Jennifer Aniston Engaged?

Jules said:
The article I read was that Jen called Brad's parents to give her congrats and that his mom didn't answer the call. It went on to say that Brad has been upset with his mom's continued relationship with Jen so that's probably why she didn't answer when she called.

Thanks for the info. Maybe they weren't home or something?? I mean they traveled to Africa, so maybe they were unavailable. I think the tabs like to jump to all sorts of conclusions about crap like this. Who knows??? I just think they try to sell newspapers so anything that's a huge scandal is what they're looking for! ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks for the info. Maybe they weren't home or something?? I mean they traveled to Africa, so maybe they were unavailable. I think the tabs like to jump to all sorts of conclusions about crap like this. Who knows??? I just think they try to sell newspapers so anything that's a huge scandal is what they're looking for! ;)

Probably so. That's why I don't post too much on the celebrity threads. Who knows what the heck is true and what's not. :D

If it's true that AJ refused Jen's congrats call on the baby I think that's pretty low. She loves the babies of the world but can't even be civil to a woman to whom her current love was once married? I think it's facinating that B and A's charity work seems to get them a pass on tolerating and maybe even contributing to the nastiness to Jen. JMO
Personally I dont think that JA had any business calling them- yes, it is a kind gesture..but I dont hear from my ex when i have children with someone else?? Nor would I expect it to be appropriate.
Now if Jen wanted to call Brad that might be different, but it was nothing more than proper publicity on JA's behalf. I thot from the get go that it was the strangest thing I had heard..think about it? Its not as if the break up was clean..it was muddied by the possible liason being before he even asked for a divorce..why in the heck would anyone call the other woman and say congrats about the baby u just had with my former husband who divorced me for you??
To call Brads parents is pushing it-but if they are close I guess its ok..I also dont believe that brads parents would refuse her call..they are civilized people-not morons..Brads mother would not be that way with Jen..there is no need for it-and brads mom didnt even have to tell brad..these are normal people in their own lives and this is just not adding up.

I also have nothing for or against any of them- I dont stand up or against anyone in this..I dont understand why Jen would have a voice about anything and everything the new couple are doing.
Think about your own lives..there may be people you wouldnt want to hear from if they had been involved with your mate..but you certainly wouldnt want them having a voice about every move you make..its time people let go of jen as being Brads in anyway..they are no longer tied.
If I were AJ I would not want an ex wife involved in my new life-no matter how I met her husband. Its over- brad doesnt owe jen anything and certainly AJ doesnt.

You know I dont see the physical appeal of vince vaughn? He may be a terrific guy but to me he is overweight for one and with very ordinary looks. Not unhandsome but not a hunk thats for sure.
If I met a guy like Vince in a grocery store and they are everywhere I wouldnt even notice him.
Brad Pitt is gorgeous even if I am not attracted to him and I am not. I dont like his intellect if he has one. he seems very limited in what matters to me - the use of language.
I think he and JA were quite suited/matched. With AJ I think he went up and out of his league. She is brilliant-articulate-stands for alot of things that are of a higher purpose..if anyting he is riding on her coattails..which there is nothing wrong with. I guess he seems like the dumb blonde to me.
jmo

newtv said:
You know I dont see the physical appeal of vince vaughn? He may be a terrific guy but to me he is overweight for one and with very ordinary looks. Not unhandsome but not a hunk thats for sure.
If I met a guy like Vince in a grocery store and they are everywhere I wouldnt even notice him.
Brad Pitt is gorgeous even if I am not attracted to him and I am not. I dont like his intellect if he has one. he seems very limited in what matters to me - the use of language.
I think he and JA were quite suited/matched. With AJ I think he went up and out of his league. She is brilliant-articulate-stands for alot of things that are of a higher purpose..if anyting he is riding on her coattails..which there is nothing wrong with. I guess he seems like the dumb blonde to me.
jmo
Maybe Vince has a nice personality, knows how to treat a woman and is fun to be with. Looks aren't everything. Maybe Jen didn't want to get stuck with another dumb blonde. I just don't see the big fuss over AJ.....I mean don't get me wrong, I think the charity work she does is great. But I read someplace that she caused BillyBob Thorton and wife breakup and when interviewed and asked about Brad denied relationship and commented on the fact that she would never be with a married man blah, blah, blah.... I think the word brilliant is giving her a wee too much credit.

