jessica files for divorce

shopper said:
IMO their marriage went downhill when Jessica's career really took off and she started losing weight and getting in shape for "Dukes of Hazzard". Before that, regardless of her being Suzy homemaker or dense or not, she seemed to really love Nick and want to be his wife above all else, regardless if she was "good" at it. Then she seemed to act as if she were too big for her britches, I think that fame and all the attention she got from getting in shape for the movie went straight to her head. All of a sudden she seemed to think she was a little better than Nick.

In fact, her whole family seems to have been effected by fame. Look at pictures of her mother recently...BOTOX!!!!! Her father is just creepy but all of a sudden he fancies himself a Hollywood hotshot, a force to be reckoned with. I don't care for any of the Simpson's now, I don't necessarily dislike them but their attitude sucks. IMO.

I hope Nick finds a nice woman who will appreciate him because he seems like a nice guy. I don't know if he cheated on her but if he did, he shouldn't have. However, who knows what the h*ll he had to put up with from Miss Hottie and her creepy, pushy father.

JMO
her father is a strange cookie...

Rachael said:
LOL.. I have always thought she looks really CrAzY when she sings. I am glad someone else noticed. I think Nick is adorable. She is pretty but too ditzy. I hope he finds someone else. I feel the break-up is more her fault. I also think her father is WAYYYYY to involved in her life. I read somewhere that he was miserable during Nick & Jessica's wedding. Weird.

It has always annoyed me to no end to watch Jessica sing, just like Mariah Carey. They have to draaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww everytheeeeeeeeennggggg oouuuuuuuuuuttttttt, their voices up and down the scale, increasing in pitch at inappropriate times. I just want to scream "just sing the d@mn song like it's supposed to be".

:banghead:

shopper said:
It has always annoyed me to no end to watch Jessica sing, just like Mariah Carey. They have to draaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww everytheeeeeeeeennggggg oouuuuuuuuuuttttttt, their voices up and down the scale, increasing in pitch at inappropriate times. I just want to scream "just sing the d@mn song like it's supposed to be".

:banghead:

I can't stand the way Mariah Carey sings either. Haha.. :bang: :woohoo: I am glad someone else agrees. They look like they are just trying way too hard.

Rachael said:
I can't stand the way Mariah Carey sings either. Haha.. :bang: :woohoo: I am glad someone else agrees. They look like they are just trying way too hard.
I agree about Mariah. But my hubby thinks she's special. :razz:

I've always liked Whitneys voice to bad her personal life got in the way of her career she was awesome at one point. As far as Celine Dion I can't stand her I am sorry lol... She annoys the chit out of me I can't explain what it is I think she is an over actor or too hyper or something drama queen comes to mind. Her voice is ok , not my type of music though and she is another one who makes these horrifying faces when she sings. Mariah Carey is an awesome singer alot of comments made on her clothing ( or the lack there of ) .. I think the way she dresses kind of goes with the territory except that Mariah is old now so it makes it look a little ridiculous. :twocents:

joanofarc said:
I equate a bona fide singer as one who makes me shiver when I hear them sing....Celine Dion is one who does that for me....Whitney Houston is another one...too bad she is so messed up because boy oh boy that girl can sing!! :dance:

Mygirlsadie said:
I've always liked Whitneys voice to bad her personal life got in the way of her career she was awesome at one point. As far as Celine Dion I can't stand her I am sorry lol... She annoys the chit out of me I can't explain what it is I think she is an over actor or too hyper or something drama queen comes to mind. Her voice is ok , not my type of music though and she is another one who makes these horrifying faces when she sings. Mariah Carey is an awesome singer alot of comments made on her clothing ( or the lack there of ) .. I think the way she dresses kind of goes with the territory except that Mariah is old now so it makes it look a little ridiculous. :twocents:
i dont like celine either......

Amraann said:
I would think with her kind of schedule it would have been a given to hire someone to cook and clean.

Why it would be expected of Jessica is beyond me.
I don't think Nick expected her to "cook and clean" all of the time. BUT...I think it's just common courtesy to pick your clothes up off of the floor and get them to the hamper and at least keep things neat even if you have billions of dollars - that's no excuse for sloppiness. And I'm sure he didn't expect her to cook 3 meals a day for him, but once in awhile it would be nice, and I'm sure he wouldn't have objected to cooking for her. You saw him out there doing yard work and laundry...I don't think he was expecting too much of her.

Both my hubby and I work full time jobs and I'm in school full time, we cook for EACH OTHER when time permits. It's called a partnership.

Hbgchick said:
I don't think Nick expected her to "cook and clean" all of the time. BUT...I think it's just common courtesy to pick your clothes up off of the floor and get them to the hamper and at least keep things neat even if you have billions of dollars - that's no excuse for sloppiness. And I'm sure he didn't expect her to cook 3 meals a day for him, but once in awhile it would be nice, and I'm sure he wouldn't have objected to cooking for her. You saw him out there doing yard work and laundry...I don't think he was expecting too much of her.

Both my hubby and I work full time jobs and I'm in school full time, we cook for EACH OTHER when time permits. It's called a partnership.
I think the show was editted with a "Lucy" spin~Jessica the ditz (but primary breadwinner), and Nick, the perplexed house husband. :twocents: I am sure the producers knew what kind of story line they wanted, and had Nick and Jessica play up certain parts. :twocents:

Take it for what it's worth but just read in the Globe that poor ole Jess was so down in the dumps due to her split from Nick that Daddy-o bought her a $275,000 lemon yellow Ferrari which she has always wanted. PUKE!

kato said:
Take it for what it's worth but just read in the Globe that poor ole Jess was so down in the dumps due to her split from Nick that Daddy-o bought her a $275,000 lemon yellow Ferrari which she has always wanted. PUKE!

Funny thing is - the guy wouldn't have a pot to piss in if it wasn't for his exploiting his daughters - so in essense, she bought the car herself. :loser: :loser:

I wonder why if she always wanted one why didnt she just go buy one herself? It's not like she don't have the money..On another note didnt her parents buy her a BMW or Mercedes for Christmas last year on one of the episodes?? Sheeesh and why can't these types donate more to charity or something since they have so much money just laying around???!!!

kato said:

Jules said:
Funny thing is - the guy wouldn't have a pot to piss in if it wasn't for his exploiting his daughters - so in essense, she bought the car herself. :loser: :loser:

Heck yeah that was her money. I guess since he manages her he wouldn't let her spend that much before so now he wants to console the poor baby.

What people don't and some will never realize money and things can't buy happiness.

Honestly he seems to have managed her career quite well. Much better then the Caulkin parents or Brooke Sheilds mother did. He probably works 100 hour weeks managing them so what ever money he earns is his not Jessicas.

tybee204 said:
Honestly he seems to have managed her career quite well. Much better then the Caulkin parents or Brooke Sheilds mother did. He probably works 100 hour weeks managing them so what ever money he earns is his not Jessicas.

I didn't say he didn't manage her career well. I'm saying that without her, he would have no career to manage and therefore no fortune to by her $275k cars. So, in essense, it is her money that paid for that car.

IMO, Daddy Simpson was TOO involved in his daughter's life...including her marriage. I was so sickened by his comment about her breasts and felt that was SO uncalled for and icky! I think he has done a good job managing her career but the MTV Newlywed reality show was probably a contributor to the demise of their relationship. I also believe her mom stated that she (mom) did and does everything for her daughters and that's why they act or are so helpless. I thought it was disrespectful (at the beginning of the series of the show) when Jessica would just drop her stuff wherever. It's not a matter of having enough money to pay for a housekeeper, cook or whatever...it's a matter of respect, common courtesy, etc., IMO.

IdahoMom said:
I think the show was editted with a "Lucy" spin~Jessica the ditz (but primary breadwinner), and Nick, the perplexed house husband. :twocents: I am sure the producers knew what kind of story line they wanted, and had Nick and Jessica play up certain parts. :twocents:
Totally agreed.

And I missed the whole "Daddy commenting on the breasts" part...what'd he say?

T'sNana said:
I thought it was disrespectful (at the beginning of the series of the show) when Jessica would just drop her stuff wherever. It's not a matter of having enough money to pay for a housekeeper, cook or whatever...it's a matter of respect, common courtesy, etc., IMO.
Thanks, that's what I was trying to say! :doh:

Hbgchick said:
Totally agreed.

And I missed the whole "Daddy commenting on the breasts" part...what'd he say?

He made the comment a while back. I forget the exact wording but something along the lines of he was proud of his daughter's big bust.

kato said:
He made the comment a while back. I forget the exact wording but something along the lines of he was proud of his daughter's big bust.
Niiiiiice. Eww.

Something along the lines of....she's sexy and you just can't cover those big suckers up. EWWWW

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back