JFK Assassination Solved?

He has until this October to release the files.

"Mr Trump must release the documents by the October deadline or make an appeal Reuters"

Oops, how time flies! Just don't want to admit I am getting older!! Thanks for correcting me.

Totally thought the date was much later. Guess I was thinking about Jackie Kennedy Onassis' papers.

It will be interesting to see what Trump does. The article says the FBI and CIA are reviewing the files. Hmm, so now more people know what is in the files.

So many of the original people involved are dead. With new eyes reading the long secretive files, I don't know what to make of it, good or bad.

Personally, I think Trump should have extended the date to open the files until Caroline Kennedy was dead. She does not need the drama that opening the files will create. Let her live the rest of her life in peace. She has suffered too much loss pubically.

Over 100 murders, suicides, mysterious deaths--the strange fate of those who saw Kennedy shot.

http://www.maebrussell.com/Disappearing Witnesses/Disappearing Witnesses.html
I was wondering if Penn Jones Jr was also murdered or met a mysterious death after writing that, so I google searched him. Seems he lived to a ripe old age (88), but I found this article that discredits Jones's research:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/death3.htm

Dave Perry is himself a JFK assassination researcher. Here's an article about his research:

He has challenged and derailed the wildest of JFK-assassination conspiracy theories — a “one-man truth squad,” some call him.

There was the West Texas man who claimed his father, a Dallas police officer, killed the president; the federal prisoner who confessed he shot JFK from the so-called grassy knoll; and the Louisiana woman who revealed she was assassin Lee Harvey Oswald’s lover in New Orleans and knew of the plot in advance.

Dave Perry has slapped them all down.

[...]

But perhaps the most titillating of the conspiracy stories, at least for Dallas residents, is the one published in The Dallas Morning News on Nov. 6, 1982, under the headline: “Dallas Woman Claims She Was LBJ’s Lover.”

[...]

Madeleine Duncan Brown told a packed news conference that for many years, before Johnson died in 1973, she had met LBJ in various places for love trysts. She said the affair lasted from 1949, the year Johnson became a senator, until the late 1960s.

Obviously enjoying the attention, Brown spun quite a tale that day about an alleged party held at the Preston Road home of the late multimillionaire Clint Murchison Sr. the night before Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas.
Read more at ... https://www.dallasnews.com/news/new...squad-still-debunking-jfk-conspiracy-theories

So many experts on the subject. Just don't know who to believe. :confused:

Try reading "Case Closed", by Gerald Posner. It examines many of the myths which sprang up around the assassination and lays most of them to rest. And- watch 11/22/63, a miniseries based on Stephen King's 2012 novel. It premieres on Hulu on February 15.

Read both books. After years of being on the conspiracy theory train,,I finally visited the infamous grassy knoll in the mid 90's. I knew then there was no shooter on the knoll because everyone would have seen him. That did not preclude a conspiracy, of course. However, after reading Posner's book, I finally had to concede that Oswald acted alone.

"11/22/63" is, of course fiction, but I thought it was a really good book.

Yeah, it didn't sound like this documentary answered the question of Ruby's role in this. Most people, me included up to this point, believe he was the evidence it was a mob hit. If it was, in fact, Cuba, then why did Ruby do it? A good question nana!

Oswald was scheduled to be moved at 11:00 AM that Sunday. Ruby was at the Western Union office wiring money to one of his dancers at 11:00 A.M. Oswald wanted to change his shirt before the move and because they let him, the actual time that he was brought out was 11:10, not 11:00.

Had Oswald not insisted on changing his shirt, Ruby would not have been in the Police station when he came out. Pretty bad planning for the mob.

Read both books. After years of being on the conspiracy theory train,,I finally visited the infamous grassy knoll in the mid 90's. I knew then there was no shooter on the knoll because everyone would have seen him. That did not preclude a conspiracy, of course. However, after reading Posner's book, I finally had to concede that Oswald acted alone.

"11/22/63" is, of course fiction, but I thought it was a really good book.

It must have been an interesting trip and useful in analysing how the tragedy happened.

I wonder if President Trump will release this new information or if he will be under pressure not to do so.

I too had my mind changed by actually visiting Dealy Plaza and seeing how small the area actually is. After that, I believed that Oswald did it alone - and that was before there were some of the more modern tests done of the acoustics, etc.

Oswald was a former Marine. He would have known how to shoot a rifle. I am pretty sure that I remember reading that when they looked up his qualifying records he had been a pretty good shot while in the service. And again, the distance was so unbelievably close.

Thinking about the situation that allowed Oswald to be at that window is what really bothers me. How lax was the Secret Service to allow people to be at the open windows of a tall building right along the published motorcade route?

And from some of the hair-brained stunts that have taken place since then, I don't know how much they have improved. The White House being shot at and it wasn't even discovered for over a week because the Secret Service thought it was a truck backfiring. And then there was the guy who got into the White House through the front door and ran deep into the building through several rooms before they got him. The last one I recall was that a guy came over the fence and was on the ground for 15 minutes before they caught him. If I were the President I think I'd be a bit nervous!

I too had my mind changed by actually visiting Dealy Plaza and seeing how small the area actually is. After that, I believed that Oswald did it alone - and that was before there were some of the more modern tests done of the acoustics, etc.

Oswald was a former Marine. He would have known how to shoot a rifle. I am pretty sure that I remember reading that when they looked up his qualifying records he had been a pretty good shot while in the service. And again, the distance was so unbelievably close.

Thinking about the situation that allowed Oswald to be at that window is what really bothers me. How lax was the Secret Service to allow people to be at the open windows of a tall building right along the published motorcade route?

And from some of the hair-brained stunts that have taken place since then, I don't know how much they have improved. The White House being shot at and it wasn't even discovered for over a week because the Secret Service thought it was a truck backfiring. And then there was the guy who got into the White House through the front door and ran deep into the building through several rooms before they got him. The last one I recall was that a guy came over the fence and was on the ground for 15 minutes before they caught him. If I were the President I think I'd be a bit nervous!

I think the Secret Service has gotten considerably more strict overall, in spite of the recent situations. I doubt very strongly we will ever again see a President traveling in a convertible through a busy section of town on a work day. Considering the political mood in TX at the time, it was a particularly bad decision. However, at that time, it had been 62 years since a President was assassinated, although there were attempts against several in the interim. The open car is just one of the many " what if's" from that tragic day.

Yes, I have no doubt Oswald was a good enough shot, since he clearly hit him and the science of why it appears in the Zapruder film that Kennedy was shot from both the back and the front has been well explained numerous times, by numerous entities.

People always want a conspiracy to help explain inexplicable events. It is difficult to accept that such a nothing little man as Oswald could, quite literally, change the course of history. I didn't want to believe it myself and I clung to the conspiracy idea as long as I could.

Sad truth is that just like Sirhan Sirhan, five years later, a nothing little man did change the course of history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back