JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I see this as a distinct possibility. I wonder if someone was grooming JM? Has it been confirmed that he is related to the "Cville Rapist"?
Also, I remember in one of these articles that the perp in this case (JM) said something along the lines of "I am just waiting for a friend"
JMO
Is this a "thing"? SKs grooming others? I just don't know enough about SKs. I've read a little here and there, but I am certainly not an expert!
If this is a possibility, I could see it applying here.

Is this a "thing"? SKs grooming others? I just don't know enough about SKs. I've read a little here and there, but I am certainly not an expert!
If this is a possibility, I could see it applying here.

In my opinion, based on what I have read, I think it's highly unlikely JM was groomed by anyone to be a SK or that he was working with anyone during the commission of his evil deeds. I feel he was born with a propensity toward this behavior and something in his environment brought that aspect of his being into full force. I'm not saying it doesn't happen or couldn't happen, but either situation would be a rare occurrence. Again, jmo.

Also, I remember in one of these articles that the perp in this case (JM) said something along the lines of "I am just waiting for a friend"
JMO

snipped for focus.

I remember reading that as well... somewhere! :) But it's the ONLY place I read that there were any words exchanged at all between JM and the woman. The other reports make it sound like it was a "grab from behind and attack" type thing. I wonder about the validity of the article if it's the only place this is mentioned (?) Seems to me like this would have been reported by other news outlets, but it would be very interesting to know what was said between them if they did in fact have some type of verbal interaction ahead of the attack. If anyone knows where that link is and can post it, that would be great... tia.

snipped for focus.

I remember reading that as well... somewhere! :) But it's the ONLY place I read that there were any words exchanged at all between JM and the woman. The other reports make it sound like it was a "grab from behind and attack" type thing. I wonder about the validity of the article if it's the only place this is mentioned (?) Seems to me like this would have been reported by other news outlets, but it would be very interesting to know what was said between them if they did in fact have some type of verbal interaction ahead of the attack. If anyone knows where that link is and can post it, that would be great... tia.

I am on the hunt for that article now. It just seems a little specific to me to be misreported or falsely reported etc..

You are probably remembering this article from Inside C-ville by Coy Barefoot: http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

Quote: "Molly recalls that she and a girlfriend sat at a table near the bar. “My friend had on cowboy boots, and they hurt her feet so she took her boots off. [LJ Matthew] walked over to her, took her socks off, and said “Let me look at your toes.” Molly says they didn’t know how to react to him, as he continued to be inappropriate.

“Then he came over to me and tried to touch my legs,” Molly says. “I told him no. He said, ‘I just want to see your feet, like her.’ I told him no. Don’t touch me, do not touch me. One time he reached above my knee, and the next time below my knee. I finally told him, don’t f---ing touch me.”

Still concerned by LJ’s unwelcome behavior, and in a second attempt that night to leave him behind, Molly says she gathered up her friends, including Johnson, and they all left LJ there at Tempo to walk down the Mall to the Escafé restaurant on nearby Water Street. She remembers seeing LJ outside as they left, standing around a group of people near the front door. I ask if at some point he followed them. Did he show up at Escafé?

No, she says."

snipped for focus.

Here's that link.
http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VCo2zfmSw0S

"A 26-year-old woman was walking along Jermantown Road, carrying two full Giant grocery bags to her townhouse at around 10 one night in September 2005. She didn't get far before she sensed someone behind her.

The strange man said he was waiting for a friend, but something about him made her feel uneasy, said Det. Mike Boone, a Fairfax City Police Department violent crimes investigator who worked on the case."

Here's that link.
http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VCo2zfmSw0S

"A 26-year-old woman was walking along Jermantown Road, carrying two full Giant grocery bags to her townhouse at around 10 one night in September 2005. She didn't get far before she sensed someone behind her.

The strange man said he was waiting for a friend, but something about him made her feel uneasy, said Det. Mike Boone, a Fairfax City Police Department violent crimes investigator who worked on the case."

Thanks for this link! I have read that he spoke to her prior to the assault. One thing that seems odd to me is that JM is profiled as being a "helper" swooning into aid MH and HG who both seemed stranded. I would think that if that is part of his MO he would've offered to help her carry her groceries or offer her a ride? Maybe it is because he was just getting "started" in Fairfax. With Hannah and Morgan, they were obviously alone and obviously impaired. Not so with Fairfax victim. All is possible but this is a bit out of character IMO.

Thanks for this link! I have read that he spoke to her prior to the assault. One thing that seems odd to me is that JM is profiled as being a "helper" swooning into aid MH and HG who both seemed stranded. I would think that if that is part of his MO he would've offered to help her carry her groceries or offer her a ride? Maybe it is because he was just getting "started" in Fairfax. With Hannah and Morgan, they were obviously alone and obviously impaired. Not so with Fairfax victim. All is possible but this is a bit out of character IMO.

I think her "impairment" was the two bags of groceries. She needed to be carrying them to be impaired.

Here's that link.

Also from the link:

"...he tried to strangle and rape her."

I found this assault to have a whole different MO from the other two. That the DNA so matches leaves little doubt, IMO, that he did this. This is the strongest of the 3 cases, I think, unless LE is keeping a lot under wraps. I wonder if the charges for Hannah's case will be changed.

Concerning the gag order in theory you prevent pretrial publicity which could influence potential jurors causing unfair bias but also the prosecutor (who is elected) is prevented from using the press to try the case by which he/she hopes to generate a favorable reputation for themself with the public.

Concerning the gag order in theory you prevent pretrial publicity which could influence potential jurors causing unfair bias but also the prosecutor (who is elected) is prevented from using the press to try the case by which he/she hopes to generate a favorable reputation for themself with the public.

I think Han has it. The article linked below states "The filing notes how prosecutors called the victim "a saint" following the last hearing. It also refers to media reports about the specific timing of Matthew's transportation between Fairfax and Charlottesville." (BBM)

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Jesse-Matthew-Attorneys-Request-Gag-Order-285660681.html

Still, it looks like grasping at straws. Of all the cases against JLM, the Fairfax one is the most airtight. The article says defense notes that DNA is the ONLY evidence linking JLM to the victim, but has he forgotten about eyewitness testimony from the victim?

What a waste of taxpayers' money.

Why a gag order, do you think?

To ensure a fair trial I would think.My rapist was issued with one last year, he was never convicted but it was HE who was given it to his ''she's a liar, a *advertiser censored* ,''etc etc... but i'd stick with for a fair trial.

(((Sinead)))) Very sorry that justice was not served. It is all too common. The way they attack the victim in court is unbelievable. I dropped the charges; I was hurt enough and didn't think I could survive more battering.

I think Han has it. The article linked below states "The filing notes how prosecutors called the victim "a saint" following the last hearing. It also refers to media reports about the specific timing of Matthew's transportation between Fairfax and Charlottesville." (BBM)

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...285660681.html

Maybe the defense attorney doesn't want to deal with statements by the prosecution or witnesses or being asked to make his own statements about the trial. Maybe he thinks it will keep things simpler.

#FairfaxCounty prosecutors side w/ #JesseMatthew defense and ask judge to deny request for camera in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong