Found Deceased GA - Jessica Earl, 31, Tallapoosa, 8 June 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
17012144_G.png

"The Haralson County Sheriff's Office is asking for the community's help in locating a missing woman who they consider to be in danger.

Jessica Victoria Earl, 31, hasn't been seen since leaving her home in Tallapoosa on June 8. Police say she may be traveling with Jeffrey Seth Odom and believe she is in extreme danger.

She's described as a white female, standing about 5'5" tall and weighing around 120 pounds.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, you're asked to contact the Haralson County Sheriff's Office at 770-646-2011."

Haralson County woman considered missing and endangered

Jeffery Seth Odom, 36, was taken into custody without incident after an anonymous caller said shortly after 1:15 a.m. he wanted to turn himself in. He was arrested on two bench warrants for failure to appear on felonies and a new charge of theft by receiving for a stolen vehicle.

Odom is a person of interest in the disappearance of 31-year-old Jessica Victoria Earl, who was last seen June 8 leaving a home on Little Circle near Tallapoosa after a dispute with him.

Key figure in case of missing Georgia woman surrenders, says snake bit him

Sgt. Dean with the Haralson County Sheriff’s Department told CrimeOnline that Odom is not currently charged with anything connected with Jessica’s disappearance, but the suspect had two felony warrants out for his arrest for failure to appear and car theft.

“We have been told by several people that she was attempting to get away from Mr. Odom,” Haralson County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Joel McSwain, explaining that the Jessica had reportedly dated the suspect previously.
Jessica’s mother, Sandra King, of Louisiana, indicated she was “absolutely positive” Odom knew Jessica’s whereabouts, according to FOX.
Odom and Jessica met around one month before she vanished. Jessica reportedly wanted to leave Odom after learning he was “armed and dangerous” and had an extensive criminal history.
Read more: MISSING: Former boyfriend of still-missing mother of two turns himself in, immediately asks for lawyer

Statement from the Haralson County Sheriff. (I hope this link works. I stepped away from WS after a particularly difficult couple of cases and I came back to a whole new WS. I'm trying to get the swing of things, but wow....)

Welcome back FlossyMay!

That link requires logging in to Facebook to view. Could you possibly copy and paste the Sheriff's statement for us (I can't access fb from where I am right now). Thanks!

Haralson County Sheriff's Office
2 hrs ·
*******STATEMENT FROM THE SHERIFF*******

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has shown us support in person, phone calls and on social media this past weekend. It is sad that this response even needs to be made, but because of the negative comments on social media, I feel like I have no choice. As of today, there will be no more updates posted on the missing person case of Jessica Victoria Earl. We have been more transparent in this case than any other, trying to keep everyone informed but instead of helping, it has just caused more drama and negativity that has become more of a hindrance and a distraction than it has helped.
I would like to address some of these negative comments, my investigators have worked tirelessly on this case for almost three weeks, working very long hours, day and night and several of them have not had an off day through this until this weekend. We are a small department and we cannot continue at that pace indefinitely, time off was needed so that we can start this investigation again this morning, rested, for our mental as well as physical health. To say that we do not care is wrong, we have worked very hard on this case and will continue to. As for saying the family could not search, I received several calls from property owners Saturday morning upset because they did not want people on their property, which is their right as owners. If permission was given, then it was fine but I was getting calls from ones where it was not okay. I tried to let the family know that they could be arrested if they trespassed and it was not well received.
My Deputies and Investigators will be continuing the search for Jessica, but because of the negativity out there we will not be posting it. Our social media is run by a couple of our investigators and it takes away time from them doing their jobs to write up these releases, so from this point on, they are going to concentrate on finding the missing woman and not updating the public. I have served this county as Sheriff for 14 years and served of this county as a law enforcement officer for many years before. I know that I cannot please everyone and I know there are always going to be those that don’t like me but the amount in inaccurate information and “opinions” posted by people who do not know the facts this weekend just astounded and disappointed me.
As always, I ask that you keep the family in your thoughts and prayers and keep us in your prayers too. We will continue to do our job to the best of our ability.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Eddie Mixon

I need to also add that when I was looking for this case, it didn't show up in search when I typed in Jessica Earl. I found it by typing in Jessica King. IDK why that happened (maybe my own incompetence), but I just thought I'd mention it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back