JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps if LE has determined there is a connection between Hannah's case and Morgan's, they may be giving the Harringtons some personal time to process it...and/or LE may be anticipating a great deal of public outrage once this information is revealed -- all speculation and conjecture on my point, of course.

AVIXEN, I think the person preys on vulnerable young women walking alone at night. I also believe that the rapist/murderer changed his MO after the Fairfax rape and now lures his victims into his automobile, takes them somewhere desolate under a ruse and attacks them outside of his vehicle. One of the last sightings of MH was on the Copely bridge hitchhiking. Hannah had to have gotten into somebody's car and right now that somebody appears to be JM. No way he could have sexually assaulted Hanna in his orange car...too small. I think he took her to a remote area. JMO.

Where there's a will, there's a way. I had a girlfriend back in high school with a Volkswagen Beetle, and we were able to come up with remarkable ways to achieve "quality time" within the confines of said Volkswagen Beetle. It helps, of course, to have a willing participant. I'm just saying it's certainly possible.

pics of JM with original sketch of 'sketch' in the middle.
http://s25.postimg.org/q4cczco9b/image.jpg
It's the brow that seems most similar to me -- the way his eyebrows arch over his eyes, peak about 3/4 of the way out, then dip down.

Also meant to add that given the description of the Fairfax victim in the article linked above, she doesn't sound like she would look anything like Morgan. We know that the two crimes are linked by DNA evidence, but as for the victims, perhaps the only connection is that they are young and in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

...One of the last sightings of MH was on the Copely bridge hitchhiking. ...

I am posting a few links of pics of JM thru the years because I need to close out some tabs I had open this morning.

pics of JM with original sketch of 'sketch' in the middle.
http://s25.postimg.org/q4cczco9b/image.jpg

Pic of JM when he was a wrestler. (This one looks alot like 'sketch' to me, even though JM was in HS)
http://www.geocities.ws/jonnaspelbring/LJ.html

This guy is a chameleon!

Shortened for brevity and BBM

Yes, yes, yes. All of the above. I was one of the first people here I think who said I didn't think JM looked like Sketch. However.... once some people did the collages and I saw the comparisons and someone (forgot who, sorry!) posted a link to sketch artists' renderings beside various convicted perps, I'm seriously spooked here in this case. Seriously spooked.

I also am in awe of how different JM looks with/without a lot of weight, with/without dreads, even with different expressions, it seems he takes on completely different overall characteristics.

So... and forgive me if this has been asked: HAVE they taken his DNA?

So... and forgive me if this has been asked: HAVE they taken his DNA?

We do not know. Many on here have said they probably had his DNA from samples collected in his car/apartment and would most likely get a "straight from the source" sample directly form him once he is processed here in VA. But LE has not said anything to the public about his DNA as far as I have seen.

I wasn't sure of the legalities of obtaining his DNA directly from his person (if he doesn't volunteer), since he hasn't been convicted.

I wasn't sure of the legalities of obtaining his DNA directly from his person (if he doesn't volunteer), since he hasn't been convicted.

I believe all they need is a warrant to obtain a sample directly from him. One of the Lawyers on here would know for sure.

I believe all they need is a warrant to obtain a sample directly from him. One of the Lawyers on here would know for sure.
Virginia is one of the 29 states where DNA samples are obtained from individuals arrested on felony charges as a routine step in the booking process. I posted several links in one of the GD threads a few days ago. I'll link the post here if I can track it down.

ETA: From thread #15:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11013244

Thank you, Bessie! I was wondering about that. Now I'm really impatient for those results!

BBM some comments below. The 2005 victim was choked until she lost consciousness....passerby scared attacker away.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

"She told us she'd been coming back from Giant, had been walking along a back path along different apartments," says Jenkins, who then recalls perhaps the most chilling detail of all–- particularly in retrospect, since it may offer some hint of Morgan Harrington's fate.
"We both noticed marks around her neck," says Jenkins, who says the woman told them her assailant had choked her until she lost consciousness. "She thought she was going to die, then all of a sudden, she came to, and he wasn't there," says Jenkins, mentioning the passerby who scared the attacker away–- perhaps in the nick of time.

I have a feeling HG was choked to death.

Not that this is really important in the scheme of things but I wonder, if that woman who saw him in TX gets the reward money for the Hannah case (and she will, I hope!), and it turns out he also killed MH.. will she also get that money? If so that woman is a serious hero.

When did JM start growing the dreadlocks, and how does that relate (time wise) to the release of the sketch in the MH case?

Also, even if there is a DNA match to the MH case, if the DNA comes from MH's shirt, as I have heard, I would think LE has more work to do in order to tie JM to the crime scene before they could charge him in that case.

When did JM start growing the dreadlocks, and how does that relate (time wise) to the release of the sketch in the MH case?

Also, even if there is a DNA match to the MH case, if the DNA comes from MH's shirt, as I have heard, I would think LE has more work to do in order to tie JM to the crime scene before they could charge him in that case.

That is a great question, netsleuth. I wish we could find out when he began growing those dreds because it's been nagging at me too. The DNA is important and I think that is one reason Chief Longo is so desperate to find Hannah. I think he has resigned himself to the very real possibility that Hannah is not longer with us in this earthly realm. He also knows the longer she is out there somewhere, the less likely it will be to find any DNA on her remains. :( (IIRC it's been raining in Charlottesville this past week. Not Good in regards to finding DNA evidence)

That is a great question, netsleuth. I wish we could find out when he began growing those dreds because it's been nagging at me too. The DNA is important and I think that is one reason Chief Longo is so desperate to find Hannah. I think he has resigned himself to the very real possibility that Hannah is not longer with us in this earthly realm. He also knows the longer she is out there somewhere, the less likely it will be to find any DNA on her remains. :( (IIRC it's been raining in Charlottesville this past week. Not Good in regards to finding DNA evidence)

But possibly good in finding her remains. Humidity enhances the sense of smell.

RE: Sketch of rape suspect tied to MH's abduction/murder; http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

It would astonish me that there have been no tips to LE as to JM's resemblance to the sketch over the past 5 years since MH's abduction/murder, especially since JM was driving a taxi cab during the time that MH was abducted/murdered. Imo, investigators may have dropped the proverbial ball In the Morgan Harrington murder investigation in the name of politically correctness.

If JM is eventually tied to MH and other abduction/murder victims, this will have very tragic implications; Hannah Graham's abduction and likely murder may have been prevented... jmo

http://abcnews.go.com/US/morgan-harringtons-killer-knew-obstacles-farm-area/story?id=9749253

2010 article - Cops Say Whoever Killed Morgan Harrington Knew Tricky Farm Area

Whoever killed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington and left her body on a remote farm knew the tricky "obstacles" to get to the location, Virginia police said today.

Virginia State Police Lt. Joe Rader asked at a press conference today for people who live in the area to alert investigators to whoever was familiar with the roads and terrain there.

Rader said investigators believe the person or persons responsibile for Harrington's murder was familiar with the area on Anchorage Farm where the 20-year-old's body was found.

"People in the Anchorage Farm area, you know what goes on there, you know the history," said Rader. "You know who comes in and out of the vicinity and you might not realize it but you probably have some information for us that you don't even think is important."

"We encourage you, pick up the phone and call us," said Rader, also offering a special phone line, 434-709-1685 , that has been set up for tips.
Anchorage Farm is in Albemarle County about 10 miles south of where Harrington was last seen at a Metallica concert. Her body was discovered by the owner of the farm on Oct. 17. Harrington's death was ruled a homicide on Wednesday, but her cause of death has not yet been determined.

Rader went on to list several points of interest about the location and the significance of the location that he said he was offering in hopes of getting a response from the community.

Among the items in Rader's list was information about the "obstacles" that a person unfamiliar with the farm would have faced trying to get to the stop where Harrington was found.

"The choice of that particular location is quite different than if the person responsible had chosen the public highway or the shoulder," said Rader. "This particular location would have been a high risk location unless you're familiar with the area."

"People living in that area, this will mean something to you," Rader said cryptically.

Does anyone know what he means about it being a "high risk location"?

I totally believe all these cases are connected, especial MH to Jesse. I'm wondering how long it takes to get DNA results, and if there is a match can they use that as a bargaining tool to find Hannah? Maybe just maybe this has gotten a predator off the streets, and wouldn't that be a relief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam