Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

Discussion in 'Kyron Horman' started by Tricia, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

To fully explain the situation I need two posts. Please read both and respond if you wish.

Jason Wishert contacted me about a month ago and was very polite. He wanted me to remove a bunch of posts on Websleuths. He gave me the post numbers of the ones that were really bothering him. I looked at every single of the post numbers he sent me and I sent him this email:

Last Tuesday October 12th I received a letter from him. I will post the letter next.

2. Loading...

3. Tricia

I have removed the address he sent it to because it was old. It is still listed on a few "whois' contacts for my forums. Got to remembert to change them.

Later Jason sent me the name of his law firm that he says is representing him. My lawyer contacted that law firm and they had never heard of Jason Wishert.

I want to remind you all of something.

First, I never said a word about Jason. Never posted a word about him until this letter came in the mail.

Second, as owner I am protected by federal law from any sort of lawsuit based on what people say on my forum. That's one of the many mistakes he is making. He is blaming me for what other people posted.

We say this often at Websleuths. You are responsible for your posting. Please remember this the next time you want to post a rumor or something not so nice. You own your words.

However, I am very proud of Websleuths and the integrity we have on the forum. More so than any other forum on the Internet.

Jason made himself a public figure. You all have a right to your opinion about him.

I am not worried at all about him suing me. I am worried about his vendetta he has so plainly described he is going to carry out on my family and me. His thinking process is not like yours or mine in my opinion and that is troublesome.

Please let me make something very clear; if you feel the need to post on this thread I have instructed the moderators to make sure everyone follows our Terms of Service. No name calling. No sleuthing. Be respectful and if you feel you can't then I ask that you not post. That doesn't mean you can't post your opinion. You most certainly can. However you must choose your words so you do not violate our TOS. It's as simple as that.

After receiving the letter I searched around and I can honestly say there are several other forums that just tore Jason apart. Not us. Not Websleuths. Not even close. Why he is angry at Websleuths is beyond me.

Many of the posts on the other forums are still up or you can find them in Google cached versions.

In closing I want Jason and anyone else who thinks they can threaten my family and get away with it . . . you can't. I won't allow it to happen.

There are several different things that will be happening. I will tell you that law enforcement will be involved and hopefully other media members as well.

In the unlikely occurrence members of LE do not become involved then at the very least I am going to shine a bright light on Jason Wishert. That way if there is even a HINT of impropriety with my family ANYWHERE we will know where to turn and then law enforcement will become involved.

Jason Wishert says he is a "Child Advocate." Oh really? I do not know anyone who works with children or who is associated with organizations who work with children that would write a letter like the one I posted.

I'll post updates as they become available.
    Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com

******************************************​

4. Tricia

If someone could please post a quick explanation on who Jason is and provide a link to the letter he sent the newspaper. Also any other media links concerning Jason can be posted. This way we are all up to date on who Jason is and how he is a public figure in Kyron's case.

5. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

6. Indianagirl

Indianagirl New Member

Oh Tricia, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. In regards to his letter, I am just speechless....

I, too, saw some of the posts about him on the other sites and WS is not even comparable to the types of posts those other sites had!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is why WS is the best true crime forum there is!

7. scotslass

scotslass New Member

:steamed:

Tricia, words fail me at this moment. I'm so sorry to see this and upset/angry beyond words. It is most obvious that JW is a very unstable individual and has taken it upon himself to have a personal vendetta (that will last until he dies using his words). Please take very good care of yourself and your family.

I hope LE are all over this. Ironically I wonder what he thinks something like this would do to further his career?? I would be very concerned and i'm sure LE will take this seriously.

You and your family will be in my thoughts..

8. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

Here is a link to the letter he sent The Oregonian:

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/jasonw.pdf

ETA, grandmaj beat me to it!

Anyway, Tricia, I am sorry about this guy. He is a bit of a loose cannon. His letter to you sounds like blackmail. I can't imagine an attorney taking this case on for him. He couldn't win!

9. Bathbuddys

Bathbuddys Verified Family Member Thomas Schramm

Tricia,
    I didnt read about JW on here at WS, I read about him over at another forum. I could not believe someone would insert themselves into a case like this? for what? he is responsible for being on the forums, not any of us and certainly not you. geesh

10. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

For those who don't know, Jason is DeDe Spicher's ex-boyfriend. He was interviewed by a reporter at The Oregonian, and he sent a letter to the reporter outlining his relationship with DeDe. It was discussed here briefly, and extensively at other sites. I just think he was trying to be helpful to the reporter, and was thoroughly unprepared for the glare of the inevitable spotlight.

11. LandAuxvasse

LandAuxvasse New Member

Wow... I'm glad you got LE involved. That is a very threatening letter and it made me scared for you and your family!

It's a shame he feels that way about the best crime forum on the entire world wide web! No one has a classier shop than Tricia!

12. Michael25

Michael25 New Member

I am left with many thoughts but too baffled to find a way to express them. One thing I do know is that Jason Wishert has done more to hurt his image than any third party could have possibly done. Tricia has worked hard to cultivate a vibrant and active but also respectful community here. Why Mr. Wishert chose WS and Tricia to take his anger out onto is beyond me.

And one word I keep returning to in reading that e-mail is "troubling." He attaches "legally" to his threats, but when he writes about retaliating on "you and your family," he's certainly going beyond that.

13. mountaintime

mountaintime New Member

Really alarming....I am so very sorry, Tricia.

Frankly, after reading what he wrote to you....I hope that a VERY hard look is being taken at this person.

14. FORDANIEL

FORDANIEL New Member

Oh man-this is beyond hinky and scary.

15. noZme

noZme Active Member

noZme adding support for Tricia, the moderators & posters at Websleuths!

Apparently there are other places on the internet where he was not treated as fairly & respectfully as here; it's my opinion he is barking up the wrong tree. I wonder if other websites have recieved similar letters. This is the first reference to Wishert at Websleuths Forum:

<A href=[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=34095"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

8/18/2010

DeDe Spicher's former boyfriend describes Terri Moulton Horman's friend as a "high-energy, dynamic" person who changed dramatically
    Published: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 4:30 PM
    Updated: Wednesday, August 18, 2010, 5:15 PM

An ex-boyfriend of DeDe Spicher said he was stunned when he learned that investigators were interested in the whereabouts of Spicher on the day Kyron Horman, 7, disappeared from Skyline School.

Jason Wishert, who has volunteered as a child's advocate in Multnomah County for more than a decade, said he dated Spicher for about 10 months, and they had even talked of marriage, but their relationship fell apart in early August 2009.

Wishert, 41, said he called the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office tip line soon after hearing Spicher's name in the news.

"My mouth was agape. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," Wishert recalled. "I thought, 'Oh my gosh, there's two things that investigators should look at.' "

More at link...

Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/dede_spichers_former_boyfriend.html

Document written describing Dede by ex-boyfriend: http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/jasonw.pdf

16. pufnstuf

pufnstuf "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance

Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars.

[​IMG]

Where on earth did he get that figure?

Anyway--it's a shame that this case about Kyron has evolved into this... mess. I hope that Mr. Wishert realizes the futility of his threats and drops his silliness.

17. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Wow. Beyond bizarre. Be sure that you do all you can to protect you and yours.

18. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Well-Known Member

IMO, if someone doesn't wish to be scrutinized or questioned, then that person should not post comments on a public message board (with the claim to the administrator of that board that they "Would like to clear some things up") nor should they send a letter to the media in an attempt to discuss, divulge, or otherwise reveal details of a relationship with a person who has been reported to be involved in an LE criminal investigation, nor should they have consented to give interviews to the media to discuss their relationship with an ex-girlfriend (again, who has been reported to be involved in an LE criminal investigation) - unless that person is willing to engage in a discussion. Period.

My understanding of the terms of service of Websleuths is that if something is published in the mainstream media (as this person's letter was - who he himself gave consent to the media to publish it), then we are permitted to discuss it and we are permitted to offer our opinions & thoughts about it (as long as we qualify that it is our opinion.)

It is my opinion, that when this person faced scrutiny (due to his media interviews & his letter - which were his choice; as well as it being his choice to post his comments on a public message board) and was asked questions that he was either unable or unwilling to answer on that other public message board, he became uncomfortable and has sought someone else to blame for his own decisions & statements.

Has he demanded that the original media outlet (IIRC - it was Oregon Live) that published his letter & aired his interviews retract all online comments that were in response to his letter & interview?

19. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

I haven't really paid much attention to JW, as I felt he was inserting himself into Kyron's case for personal reasons and/or gain. What he offered in terms of information was of no use whatsoever in finding Kyron.

IMO, this person damaged his chances of gaining employment as a LEO all by himself. After reading the letter he wrote to you, I doubt he could pass the mandatory Psyche Eval required by all Law Enforcement Agencies prior to hiring.

Sorry Tricia ...

20. citigirl

citigirl Member

Tricia-- I think he is trying to extend his 15 min. of fame by contacting you this way. I would not be surprised if he has contacted the other forum owners also.

He was so mean to Dede Spicher in his letter to the Oregonian. She is the one who should be suing him for libel. How awful of him to seek attention by airing their dirty laundry. I still feel bad for her on that front.

He appears to me to be weak and harmless, but you've got to take steps to protect yourself and your family.

21. noZme

noZme Active Member

If he figured $743,000 divided by 24,656 WS members, we need to ante up $30.14 each..... but as someone whose yearly family income is $50M, he must have figured it as a few hours of time away from his business.

Everything about this is amusing, EXCEPT threatening Tricia & her family! There is nothing funny about that & the law of our land explains the repurcussions.