Jerry Sandusky sentenced to 30-60 years in 2012 *Appeal denied 2023*

Okay, since the mods haven't responded- I'll let you know it's against TOS to dictate what topics threads other posters post on. Obviously some of us aren't done with this case, and will not be told when to "move on"!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm not telling anyone to move on, or dictating what or where anyone posts.

Thanks for your opinion though, it is very interesting.

I don't care what he is getting in prison. Its still prison. He's there for the rest of his life, and that's that. His "victims" won, and I am slightly puzzled by the tendency of some to take a glass half empty approach about this.

Justice was done here, thanks mostly to the courage of the young men who testified against him, so why the need to obsess about him further?

He's gone, forget him.

Trust me: I do not OBSESS over this monster:,

I don't know why you are being snarky with me. I don't appreciate it. I just wanted to be assured that he wasn't getting the same sort of life that Scott Petterson is enjoying in prison!

Do not tell me to forget about it; you have no right. I want to make sure he is treated as the pediafile he is, with no special perks!

All right. This is getting a litlle odd, but fine I apologise if I came across as snarky or whatever.

What I am trying to get across is that the young men who testified against this serial paedophile had their statements heard, believed and upheld by a jury. They then heard thieir former abuser sentenced by a judge. He will be in prison for the rest of his life.

His former victims, now survivors, will be able to hopefully comfort themselves that they secured justice. As for the old pervert himself - he deserves this, to be forgotten and rot in prison.

All right. This is getting a litlle odd, but fine I apologise if I came across as snarky or whatever.

What I am trying to get across is that the young men who testified against this serial paedophile had their statements heard, believed and upheld by a jury. They then heard thieir former abuser sentenced by a judge. He will be in prison for the rest of his life.

His former victims, now survivors, will be able to hopefully comfort themselves that they secured justice. As for the old pervert himself - he deserves this, to be forgotten and rot in prison.
s

I want to know where the money is coming from this monster, for those poor boys!

I don't find this 'odd' at all...we all have the right and should have the freedom to express our opinions regarding JS's sentence and questions we have about it and what it means to us. As we know, some of the posters are former victims and survivors themselves and, as far as I am concerned, their input, reactions and thoughts are welcome to help us understand these particular victims of JS. Just because he has been sentenced is not the end of the story...as Judge Cleland said....'they will live with what he did to them the rest of their lives'...there are yet to come the appeals, possible additional charges, compensation, etc. I am also interested in what happens to JS in prison, for one thing where he ends up housed after his 'orientation', how he is treated there, if he is in a treatment program, if Dottie visits him, etc. This is definitely not the end of the story to me either.

Jerry Sandusky's legal problems are far from over. In fact they are just beginning. We still do not know the full extent of what he did and how many untold victims there are. It gets worse and more disturbing.

Jerry Sandusky's lawyers seek new trial

Former coach sentenced to no less than 30 years in prison

Author: By Mallory Simon CNN

Published On: Oct 18 2012 05:05:33 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 18 2012 08:47:38 PM EDT

(CNN) -
Jerry Sandusky's lawyers are seeking a new trial for their client, according to court documents filed Thursday in Centre County court in Pennsylvania...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rial/-/1719418/17046264/-/4fi65f/-/index.html

Sandusky asks judge to overturn abuse convictions

By GENARO C. ARMAS and MARK SCOLFORO, AP
2 hours ago BELLEFONTE, Pa.

Jerry Sandusky asked a judge on Thursday to overturn his child sexual abuse convictions and grant him a new trial, claiming his lawyers lacked sufficient time to prepare and the statute of limitations for some charges had expired.

Sandusky's lawyers made the filing at the courthouse in Bellefonte where he was sentenced two weeks ago to 30 to 60 years in prison after being convicted of abusing 10 boys, some on Penn State's campus in State College.

"The defendant submits the court's sentence was excessive and tantamount ... to a life sentence, which the defendant submits is in violation of his rights," they wrote.

The 31-page set of motions, technically not appeals because they were filed with the trial judge, cover a wide range of assertions, including insufficient evidence, improper use of hearsay testimony and erroneous rulings from the bench...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20121018/US.Penn.State.Abuse/

I wrote this for my blog - but will repost here -
Today I attended the Jerry Sandusky sentencing in Bellefonte, PA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very respectfully snipped by me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roxine:
Wow and amen.

And thank you for your eloquence and courage to stay in that courtroom instead of standing up and screaming at That Man.

JMO but J.S. statement regarding sex with Dottie is how he viewed it. With the boys it was love in his sick deluded mind :snake:

You know, Bravo, that's kinda what I've been pondering -- during the actual trial, and even more now. And know this: I am not in any way trying to mitigate or lessen the horrors that JS visited upon those trusting, hero-worshiping, mesmerized, young, innocent little boys... Not a whit.

I have done this, maybe some of you have -- as a kid, especially: You do something that you know is not right, but you build a rosy little story around it so as to make it sound not really so bad, and the more you look at it that way, the less it seems "bad." I wonder if that is what JS has done through all these years -- he knew what he was doing was reprehensible and unforgivable, but he painted it with a peaceful pastel color, he concentrated on what good things he did for those deserving boys -- tickets for/trips to ball games, pizza parties, sports jerseys, each his own football, etc., etc., which are the stuff of dreams for a 10-year old -- I do wonder if JS is now operating under his own delusion that what he did was a good thing since it was done with love & affection, despite the "No, please, it hurts," or the "I don't want to play that game again, coach," or the "I don't want to," etc. etc.

Is he truly operating under his own delusion? If so, that would not be mitigating his crimes, it would make him all the more dangerous, IMO. The only place for a man like this is the jailhouse. :jail: For the rest of his life. Grrrrrr.

Sandusky moved from county jail to state prison

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=19117391&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

CAMP HILL, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky became a state prison inmate Tuesday with his transfer out of the Centre County jail, his home since he was convicted in June of child molestation.

The 68-year-old former Penn State assistant coach arrived early in the morning at the State Correctional Institute at Camp Hill, just outside Harrisburg, a state prison system spokeswoman said.

He faces testing and evaluation that will take a week or more before he can be assigned a security risk level and sent to one of the state facilities as his "home" prison. At Camp Hill, experts will assess his mental state, physical health and education level, and determine whether he needs treatment..............

There are about 6,800 sex offenders serving time in Pennsylvania's prison system. The Corrections Department does not maintain special units for sex offenders, and there is no way to predict where he will be sent..........more at link........

It's funny how the article says, 'a so-called Cpap machine', CPAPs aren't exactly strange, they may as well call him a so-called child molester, just as valid...whatever, he won't be sleeping easy...

Hmmmmm, essentially solitary confinement, eh? While this is prolly what's needed to save his life, this kind of incarceration will prolly put him in an early grave. IMO. For better or for worse -- how ever that will horrify or delight his fans & his foes.

From what I've read and from what I've seen on "Hard Time" and other better documentaries, few people can tolerate solitary for any real length of time -- only those who prefer it, or think they do, would rather be there.

Absolutely no one to talk to except yourself, day & night, every day. I guess you could always write "the great novel," but who would read JS's?? And no hanky-panky, not even with his beloved wedded wife. No skin contact with anyone -- except oneself. Do haircuts qualify? So now the world is safe. Finally. That's the bed he's made for himself; now he's got at least 30 years to lie in it.
icon6.gif

And what about his appeal? Does it have legs or not?

Hmmmmm, essentially solitary confinement, eh? While this is prolly what's needed to save his life, this kind of incarceration will prolly put him in an early grave. IMO. For better or for worse -- how ever that will horrify of delight his fans & his foes.

From what I've read and from what I've seen on "Hard Time" and other better documentaries, few people can tolerate solitary for any real length of time -- only those who prefer it, or think they do, would rather be there.

Absolutely no one to talk to except yourself, day & night, every day. I guess you could always write "the great novel," but who would read JS's?? And no hanky-panky, not even with his beloved wedded wife. No skin contact with anyone -- except oneself. Do haircuts qualify? So now the world is safe. Finally. That's the bed he's made for himself; now he's got at least 30 years to lie in it.
icon6.gif

Hope he had a great Halloween, NOT, without any young boys to celebrate it with!

Amendola is appealing on the basis of insufficient time to prepare. In a case this high profile, with a client with money, I doubt it will work. Amendola could have hired people to help.

They might be able argue that the Calhoun evidence was hearsay. Precedent looks like it is against them.

The judge didn't show a bias, which is why there wasn't a 100+ year sentence (not to mention Sandusky being 68). He also dismissed several of the charges, after the AG's Office put on the case.

Now Sandusky wants a less-harsh prison environment:

Rominger said Sandusky, 68, rates as a Level 2 inmate on a five-level security classification but is being kept under much more severe Level 5 conditions. He said Sandusky is alone in his cell for 23 hours a day during the week and around the clock on weekends.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...sky_seeks_less_hars.html#incart_river_default

He still seems to believe he has some control over his life, doesn't he? He should be careful what he wishes for - life in General Population would not be very comfortable for a well-known convicted child molester.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back