understood, Jared was handling the ordering and distribution of merch himself. This would be a significant increase in profit from a print on demand service. (POD service you will pay $30-40 per hoodie. Having then printed in bulk you could get them for $10 or even less depending on quality.

The fact that he started the Underwater Investigations LLC and wrote contracts for new employees under it, makes me think he realized he needed to separate the donations, etc. he was using for searches and the media revenue he was keeping for himself. The way his companies were setup, he owned everything, so technically he was within his rights to take it. There will be a lot of questions on ethics and potentially defrauding donors.

I think the part that bothers me the most is the fact that he and Sam CO-founded the business of AWP. Yet, Jared incorporated AWP under he and his wife's name through a media company he owned. IMO, Sam got screwed royally!

One more note in AWP and I’m done. I realized I hadn’t unsubscribed. I just went back in to do it. I skimmed through the comments on the above post and was pretty surprised. (I know, nothing should surprise me at this point in time.) The people asking questions or making comments about worrying about where their money was going are getting attacked, then the posts seem to disappear. It is full of support posts and “keep doing what you are doing” type comments. I honestly don’t know if the commenters aren’t aware of the current situation, know but don’t realize pretty much everyone resigned, or think there is a B team ready to step in. I think carrying on is just about the only thing Jared is not capable of right now.

UTAH'S criminal rape case against Adventures With Purpose founder Jared Leisek has been abruptly canceled because YouTubers streamed the proceedings live, which is against state law.

The victim, who wished to remain anonymous, told The US Sun that she's concerned if people continue to stream the case or if viewers click on the links, it will adversely impact her case and the other cases on the docket.

"It was unfortunate that people could not conduct themselves in a proper manner during the court proceedings," she said.

"It was not just the case against Jared, there were so many other people there waiting for their own justice."

The case was pushed back to a later date.

Right now, it's unclear if Wednesday's live streaming will impact the cases. The victim said she is waiting to hear from the prosecutor.

One more note in AWP and I’m done. I realized I hadn’t unsubscribed. I just went back in to do it. I skimmed through the comments on the above post and was pretty surprised. (I know, nothing should surprise me at this point in time.) The people asking questions or making comments about worrying about where their money was going are getting attacked, then the posts seem to disappear. It is full of support posts and “keep doing what you are doing” type comments. I honestly don’t know if the commenters aren’t aware of the current situation, know but don’t realize pretty much everyone resigned, or think there is a B team ready to step in. I think carrying on is just about the only thing Jared is not capable of right now.

I think alot of the commenters and those who have commented on his videos lately are supporters, despite the indictment. Yes, it surprises and disappoints me to see people say things like oh, it happened so long ago if true re. the charges, and even things like 'we all make mistakes.' And the latest statement by Jared re. donations on his website does sound ok on the surface (I'm naive about money matters lol) but I would be interested to hear more in-depth analysis by financial types. I don't know if that will happen at some point.

I think alot of the commenters and those who have commented on his videos lately are supporters, despite the indictment. Yes, it surprises and disappoints me to see people say things like oh, it happened so long ago if true re. the charges, and even things like 'we all make mistakes.' And the latest statement by Jared re. donations on his website does sound ok on the surface (I'm naive about money matters lol) but I would be interested to hear more in-depth analysis by financial types. I don't know if that will happen at some point.
Unless someone audits his books, that will never happen. He was a private business with no requirement to report to anyone but the IRS. I worked in business finance for the past 10 years and think I have a pretty good idea of what he did.

You would think so, and so did I, until I noticed the comments below a new AWP video posted last night (filmed before the indictment of course). Many of the comments were positive towards Jared continuing on, although his subscriber numbers dropped a bit again.
The "owner" of the channel (or I imagine his lawyers) can delete any comments they want. Owners do it all the time with hateful posts or spam.
I imagine all the negative comments are being removed.

Jared appeared in court today. I didn't watch the hearing - did anyone else? Nothing in msm yet.

STATE OF UTAH
vs.
JARED LEISEK

Case # 221600333

Attorneys:
BUTLER, AREK

9:00 AM - 12/12/2022
WEST COURTROOM 2
View courthouse address

Judge/Commissioner:
MANDY LARSEN

INITIAL APPEARANCE
State Felony
DOB: 9/16/1975

1st Degree Felony
RAPE OF A CHILD
1/1/1992
1st Degree Felony
RAPE OF A CHILD
10/1/1992

OTN:
Citation: #
LEA: EPH #22061017
Prosecuting Agency: C20 #2022-267
Sheriff: #

Jared appeared in court today. I didn't watch the hearing - did anyone else? Nothing in msm yet.

STATE OF UTAH
vs.
JARED LEISEK

Case # 221600333

Attorneys:
BUTLER, AREK

9:00 AM - 12/12/2022
WEST COURTROOM 2
View courthouse address

Judge/Commissioner:
MANDY LARSEN

INITIAL APPEARANCE
State Felony
DOB: 9/16/1975

1st Degree Felony
RAPE OF A CHILD
1/1/1992
1st Degree Felony
RAPE OF A CHILD
10/1/1992

OTN:
Citation: #
LEA: EPH #22061017
Prosecuting Agency: C20 #2022-267
Sheriff: #

Good catch! I didn't realize today was the rescheduled hearing. I haven't been able to find an update.

It is interesting how there aren't any updates on mainstream media, at least not yet. Is there any way to find an update on a court site? If so, I haven't been able to.
I have a feeling that case information will be scarce due to protecting the victim plus YTers who believe they are above the law interfering with hearing access. Sigh.

A search today of the court calendar showed no results for Leisek for the next 30 days.

A motion to dismiss the rape case against Adventures with Purpose founder Jared Leisek was filed in Utah court this week, but his lawyer’s arguments were sealed.
Leisek’s lawyer, Randall Richards, implored the court in Monday’s filing to drop the charges, but his supporting arguments weren’t available to the public, although it’s not clear why.
The sticking point in the case may be related to Utah’s 2013 removal of its statute of limitations for serious sex crimes.

Salt Lake City lawyer Darwin Overson wrote in a blog post on his website that the 2003 Supreme Court decision in Stongner v. California set a precedent that "a statute of limitations cannot be extended to re-open the possibility of prosecution for a crime that was already outside the statute of limitations."
The case itself got off to a rocky start when the judge abruptly canceled all the cases on the docket during Leisek’s first court appearance because true crime YouTubers streamed the case live, which is against state law.

P.S. I find it interesting that the hearing coincided within a couple days of AWP releasing the longer Nick the tow truck driver interview, especially the early offering to members only. I'm not convinced JL isn't benefitting financially from those clicks for cash. MOO.

Last edited:
AWP just announced (on their yt channel) an imminent 2023 40-day road trip to work on 20 missing person cases with a new team, but with JL "stepping back". Knowing that the previous crew unanimously quit over JL's legal issues, it's (IMO) surprising that he was able to recruit new employees at this point.

AWP just announced (on their yt channel) an imminent 2023 40-day road trip to work on 20 missing person cases with a new team, but with JL "stepping back". Knowing that the previous crew unanimously quit over JL's legal issues, it's (IMO) surprising that he was able to recruit new employees at this point.
BBM

From AWP's FB page: Jared is stepping back in as Team Leader with a new crew to hit the road to help 20 families in search of their lost loved ones.

BBM

From AWP's FB page: Jared is stepping back in as Team Leader with a new crew to hit the road to help 20 families in search of their lost loved ones.

Wow, he's just stepping back in like nothing happened! I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug. The people commenting on his FB post are really guzzling his Kool aid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back