Jenna Bush Gets Married

I wonder how much guests will spend on GAS to get to her wedding...
Sorry...good luck to her....

I just read that the wedding county was issued a tornado warning. I'm not sure it's true, but hope it was after the wedding.

LOL! There are pictures of several buses, carrying wedding guests, going into the ranch. Somehow, I don't think it was to save money on gas, though. :)

Funny you should mention that. The Crawford Peace House, usually the prime leader in Crawford protests, elected to not conduct any protests out of respect. I think that's wonderful. However, one of the anti-gay protest groups were still talking of it. Don't know if they showed up today or not.

Last night we had a fluke of a wild hailstorm that went right over Crawford. It was so weird - gorgeous night, no wind, perfect temp, and then a hailstorm 2 hrs later. Crawford got it good for about 30 minutes. What a difference a day makes - right now it's in the low 80's and pretty humid, but the sun was trying to shine the most at about 7:30pm, the time the wedding was supposed to start. Mr DD and I were talking about that. Pretty neat.
I saw the wacko Westboro Baptist Church group were there protesting. Disgusting. I only wish Jenna the best. She wanted a private wedding in her home town and her wishes should be honored. She's a wonderful young woman and she and her new husband are to be congratulated. Best wishes Jenna.

while we wait on the black out of pictures...

"The fact that no one in the town is invited to the wedding highlights the disconnect between the Bushes and the town," said David Modigliani.

"I really see the wedding as one of the last turns in the roller coaster ride this town has been in during this eight-year experience," he said.Main Street merchants are hoping this summer brings one last rush. The shops are full of Bush bobbleheads, buttons and bumper stickers, and this weekend at least two stores are upping the ante with Jenna-and-Henry memorabilia.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/050408dnmetcrawford.cbb81f06.html

Eh, the people complaining about not being invited are just jealous! It was Jenna's big day, not the towns folks!

Oh my God!!! I didn't know that. How romantic!!! Get that hubby of your's to get some time off of work and take you there!!!

Ha ha!! He's not working anymore but he's just like GW - always wants to just stay home and clear brush outside!!

(this is kind of an aside, but I've often commented, even here, that my hubby is like GW; Angelique told me I look and act like Laura Bush, and we have a daughter named Jenna!!!!)

Weird, huh??? Also, I think Jenna Bush has really matured and is cute and nice as a button, and has anyone read her book about ANA?

It's really easy to read and has GORGEOUS photos. (I think her good friend did the photos) "ANA'S STORY" She has also done a book with her mother, called READ ALL ABOUT IT.

Here's a link: http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061379086/Anas_Story/index.aspx

What is a 'house party'? I keep reading the term and I have never heard of it before associated with a wedding. Are they the bridal party?

Ha ha!! He's not working anymore but he's just like GW - always wants to just stay home and clear brush outside!!

(this is kind of an aside, but I've often commented, even here, that my hubby is like GW; Angelique told me I look and act like Laura Bush, and we have a daughter named Jenna!!!!)

Weird, huh??? Also, I think Jenna Bush has really matured and is cute and nice as a button, and has anyone read her book about ANA?

It's really easy to read and has GORGEOUS photos. (I think her good friend did the photos) "ANA'S STORY" She has also done a book with her mother, called READ ALL ABOUT IT.

Here's a link: http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780061379086/Anas_Story/index.aspx

Well you're not too far from us. Send hubby over here to clear bushes with my husband and you and I can go out and have lunch!!! Its very strange how much alike the families are. I never knew you had a daughter named Jenna! Very neat.

Well you're not too far from us. Send hubby over here to clear bushes with my husband and you and I can go out and have lunch!!! Its very strange how much alike the families are. I never knew you had a daughter named Jenna! Very neat.

Here is a link to photos of Cadillac Mountain and Acadia Park, where Henry Hager proposed to Jenna Bush.

http://www.acadiamagic.com/CadillacMountain.html

Sounds like they planned a fun reception!

The entertainment? A "funky rock" band from Nashville called the Super T Band. The band entertained the president and first lady at the White House in December 2003.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=4829984&page=1

The Tyrone Smith Revue Songlist:
'Super T Band'

Archie Bell & The Drells Tighten Up
Baby Face Whip Appeal, No Crime
Bobby Brown My Perogative, Don't Be Cruel, Hitch Hike, Rock Witch Baby
James Brown I Feel Good
Calloway I Want To Be Rich
Cameo Word Up
Bruce Channel Hey Baby
Chubby Checker The Twist
Terrence Trent D'arby Wishing Well
Spencer Davis Group Gimme Some Lovin'
The Drifters Under The Boardwalk
Earth Wind & Fire Let's Groove Tonight
E.U. Da Butt
The Four Seasons Sherry
Four Tops Can't Help Myself, Reach Out, Same Old Song
Eddie Floyd Knock On Wood
Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer
Marvin Gaye Grapevine, Sexual Healing
Guy I Like
Hammer Can't Touch This, Have You Seen Her
Isley Brothers Shout
Jackson Five Shake Your Body Down
Rick James Super Freak
Ben E. King Stand By Me
The Kingsmen Louie Louie
Lakeside Outrageous
The O'Jays Love Train Money
Wilson Pickett In The Midnight Hour
The Platters Only You, The Great Pretender
Otis Redding Dock Of The Bay
The Tams Be Young, Be Foolish
The Temptations My Girl, Get Ready, Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Tone Loc Wild Thing
Ike & Tina Turner Proud Mary
Junior Walker Shotgun
War Low Rider
Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs Stay
Stevie Wonder Superstitious

http://www.memphisband.com/nashvill...r-t-band/tyrone-smith-revue-super-t-band.html

:woohoo:

What is a 'house party'? I keep reading the term and I have never heard of it before associated with a wedding. Are they the bridal party?

They are the bridal party, but usually they don't walk down the isle, like the bridesmaids.

Usually they have assignments - like serve the punch or greet people, etc. Usually they don't have to get a special dress, but DO wear a corsage.

My daughter did the same thing, she only had a maid of honor and they all wore a simple, black dress. Nobody got their feelings hurt as to whether they were asked to be bridesmaid/house party.

But did you see this issue of People Magazine? Brides are now asking MEN to be in their bridal party. BRIDESMEN! It's kinda cute

I had never heard that term before either. My new daughter in law did that at her wedding last November. It worked out great and here I thought she was the only one who had ever thought of it! :crazy:

They are the bridal party, but usually they don't walk down the isle, like the bridesmaids.

Usually they have assignments - like serve the punch or greet people, etc. Usually they don't have to get a special dress, but DO wear a corsage.

My daughter did the same thing, she only had a maid of honor and they all wore a simple, black dress. Nobody got their feelings hurt as to whether they were asked to be bridesmaid/house party.

But did you see this issue of People Magazine? Brides are now asking MEN to be in their bridal party. BRIDESMEN! It's kinda cute

My son had a groom's maid. His best friend was a woman that used to be his roommate. She stood on his side in the same gown that the bridesmaids wore.

Same son had Princess Leah and Luke Skywalker on top of the wedding cake!

Oh do you have a picture? That would be cool to see!

My son and DIL had two wedding cakes. The bride had a friend who is just starting to do wedding cakes and the grooms grandmother is in the business and has baked ALL the family wedding cakes for everyone. So they had two. One had a John Deere tractor on it:crazy:

ITA. Jenna is a beautiful bride and looks so happy. The pictures of her reading to the kids and with her mom are great too.

Does anyone else think it is weird that there is only one pic of Barbara and that she wore white to her sister's wedding? She almost looked like she could have been the bride!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:(oops...sorry too)

looks like it was perfect and I LOVE the dress!!!

Why does Pres Bush always look so uncomfortable in photos???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back