Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

After reading the documents about how the case would have been argued, one point remains forefront in my mind: the difference in timeline with the two victims. Jesse was unaccounted for between roughly 9:30PM and 11 on the night that Morgan was abducted. With Hannah, he abducted her shortly after 1AM, but he was not where he should be at 7:30AM the following day, and was off line for several additional hours.

The bodies were found roughly 18 miles from abduction site, so maybe a 20-30 minute drive one way.

That suggests that he spent about 40 minutes with Morgan, and hours with Hannah. Given the cuts to Hannah's jeans, and the injuries to her face, I think she put up a fierce struggle.

What is tremendously sad is that so many people observed Jesse with Hannah, recognized that something was wrong, and yet no one stepped in to help.

Add to that the numerous people who were targets of his way over the top sexual/physical advances throughout the evening as well as those who observed his behavior and did nothing to report it.....

After reading the documents about how the case would have been argued, one point remains forefront in my mind: the difference in timeline with the two victims. Jesse was unaccounted for between roughly 9:30PM and 11 on the night that Morgan was abducted. With Hannah, he abducted her shortly after 1AM, but he was not where he should be at 7:30AM the following day, and was off line for several additional hours.

The bodies were found roughly 18 miles from abduction site, so maybe a 20-30 minute drive one way.

That suggests that he spent about 40 minutes with Morgan, and hours with Hannah. Given the cuts to Hannah's jeans, and the injuries to her face, I think she put up a fierce struggle.

What is tremendously sad is that so many people observed Jesse with Hannah, recognized that something was wrong, and yet no one stepped in to help.

Perhaps part of the difference in the time periods was due to the fact that JLM was ostensibly working the night of Morgan's disappearance, and he didn't feel he could afford to spend any additional time off of the radio. In addition, given that he was "on duty" driving a cab, he was not drinking heavily as he was on the night of Hannah's disappearance. His car was observed between 6:30 - 7:30 am adjacent to the site where Hannah's remains were found, and I really think it's likely that he simply passed out at some point during the early morning hours after killing Hannah. There are two abandoned houses on that property, one with a large deck attached.

Red Onion is a "supermax" prison, intended to incarcerate "the worst of the worst". Critics of the prison have alleged that many inmates are sent to Red Onion not because they have committed severe crimes but because they broke rules at other facilities. Some 55% of Red Onion's prisoners have sentences longer than 15 years, and 12% have life sentences.

The prisoners at Red Onion are disproportionately black compared to the overall Virginia population. The creation of Red Onion and Wallens Ridge during the 1990s led to a threefold increase in the black population of Wise County, as reported by the 2000 Census.

Red Onion is the home of surviving "beltway sniper" Lee Boyd Malvo. It also holds convicted murderer and activist Joseph Giarratano, who for some time was allowed to teach a course on nonviolence.

More than two-thirds of prisoners at Red Onion are held in solitary confinement, or "segregation". They are alone 23 hours per day in 7' x 12' cells with slats for light. Length of confinement ranges from two weeks to fourteen years. Food and medicine are served through trays in the cell door.

Opportunities for education and work are more limited than in most prisons; however, Red Onion offers janitorial work, a GED program, and a literacy program. The prison uses a video education system which allows the playing of prerecorded video files over 5" CCTV screens.

The facility was designed to minimize contact between guards and prisoners as well as among prisoners. Most locations in the facility have gun ports open to the perimeter, allowing armed guards to shoot into prisoner areas from behind a barrier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Onion_State_Prison

Single mother of three receives reward money for Jesse Matthew arrest

"CBS 6 independently confirmed that Karen Monk will receive a reward for her quick-thinking actions that led to the arrest of Matthew over 1,000 miles from Virginia, on the Texas Bolivar Peninsula, near Galveston.
“It was very scary that day and I still think about it all the time,” said Monk, after learning about the reward Monday.

Monk spotted Matthew and gave authorities his location."

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/11/single-mother-of-three-receives-reward-money-for-jesse-matthew-arrest/

Yeh, that was a recent revelation. I thought that he was given his sister's car in which to escape; but it sounds like he just took it...

Umm. Not necessarily. Who knows if auntie is telling the truth or just trying to distance self and family from him. None of them came out publicly about anything until all was said and done.

Single mother of three receives reward money for Jesse Matthew arrest

"CBS 6 independently confirmed that Karen Monk will receive a reward for her quick-thinking actions that led to the arrest of Matthew over 1,000 miles from Virginia, on the Texas Bolivar Peninsula, near Galveston.
“It was very scary that day and I still think about it all the time,” said Monk, after learning about the reward Monday.

Monk spotted Matthew and gave authorities his location."

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/11/single-mother-of-three-receives-reward-money-for-jesse-matthew-arrest/

Yes. She really put herself out and kept at it! She deserves it!

New article

Morgan Harrington’s dad to killer Jesse Matthew: ‘We struggle to proceed in a world devoid of joy’

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/02/harrington-family-jesse-matthew-statement/

Full statement read before the court is at link.

My heart breaks for the parents and family. I lost my son last July and I know exactly what they mean. Anything that was once joyful is clouded with a dark veil and each day is a struggle not to have a meltdown and close the world off. You put on a mask and act brave, but inside, you are slowly dying.

Again, my heart breaks!

My heart breaks for the parents and family. I lost my son last July and I know exactly what they mean. Anything that was once joyful is clouded with a dark veil and each day is a struggle not to have a meltdown and close the world off. You put on a mask and act brave, but inside, you are slowly dying.

Again, my heart breaks!

I understand. I lost a 20 yo brother. My parents will never be the same but the first year is the longest & darkest. (((Leader6518)))

I wasn’t sure what thread to post this on, but this one looks like it has the most recent postings. There is a new podcast Episode out about JLM on The Murder Squad. Looks like they are trying to crowd source other crimes he may have committed, especially between the college assault accusations and Morgan’s murder. Morgan’s mom is on there as well.

‎Jensen and Holes: The Murder Squad: Jesse Matthew, Serial Predator/Serial Killer on Apple Podcasts
Thanks so much for posting this. So it sounds like they said the next installment (when they discuss other cases possibly connected) will be next week- is that your understanding?

Thanks so much for posting this. So it sounds like they said the next installment (when they discuss other cases possibly connected) will be next week- is that your understanding?
It’s already out. I listened to it today. I think it came out yesterday?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back