Jennifer Buchanan

”I have never left her alone with him," said Jennifer, “There was always another parent with her and him.”

Can someone please help me like what exactly the above statement means, "There was always another parent?" As in not necessarily JB? Or even the GM? As in who? As in JB WAS by her own admission here leaving Nevaeh w RSO GK (but it was ok cause there was someone else she claims who would ordinarily be present?) W whom and where was GK when JB was leaving Nevaeh w him? I thought JB was always there and never left Nevaeh w GK? Maybe this belongs on "Inconsistensies" thread geesh at this point we could merge them, sigh...

:parrot:

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=305099

I think "Lies" about being hungry was an unfortunate choice of words. My kids, ages 4 & 5, will say that they aren't hungry around dinner time if they don't want to stop what they are doing to come eat dinner. However, the difference is that I don't see it as a "lie" I see it as being a child who would rather continue playing than be interrupted. I am the parent so when I say it's time to eat, they understand that they have to stop playing and come to the table (I also watch my kids like a hawk, but that's another story).

When she used the term 'lie' it bothered me significantly because it came across that Nevaeh was bothering her or irratating her and that JB didn't have an appreciation and understanding of children in general.

Also felt that way when she stated that she was angry when she heard that Nevaeh was in the road. Not angry because she was worried about her but angry she had to get off her butt and find her.

She never left Nevaeh alone with him without an another adult around?? Who GK's girlfriend or the other RSO's? Geez...

Home invasion by a woman for drugs............any help from friends?
Sounds scarey to me. She must of done it many times before getting caught.
What was her age when arrested? Neaveh would of been almost 2 when she was in jail?
JB never knew or bonded with her baby.
Just out of the slammer 4 months ago, and didn't even watch her play?
No dinner by 7 pm?
JB says Neaveh "LIES" about being hungry? Sorry mother to lazy to cook and child had to eat a popscyle for dinner............
This poor child never had a chanse with a mother like this one...........IMO!

Bolded by me - I saw the interview on Nancy Grace on Monday night, and was in shock when she said the comment about Neaveh lying about being hungry. The tone of her whole interview with Nancy was defensive, and I really didn't hear anything expected from a grieving parent. Yes, everyone grieves in their own way. But this mother's parenting skills were severely lacking before Neveah went missing. She doesn't seem to see tthe poor judgment she showed in decisions regarding her daughter - exposing her to a RSO, letting her out to play without deligently watching her, the list could go on and on. For these reasons it is hard to see her in any kind of sympathetic light. Instead, my sympathies are with Neveah not only for what she suffered at the end of her life, but for what she suffered the rest of her life before her disappearance. God bless her and keep her close.

After JB and her friend walked out of the Nancy Grace show I thought for sure this would be at least one of the main topics on her show, yet, barely a mention tonight (Tuesday June 9th) other than the body has been identified as Nevaeh.

Does anyone find this odd? I do.

JB did the worst possible thing she could do and Nancy doesn't talk about it non-stop? Something is up.

Thoughts?

....the tone she used when she said "she lies" gave me chills,I immedeately thought what if Neveah tried to tell her before what "Uncle George" is doing to her...I can just see her say "she lies" as well....

After JB and her friend walked out of the Nancy Grace show I thought for sure this would be at least one of the main topics on her show, yet, barely a mention tonight (Tuesday June 9th) other than the body has been identified as Nevaeh.

JB did the worst possible thing she could do and Nancy doesn't talk about it non-stop? Something is up.

Thoughts?

I was thinking the SAME THING! Actually, I was kinda surprised that NG was so hard on JB because of the Duckett case. However, I'm glad NG is not afraid to say WHAT IS RIGHT by these "parents"!!! This madness MUST STOP! What I don't understand is why these cases are not broadcast more widely! Women and children are being murdered and abducted at an alarming rate, don't you think?

OH! I also wanted to add that I hope NG isn't backing off this case because she got a call from an attorney :-(

It's crap like that that might be keeping the media from talking about what an OUTRAGE it is with these "parents"!!!

NG is rude to everyone. If my child went missing, boy, I'd find anyone else to spread the word. She was directing her questions to JB to make her guilty before a trial or even an arrest! I feel the LE has her, JB, pegged correctly. NG's rudeness is so much fluff n nutter.

That doesn't mean that JB isn't being scutinized as well by LE with good reason...but the only person she sucked up to has been RC, Haleigh's dad?

The mother was probably offered some money which might be needed with family not working during this. Who knows? She went on and got slammed, and walked. If I were innocent, I'd say Biotch on the way out and tell her not to show her babies on tv and online!

But if she doesn't keep these missing children in the face of viewers and keeps on continually show CA's face everyday, she won't last much longer. IMO

ETA, but that's me, JB didn't have anyone to represent her. NG chewed Holly up in one bite. NG hopefully is not all there is available in finding missing children/people on TV. Please dear God. Let it not be so! Sadly, that's all we have. So these parents go on and are spit out by her. Funny how RC wasn't....fluff n nutter.

I think I'm missing something about the timeline of JB/GK/NB relationship but I don't know what.

Kennedy, a former prison inmate and registered sex offender is said to have been a “father figure” to the young girl”
"George had a good relationship upon my daughter as a father figure, always there for her.
If he came around she'd see him she'd run up to him and hug him," Jennifer Buchanan told MyFOXDetroit during an interview this morning.

*snip*

Buchanan said she met Kennedy two years ago, dating him for about six weeks before turning the relationship into a close friendship. She said Kennedy was a father figure to Nevaeh, giving her things Buchanan couldn't provide herself, from toys to new school clothes.

"All three of our relationship together was like a family. He claimed her as a daughter," Buchanan said. "He was in my daughter's life more than her own father."

Buchanan said she met Smith only a couple months ago, hanging out with him only with Kennedy.

"I did not know Roy that well," Smith said. "I was very careful who met my daughter."

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...ersons-of-interest--were-sex-offenders/?imw=Y

For the last 2 1/2 months, Sherry, Jennifer and Nevaeh Buchanan have lived together in the two-bedroom apartment.
http://www.freep.com/article/200906...nifer+Buchanan+denies+killing+daughter+Nevaeh

She was incarcerated in 12/07/06 and released from prison in 26 January. How did she date with George Kennedy two years ago? If it was before her prison term three years ago, Nevaeh would have been only two years old.

I don't understand how the father figure thing works. During all that time JB was in prison Nevaeh was in the custody of her granny. Nevaeh disappeared four months later. From the freep quote it appears that JB didn't even live with her daughter the whole time after her release. I haven't read anything that indicates that the grandmother encouraged a relationship between Nevaeh and GK while JB was gone so when and how did this close family like relationship develop? In the 2 and a half months JB lived together with Nevaeh and SB?

I also remember reading or hearing that JB also said that for most of the time when she and GK met, Nevaeh wasn't there. I recall she mentioned a percentage of time but I can't find an original quote now, could anyone help with that? Here's a second hand quote:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/09/ijvm.01.html
JUDGE KAREN MILLS FRANCIS, "JUDGE KAREN": You know when this child was first reported missing, what she said to the press was that George Kennedy was like a father to this child.

Now she`s been backpedaling and she`s saying, "Oh, no, he was never with her by himself. As a matter of fact, any time he came over to visit, I would meet him outside and leave Nevaeh in the house."

JB also said that Nevaeh was a shy kid who wouldn't take candy from a stranger and one of the neighbours, Haley Jennings also described her as shy.

So, if they only met a few times during a couple of months, and she' such a shy, reserved child, how did he become a father figure that she'd run and hug and who would "always be there for her "in that time? Was he grooming? Did GK and Nevaeh meet somewhere before JB was released from prison in January?

I saw the NG show Monday, but got interrupted and did not see JB and her friend walk off the show. Not sure what NG was getting at, other than terrible parenting, not watching the child closely, exposing her to RSO, etc, which, of course, show her to be a the most deplorable example of a mother. Is there more to suspicions re: JB? Does LE suspect her in some way? I think what bothers me most about JB is her affect: total lack of responsbility, accountability. Another parent/mother, equally poor in parenting, might have at least had a good case of the "If only I had..." She does not seem to have any emotion other than to defend her actions.

I saw the NG show Monday, but got interrupted and did not see JB and her friend walk off the show. Not sure what NG was getting at, other than terrible parenting, not watching the child closely, exposing her to RSO, etc, which, of course, show her to be a the most deplorable example of a mother. Is there more to suspicions re: JB? Does LE suspect her in some way? I think what bothers me most about JB is her affect: total lack of responsbility, accountability. Another parent/mother, equally poor in parenting, might have at least had a good case of the "If only I had..." She does not seem to have any emotion other than to defend her actions.

Her story has many inconsistencies. I think that is one of the biggest reasons she hasn't been cleared yet. She has also failed at least one question (that we know of) on a lie detector test.

A couple of days after little Nevaeh's funeral I expect LE will have JB back in for a pretty hard interview. They will be tough, IMO, because she just simply cannot keep her story straight! She had better tell one consistant story and tell the truth for once. JMO

Im sorry but I thought it was confirmed yesterday thru a radio interview that JB did that she was infact pregnant?

Im sorry but I thought it was confirmed yesterday thru a radio interview that JB did that she was infact pregnant?

I think it was more of a didn't say that she was, didn't say that she wasn't. I think she denied that she was pregnant with GK's kid, but didn't deny the whole idea outright.

Thoughts?

I agree. I posted the same sentiment in the NG Show thread. No mention of the case on NG yesterday and today. In fact, I made sure I caught the show to see some reaction to the interview. Perhaps NG is fed up? Perhaps the show is worried about a law suit? Perhaps Nancy feels a bit silly about the sundown in MI time gaffe? Seems doubtful.
I can hope that NG saving up, doing some homework on the lies (or inconsistencies) JB has brought forth in various interviews, so far. Again, seems doubtful.

On another note, I am surprised that George's Savannah has not been questioned again on her conflicting story. Most of the confusion in this case involve the conflicting timeline stories of JB, upstairs neighbors Krystal Kuhn/Aaron Baker, George, and Savannah.

I think I'm missing something about the timeline of JB/GK/NB relationship but I don't know what.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...ersons-of-interest--were-sex-offenders/?imw=Y

http://www.freep.com/article/200906...nifer+Buchanan+denies+killing+daughter+Nevaeh

She was incarcerated in 12/07/06 and released from prison in 26 January. How did she date with George Kennedy two years ago? If it was before her prison term three years ago, Nevaeh would have been only two years old.

I don't understand how the father figure thing works. During all that time JB was in prison Nevaeh was in the custody of her granny. Nevaeh disappeared four months later. From the freep quote it appears that JB didn't even live with her daughter the whole time after her release. I haven't read anything that indicates that the grandmother encouraged a relationship between Nevaeh and GK while JB was gone so when and how did this close family like relationship develop? In the 2 and a half months JB lived together with Nevaeh and SB?

I also remember reading or hearing that JB also said that for most of the time when she and GK met, Nevaeh wasn't there. I recall she mentioned a percentage of time but I can't find an original quote now, could anyone help with that? Here's a second hand quote:
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/09/ijvm.01.html

Bold emphasis added. She said this in the Deminski and Doyle radio interview on June 1, and the percentage was 85% of the time that JB was with George, Nevaeh was not around. Here is the link:
http://dd.wcsx.com/?p=3208

The comments on this page are interesting. One says it is JB third change of story. Another questions the store that JB says she walked to twice searching for Nevaeh.
I notice that JB did not mention calling George that night.

Here is the other radio interview JB did on MOJO in the morning of Monday, June 8th.

She states at the end of the interview that she has not spoken to George since before Nevaeh's disappearance. Is she confused, or am I?

Or is it George that is lying? http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090604/NEWS02/906040366/0/SPORTS04

Do we have anything from JB that says she called GK on the day Nevaeh went missing?

I found this: http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...s_missing_mothers.html?singlepage=true&cat=62
"Kennedy helped in the searches for Nevaeh Buchanan until he was arrested. Jennifer Buchanan said that he had acted as if she were joking about Nevaeh being missing when she first contacted him."

NG is rude to everyone. If my child went missing, boy, I'd find anyone else to spread the word. She was directing her questions to JB to make her guilty before a trial or even an arrest! I feel the LE has her, JB, pegged correctly. NG's rudeness is so much fluff n nutter.

That doesn't mean that JB isn't being scutinized as well by LE with good reason...but the only person she sucked up to has been RC, Haleigh's dad?

The mother was probably offered some money which might be needed with family not working during this. Who knows? She went on and got slammed, and walked. If I were innocent, I'd say Biotch on the way out and tell her not to show her babies on tv and online!

But if she doesn't keep these missing children in the face of viewers and keeps on continually show CA's face everyday, she won't last much longer. IMO

ETA, but that's me, JB didn't have anyone to represent her. NG chewed Holly up in one bite. NG hopefully is not all there is available in finding missing children/people on TV. Please dear God. Let it not be so! Sadly, that's all we have. So these parents go on and are spit out by her. Funny how RC wasn't....fluff n nutter.

I totally agree with you on this one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that JB was lacking in parenting skills, but most of us would have liked to hear what she had to say without NG's interruptions and tirades. For some reason she had all kinds of sympathy for RC and just look at his parenting skills. Of course, that story also just disappeared into thin air as well. I'm wondering if the producers just eliminate the stories when she starts showing signs of overwhelming rudeness---fear of lawsuits from families.

...he had acted as if she were joking about Nevaeh being missing when she first contacted him."[/I]

Snipped
That is just so disturbing, to me it shows his guilt, like he is trying to shrug it off, or laugh it off. My ex was just like that, I can just picture him now. (He wasn't a SO, but when confronted about things he did, he would act just like that.)
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back