czechmate7 said:
Maybe Vince has a nice personality, knows how to treat a woman and is fun to be with. Looks aren't everything. Maybe Jen didn't want to get stuck with another dumb blonde. I just don't see the big fuss over AJ.....I mean don't get me wrong, I think the charity work she does is great. But I read someplace that she caused BillyBob Thorton and wife breakup and when interviewed and asked about Brad denied relationship and commented on the fact that she would never be with a married man blah, blah, blah.... I think the word brilliant is giving her a wee too much credit.
I am not saying he isnt a terrific guy -all I am saying is he is described on the thread as a hunk and thats what I dont see..I can separate ones personal life from their work in the areas that make a difference in the 3rd world. And no matter what anyone says she has done far reaching works that will help children and change history really-there will be educated people passing it forward and so on..I dont care about AJ or JA or BP..I am simply saying she does good things..If I were on an airplane and JA or AJ sat beside me, (isnt it weird that their initials are the same when backwards), I would enjoy both of them.
AJ is brilliant-Brad is not- thats how I think he married up so to speak.
VV is likely another very intelligent guy and JA I think is average but smarter than Pit.
jmo

newtv said:
Personally I dont think that JA had any business calling them- yes, it is a kind gesture..but I dont hear from my ex when i have children with someone else?? Nor would I expect it to be appropriate.
Now if Jen wanted to call Brad that might be different, but it was nothing more than proper publicity on JA's behalf. I thot from the get go that it was the strangest thing I had heard..think about it? Its not as if the break up was clean..it was muddied by the possible liason being before he even asked for a divorce..why in the heck would anyone call the other woman and say congrats about the baby u just had with my former husband who divorced me for you??
To call Brads parents is pushing it-but if they are close I guess its ok..I also dont believe that brads parents would refuse her call..they are civilized people-not morons..Brads mother would not be that way with Jen..there is no need for it-and brads mom didnt even have to tell brad..these are normal people in their own lives and this is just not adding up.

I also have nothing for or against any of them- I dont stand up or against anyone in this..I dont understand why Jen would have a voice about anything and everything the new couple are doing.
Think about your own lives..there may be people you wouldnt want to hear from if they had been involved with your mate..but you certainly wouldnt want them having a voice about every move you make..its time people let go of jen as being Brads in anyway..they are no longer tied.
If I were AJ I would not want an ex wife involved in my new life-no matter how I met her husband. Its over- brad doesnt owe jen anything and certainly AJ doesnt.
I completely agree, newtv!!!:clap:

thx Linask-I think its strange how the media keeps Jen in the loop..I doubt she wanted to be associated with evey move the new couple makes either..
and yes.CP., its called moving on..its got to be getting close to 2 years isnt it?

newtv said:
thx Linask-I think its strange how the media keeps Jen in the loop..I doubt she wanted to be associated with evey move the new couple makes either..
and yes.CP., its called moving on..its got to be getting close to 2 years isnt it?
Personally, new, I think it's Jen keeping Jen in the media.;)

newtv said:

Here's a true story: My ex-husband found a way to call me when I was in the recovery room at the hospital, after I had just delivered a child born to me and my current husband! He called to ask about the baby, etc. Weird, but true. Ex-hubby still tells me how to vote, tries to dole out advice, etc. I keep having to remind him that he no longer has any business telling me what is what.

Could it be possible that the media made up the story that Jen tried to call Brad and AJ? I just don't see anyone doing something like this, especially a situation where the husband clearly left the wife for another woman.

I also do not think AJ is brilliant. She is beautiful, but she is not brilliant, IMO. Yes, she is doing some charity work. So did Princess Diana, who was also beautiful but far from brilliant.

I think that Vince Vaughn is a funny man and also kind of attractive. For some reason, I just don't see Jennifer and Vince as a true couple. She may grow to love him, but it just doesn't seem to fit to me. Of course, I know nothing as I just observe them occasionally on the news. I will say that I think that Vince is a Godsend for Jennifer. Vince seems very level-headed and down-to-earth. He also seems like a strong shoulder for Jenn to lean upon during this difficult time.

Jennifer has to be very wounded. Her husband left her, and her entire life story as well as his and his new partner's is being played out step by step. His new partner even had a baby. This has to be devastating to Jennifer. She is only human. In any case, I surely hope that she sees Brad for what he is. He is very selfish, IMO. He couldn't have cared much for Jennifer to have made this new life so swiftly.

