Jeff Ashton, George and Cindy Anthony, Book Deals/Non WS Members Can Vote

Does Jeff Ashton have a right to write a book about the case more than George & Cindy

• YES

Votes: 257 74.5%
  • NO

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 16 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All along during the pretrial hearings and trial I said I would buy 3 books...

LDB
Jeff Ashton
HHJP

Jeff is retired so is able to publish...already ordered! I feel it will give some insight to the investigation and why the DP was put back on the table...JA will be able to say what he couldn't say during the trial.

I notice some have voted NO because "everyone has the right to write a book", perhaps the poll should substitute the word PUBLISH for the word WRITE :)

i agree that the wording of the question could be different...maybe who is more righteous in putting out a book, something along those lines.

I voted yes. Everyone has the right but this book should be one of truth. The Anthonys are not capable of that. J.Ashton and L.D.Burdick brought forth the truth in the trial. They stood up for Caylee, the ONLY VICTIM. They wanted justice for her. I would not buy a book by anyone else. I would never contribute one penny towards the others.

I vote that anyone can write a book. I will read JA's but I will not read CA's if she writes one. That is my choice, I am not into spin and tired of CA's ever changing stories. JA's will be truthful as to the discovery, and evidence whether it is circumstantial or not. He has the inside story of the DF teams shenanigans. He put his heart and soul into this sad case hoping to get Caylee the justice she deserved and was very passionate about it. He delayed his retirement because of little Caylee. Not a small sacrifice.
Since anyone can write a book how about WS writing a book on how a group of strangers met on this forum and came together for three years because of a precious baby who needed people to be her voice. We poured over all the doc, depos, interviews and even evidence everyday for 3 years. We cried together, we worked together we were a team united because of one child we grew to love. Then give the proceeds to TES or some other legitimate organization that dedicates their lives to missing children. We have the same right as any of them.

---------------

:clap::clap::clap::tyou::clap::clap::clap:
I added this post because all the people on W.S. worked soooo hard! (where is M.M.). I marveled how they looked in every nook and cranny for info.. I am in awe of their dedication, leaving no stone unturned. I am only good at reading and remembering a few things. It will be hard to break from this case. I'm already in withdrawl...Yes to TES and Mark Klaas.

Please feel free to take this link to other forums and inviting people to vote

I voted YES. Sure the Anthonys have the right to write a book about anything they choose. I would consider anything they write to be PURE FICTION and I would exercise MY right to boycott and ignore anything and everything those people have to say in print or in person.

I voted yes. Morally (not legally) he has more of a right than the A's because he stood up for Caylee when she needed it most. He fought for justice for her and I know he will tell the truth. I am really looking forward to reading his book.

I'm not sure that "right to" is the way I'd put it........but I KNOW I'm more interested in reading Jeff's book because it'll be more objective and accurate for sure. On the other hand I would read nothing written by KC, GA, CA or anyone on the defense team because none would be capable of TruthTelling.

I voted yes although technically they are equally entitled to write a book if they so wish. My vote of yes for JA is because his book would be truthful and factual, and any book by CA and GA would be more lies and spin. No need for more fiction from them. moo

"Do you think Anthony Lead Prosecutor Jeff Ashton has a right to write a book about the Anthony case more than George and Cindy Anthony?"

I vote no on this specific question. I don't think Jeff Ashton has more of a right to write a book about this case. Anyone has the right to write a book.

But I think the public's interest is going to be focused on Jeff Ashton's book because his book will be objective, written by someone who had all the evidence at hand and his prosecution of the case was motivated by a sense of justice. Jeff Ashton is seen as a hero in this case.

The Anthonys, on the other hand, are disliked by the vast majority of the public due to their behavior as the case unfolded, their dishonesty, and their seizing the opportunity to financially profit from the death of their grandchild. But, they still have the right to write a book, although that book probably won't be well received by the public.

For clarification...............I DID vote yes in the poll. But when it comes to the question of rights......anyone has the right. I may have misunderstood the question as I was addressing "rights." I would never read a book by any of the Anthonys, but would read a book written by Jeff Ashton, Yuri Melich, LDB, or Kathy Belich. And, I look forward to a book written by His Honor Belvin Perry, if he wrote a book after he retired on the major cases in his career.

