JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

Thank you - thought it might have been a bit of a stretch. I'm juggling ten so far IMO; don't need to go looking for more.

Well.... JLM didn't always obey traffic laws. :facepalm:

NELSON COUNTY, Va. — The man who abducted and murdered a Virginia teen was formally sentenced in a Nelson County courtroom Wednesday afternoon.

Circuit Judge J. Michael Gamble sentenced Randy Allen Taylor, 48, to two consecutive life sentences for first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile in connection with the disappearance of missing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

Additionally, Taylor’s lawyer stated in his client maintains his innocence, but knows where Murphy’s body is located.

Taylor’s attorney said that his client claimed a third person was involved and that Taylor would reveal the body’s location in exchange for 20 year sentence.

However, the judge, along with Murphy’s family, rejected that offer. http://wtvr.com/2014/07/23/randy-taylor-sentence/
WOW!

“I didn’t kill Alexis Murphy,” Taylor told the courtroom.

Taylor called the prosecution “over zealous” and that he “didn’t profile black girls.” He also said that this case was perhaps “the biggest thing to ever happen to Nelson County.”

Taylor’s lawyer said he would appeal the sentence. He faced anywhere from 40 years in prison to a life prison sentence.

Wonder what would be his reason for not coming forth with this third person before? He went through the trial and didn't think revealing a third person would get him off of a murder charge?

Wonder what would be his reason for not coming forth with this third person before? He went through the trial and didn't think revealing a third person would get him off of a murder charge?

This was known before we ever heard the name Hannah Graham, so it's not something that just came about now. Old stuff. :)

Additionally, Taylor’s lawyer stated in his client maintains his innocence, but knows where Murphy’s body is located.

Taylor’s attorney said that his client claimed a third person was involved and that Taylor would reveal the body’s location in exchange for 20 year sentence.

. . . .

“I didn’t kill Alexis Murphy,” Taylor told the courtroom.

Taylor called the prosecution “over zealous” and that he “didn’t profile black girls.” He also said that this case was perhaps “the biggest thing to ever happen to Nelson County

This guy makes me absolutely sick. I don't believe a word he says.

I'm on the side of LE on this one. I don't see any connection to JM that isn't based on RAT's word, and he's...well, a rat.

Excellent catch! Sloppy journalism? This contradicts express statements by LE....

Have LE stated that DNA is the link? CNN has said that it is DNA citing "a law enforcement source told CNN". Every MSM report that have seen stating the same cites CNN as their source.

Not doubting you - I just haven't been able to find any source for the information besides CNN and I question anytime a "CNN Exclusive" is the sole source.

About #55:

http://flipthefield.com/football-basics/meaning-football-jersey-numbers/

Meaning of Football Jersey Numbers by Position:

1-9 Quarter Backs / Kickers / Punters
10-19 Quarter Backs / Wide Receivers /Kickers / Punters
20-29 Running Backs /Corner Backs / Safeties
30-39 Running Backs / Corner Backs / Safeties
40-49 Running Backs / Tight Ends / Corner Backs / Safeties
50-59 Offensive Linemen /Defensive Linemen / Line Backer
60-69 Offensive Linemen / Defensive Linemen
70-79 Offensive Linemen / Defensive Linemen
80-89 Wide Receiver / Tight End
90-99 Defensive Linemen / Line Backer

These numbers indicate the primary position of the player if he plays more than one.

These ranges are required in the NFL (professional) but are only requested in the NCAA (college).

Junior Seau wore #55 when he played football at USC; he also wore #55 for the San Diego Chargers, the Miami Dolphins, and the New England Patriots.

RIP Junior.

Excellent catch! Sloppy journalism? This contradicts express statements by LE....

I wonder if that statement was because JM hasn't actually been named a suspect in either (yet). LE has only stated there is a forensic link.

Have LE stated that DNA is the link? CNN has said that it is DNA citing "a law enforcement source told CNN". Every MSM report that have seen stating the same cites CNN as their source.

The Washington Post also claims they were told by an unnamed LE source that the "forensic evidence" involved was DNA. There's been no denial of this by LE, to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately I don't think we'll know the truth until the trial.

The Washington Post also claims they were told by an unnamed LE source that the "forensic evidence" involved was DNA. There's been no denial of this by LE, to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately I don't think we'll know the truth until the trial.

Thanks. I guess if two of them are saying it I will go with (at least for now). I kind of have a chip on my shoulder about what I perceive to be a lack of integrity in news reporting lately.

Thanks. I guess if two of them are saying it I will go with (at least for now). I kind of have a chip on my shoulder about what I perceive to be a lack of integrity in news reporting lately.

Unfortunately, the declining standards of reporting have been a major source of ire here at WS in the 6 years I've been here....you'll find 5 different accounts in 5 different news articles most of the time. It is a real shame.

Does anyone know when we can expect the DNA results to come back from the AM comparison? I would expect it to be fast, since it's not a search for DNA, but a comparison of 2 existing samples...

Does anyone know when we can expect the DNA results to come back from the AM comparison? I would expect it to be fast, since it's not a search for DNA, but a comparison of 2 existing samples...

I believe they are going to compare JM's DNA to multiple unidentified samples found in AM's car. It doesn't sound like anyone in LE believes there is a connection so they may not prioritize it highly.

I believe they are going to compare JM's DNA to multiple unidentified samples found in AM's car. It doesn't sound like anyone in LE believes there is a connection so they may not prioritize it highly.

Okay. Thanks. For some reason, I think there could be a connection...but.won't be shocked if there isnt one.

I am saddened that another week has come to a close with Hannah still out there...

This guy makes me absolutely sick. I don't believe a word he says.

I'm on the side of LE on this one. I don't see any connection to JM that isn't based on RAT's word, and he's...well, a rat.

Things have been surfacing that could be connection...LJ frequented that Mcdonalds at Liberty Gas station, and there is talk of an "LJ" on her *******...along with comments on ******* that sound like LJ. But alas, we are not.to discuss AM case here, so I think that's all we shall exchange here! :)

This was known before we ever heard the name Hannah Graham, so it's not something that just came about now. Old stuff. :)

Oh, okay--thanks! He's just looking to randomly pull everyone and anyone in to his case as the opportunity presents itself?

I am interested in a presser. I am hoping Monday brings some answers...

Has anyone heard much on Cassandra Morton? I have seen it floating around the internet that LE is investigating JMs possible involvement there...sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it!

Oh, okay--thanks! He's just looking to randomly pull everyone and anyone in to his case as the opportunity presents itself?

Well, not really. He had always said that a black male with "cornrows" was the one responsible, but they already know who that guy is, and dismissed that notion. So, I guess you're kinda right in that regard. Maybe RATs lawyer is hoping JM was somehow associated with AM so they could pin the murder on him. I really don't think JM was involved in AM's murder but there are a lot of members here who know the case way better than I do, and a lot of them probably disagree with me. There is a thread for this topic where it is discussed in more detail (and where we probably are supposed to be discussing it, so I'll end it here) :)

University of Virginia reports 47 cases of rape, sexual assault or forcible fondling on or near the university during 2013:

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2014/10/upd-crime-statistics

No information is provided concerning arrests or prosecutions. Amazingly enough, such information isn't required by the Federal program that collects these statistics!

There's a widespread perception that universities aren't terribly eager to prosecute on-campus sexual assaults. Whether this is accurate or not, the perception certainly exists, and it amounts to an open invitation to sexual predators. Recently, it seems, JM has been looking at the end of his ability to drive lawfully... and if he really was a serial offender, he would presumably see a need to develop a new MO that didn't require a car. if the allegations about him are true, one has to wonder whether there is a sinister side to his taking a job at the University hospital... I don't mean taking advantage of helpless patients, which would be pretty tough to do given the fairly widespread surveillance which I presume exists within the hospital. But, were an offender to work the swing shift, he'd get off work at just the right time to take advantage of lost, inebriated women wandering around the university grounds... which are notoriously confusing to newcomers. I haven't seen any information about which shift he worked, but one has to wonder whether he was involved in any of the reported offenses. I'm glad he's behind bars, but so long as the perception of lax enforcement exists, sexual predators will be attracted to university campuses. We must do better.

I'm a Charlottesville resident, BTW. If anyone has questions regarding local geography, etc., I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back