Of course, we know nothing about the inner workings of the marriage. It must have been crumbling for a long time and Brad must have been extremely unhappy. That's why people look outside of their marriages and leave quickly when they find what they think is happiness.

Life is strange. It may hurt Jennifer now, but it will turn out as a blessing in disguise. She will find someone who truly loves her for her. As for Brad and AJ, I hope that they are happy, too.

LinasK said:
I completely agree, newtv!!!:clap:
And............as much as I like Jen and Vince together, it's the classic rebound situation. She'll wake up one morning and realize she doesn't really love him. She needs at least one to two years alone before finding the love of her life. I have lived this before. He's definitely a rebound!! Yes, Vince has his good points, but they say for every year you were with someone, it will take that many years to get over the person. I'm sure Brad still deep inside had to get over Jen and still is. I don't believe Vince is the love of Jen's life. She might think he is now, but I doubt it will last.

ellen13 said:
they say for every year you were with someone, it will take that many years to get over the person.
I'm not so sure that's true. I had a long-term relationship that lasted 8-9 years and it didn't take that long to find my marriage, which has lasted 12 years, and I've been with him 14.

nanandjim said:
Could it be possible that the media made up the story that Jen tried to call Brad and AJ? I just don't see anyone doing something like this, especially a situation where the husband clearly left the wife for another woman.

I also do not think AJ is brilliant. She is beautiful, but she is not brilliant, IMO. Yes, she is doing some charity work. So did Princess Diana, who was also beautiful but far from brilliant.

I think that Vince Vaughn is a funny man and also kind of attractive. For some reason, I just don't see Jennifer and Vince as a true couple. She may grow to love him, but it just doesn't seem to fit to me. Of course, I know nothing as I just observe them occasionally on the news. I will say that I think that Vince is a Godsend for Jennifer. Vince seems very level-headed and down-to-earth. He also seems like a strong shoulder for Jenn to lean upon during this difficult time.

Jennifer has to be very wounded. Her husband left her, and her entire life story as well as his and his new partner's is being played out step by step. His new partner even had a baby. This has to be devastating to Jennifer. She is only human. In any case, I surely hope that she sees Brad for what he is. He is very selfish, IMO. He couldn't have cared much for Jennifer to have made this new life so swiftly.

Of course, we know nothing about the inner workings of the marriage. It must have been crumbling for a long time and Brad must have been extremely unhappy. That's why people look outside of their marriages and leave quickly when they find what they think is happiness.

Life is strange. It may hurt Jennifer now, but it will turn out as a blessing in disguise. She will find someone who truly loves her for her. As for Brad and AJ, I hope that they are happy, too.
Have you ever listened to AJ being intereviewed about serious matters-about life, etc
She is brilliant-and it takes brilliance to act the way she does..thats not easy.
I wouldnt be surprised if she is in the top 5th percentile with respect to the bell curve of intelligence.
I dont oppose your own opinion I just think she is brilliant..brad is not..there might be a conflict there one day because of it-JA is average..its what people talk about and how they think about things and how they express themselves that tells one about intelligence.
AJ was interviewed at length by BW - I was shocked at her brilliance and I am highon the intelligence scale myself (not always a blessing either)..People often dont understand women who are brilliant..they tolerate it more in men-brilliance isnt easy-or pretty a lot of the time.
I have too much of my own intelligence not to have good reasons for saying this- I am not manipulated by her looks or her story-it is there to be seen.

LinasK said:
I'm not so sure that's true. I had a long-term relationship that lasted 8-9 years and it didn't take that long to find my marriage, which has lasted 12 years, and I've been with him 14.
well whomever is doing it..it is time to stop. I would not want to be asked about the man who left me or the woman he left me for..I just wouldnt..I have too big an ego for it.

Sweet Bugaboo said:
Here's a true story: My ex-husband found a way to call me when I was in the recovery room at the hospital, after I had just delivered a child born to me and my current husband! He called to ask about the baby, etc. Weird, but true. Ex-hubby still tells me how to vote, tries to dole out advice, etc. I keep having to remind him that he no longer has any business telling me what is what.
thats hilarious..and no ownder u divorced him..lol

newtv said:
well whomever is doing it..it is time to stop. I would not want to be asked about the man who left me or the woman he left me for..I just wouldnt..I have too big an ego for it.
Agreed, my point here was just that it didn't take me another 8-9 years to find a lasting relationship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back