Technically, of course, everyone has a right to write whatever they want. I personally think it's disgusting for anyone to profit off a case when they've done all they can to let a murderer walk free. A prosecutor who spent his life trying to put murderers in prison...I have no problem with them writing a book about their case. I'll buy it.

Jeff Ashton was on Caylee's Team. Cindy Anthony was on Casey's team, in my opinion.

I am so glad Jeff is writing the book! He deserves every :twocents:

I voted yes for JA. I will buy and read his book. I wouldn"t read or buy anything CA writes even if it's FREE!!

I voted no, because of the questions wording. They all have a right. Now, if the poll had asked:
Is the thought of Jeff Ashton collecting book royalties following this case less
repulsive than the Anthony's?

my answer would have been yes.

I voted yes because I believe JA's book will be mostly about the law, and the court process. Where as the A's would be only trying to find how to make money with more lies.

Thats a loaded question. I went with NO because everyone and anyone has a right to write a book if they choose. Maybe I'll write one, lol. ;)

I agree with BB (and others) here - anyone has the RIGHT to write a book Are we sure this is the word we want to use here?

Since the poll asks , does Mr Ashton have MORE RIGHT than George and Cindy to write a book? then I will have to answer NO. Legally, he does not have more right. They all have the right to write a book.....

BUT.....

I have a RIGHT to chose which book I will read and which book I will not waste my money and time reading.

I voted no. I think this book writing thing has gotten out of hand. We watched all this stuff on TV, saw the trial, what more could we possibly need to know? Like more paper needs to be wasted on this case..

I'd rather read what Jeff Ashton says (or any of the prosecutors or law enforcement) than I would anything from the paws of Cindy and even George. I want to read the truth.

The A family will do what they want to do anyway, doesn't mean I'll watch them, read about them, or pay good money to read their side of anything.

I'm so dunnnnnnnn with these people that I have no interest in what they are doing. Yes, I know the word is really "done" but where they are concerned, everything is upside down anyway.

I've had enough of CFCA and I'm not sure if I could read an entire book about her saga at this time (or even in November) and if there are pictures of her, I'll be ill. :sick:

Know what I mean?

Jeff Ashton has just spent the last 3 years of his life fighting and arguing to have justice for Caylee.

The grandparents have just spent the last 3 years of their lives into figuring out how to make a mockery of our justice system to get the person who is responsible for Caylee's death out of trouble so that there can never be justice for Caylee.

I believe that it is much more tasteful and "right" for Jeff Ashton to write a book about Caylee's murder trial because he is on Caylee's side and her grandparents clearly are not. Above all else, it would be TRUTHFUL!

I would not believe a single word of a book written by -or for- the Anthony's.

The person who was responsible for Caylee's death was their daughter. That makes a difference. Jeff Ashton did not care more about Caylee, he never knew her... how could he have more compassion for her than the two people who raised her from birth? It was just a case to him.... a prosecutor's passion is in trying to win a case. The victim is secondary. Yes, I'm sure they care about justice, but no one loved this child more than Cindy and George did, and it's insulting to Caylee's memory to say otherwise. And I bet she would be very sad to see how they've been criticized and ridiculed, because they are the two people she loved the most.

I don't plan to buy Ashton's book, because I don't think he deserves to make money off this case, any more than anyone else does. I'm not interested in his story, any more than I am in Baez's story. I wouldn't buy a book Casey wrote either. But the point is, Ashton is not a god, it's embarrassing to see all this hero worship heaped on him. He's just a human being, like everyone else. And considering the speed with which he cranked this book out, it's been in the works for awhile, probably wrote the last chapter as soon as the verdict was read. Big whoop... he lost the case. Justice was denied. How does that make him a hero? He doesn't deserve it, IMO. He makes money, while the state has to SUE to get reimbursement for their investigative costs? Is that screwed up or what? Maybe they should sue HIM instead of Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam