Jennifer Byers Hernandez/gerardo Barajas Jr.

Discussion in 'Missing but not forgotten Discussion' started by Jo2176, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Jo2176

Jo2176 New Member

Please help me! My only sister and young nephew, have now been missing almost 10 year!! The local law enforcement (Stanislaus County, CA) completely refused to take a missing persons report, let alone inveatigate.

After months, I filed the missing person's case in a different county. Stanislaus County is refusing to accept the case, even though my sister was living in Stanislaus, last seen there & was even on probation there, but they say it's not their case. Their excuse is that her last address was in Calaveras County, because she had used a family member's address, on her license.

I work in law enforcement and I still can't get them to invesitigate this case.

Jennifer Byers Hernandez
    DOB 8/31/76
    Missing From Modesto Ca.
    August 28, 2008

Gerardo Barajas Jr.
    DOB 12/31/2002

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Legally Bland likes this.

2. Owl4

Owl4 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Calaverses County? Something does not add up!! 10 years an no report being taken?! Shady if you ask me. Did your sister have any enemies? Ex-husband that possible had a not so good ending with her an their marriage? Do you feel they ran away to start new life?
    Hope you get someone maybe of higher Authority to investigate. :oops:

Legally Bland and MadMcGoo like this.
  3. Jo2176

Jo2176 New Member

I grew up in Calaveras, a very small county about an hour away from Stanislaus county. Calaveras has done everything they can to help. They took all the information I had for the case, family DNA, etc and then tried to transfer the case to Stanislaus County, which again it was refused!!

I have a witness statement from the last person to see her and she gave details regarding witnessing a homicide and Cartel ties. Stanislaus refused to even look into this. Making a statement on video, to my P.I., stating well...you know she was a felon!?! Refering to my sister, as if she didn't matter because of her past.

I have lots of details, and possibly the real story, from that witness but no one cares enough to even look into it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    sweetcaro and Legally Bland like this.
  4. Owl4

Owl4 Well-Known Member

Wow. Your sister is still a human being. Having made possible bad decisions in the past does NOT matter. This case needs to be opened. Your sister an nephew were loved an family needs closure. Prayers

MadMcGoo, Legally Bland and Jo2176 like this.
  5. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

There's not a great deal of info in these, but thought they should be posted up:

Jo2176 likes this.
  6. Legally Bland

Jo2176 and Owl4 like this.
  7. Legally Bland

I can't find Jennifer in Namus, maybe @Roselvr could offer some advice on how to get her entered.

Jo2176 likes this.
  8. becks_

becks_ On Time Out

bumping for Jennifer and Gerardo hope that they are found soon...

Legally Bland likes this.