JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...arlottesville-missing-girls-va-278708901.html

With all the red flags and how many times this guy got the benefit of the doubt before and was not viewed as a suspect, it's just baffling so many defend him, or obviously don't want it to be him.

How many times were charges dropped and women didn't go through with it (or were encouraged to let it go).

How does one look at this evidence and think this isn't the guy?

'

I've always said I think a lot of not-so-bright sorts get help and maybe even inspiration from all the crime related tv shows. While I'm certainly not for censorship, you can't deny that in this day and age you don't need brain cells to pull off "the perfect crime": you just need to own a television.

Yes this! And not just drama it's also the news. All the school shootings that happened in recent years for example. People that are already psychotic don't need ideas.

I think that why the police have to keep a lot of this quiet. If they go around saying "well we found the DNA because he did this" well the next guy will make sure he doesn't do that.

I have no answers.

There has been talk of JM going back to Tempo and ordering two beers - most presume that Hannah had to have been given one of those beers. What if both were for him - "liquid courage?"
No clue how much he'd had to drink that night, although based on his size, if he didn't have a fair amount of alcohol in him already, two beers would have had little effect...

Sometimes people with mental issues can go from 0 to a hundred with very little alcohol though. I used to know someone- a large guy- that sometimes would be totally chill and sedate after six beers, but might go completely manic raging and breaking things after drinking only half a beer. A psychiatrist could explain it better - but it's like alcohol can trigger a weird reaction in their brain.

Yes this! And not just drama it's also the news. All the school shootings that happened in recent years for example. People that are already psychotic don't need ideas.

I think that why the police have to keep a lot of this quiet. If they go around saying "well we found the DNA because he did this" well the next guy will make sure he doesn't do that.

I have no answers.

It's so depressing.

And I'm sure you can probably look up anything on the internet. Sure, they can find it if you run a search on your current computer, but who keeps a computer for five or ten years. And of course everyone knows you can just go to a public library and use a computer namelessly for free.

Was curious...does anyone remember reading an article in which JM grandmother was interviewed and she said, "He had a live-in girlfriend, I dont know what happened to her." I found it on georgianewsday.com. IMO, finding and questioning a girlfriend who lived with him could produce some helpful information into JM background, thinking, places he liked to go, etc. Also, would be interesting to see how well he handled a romantic relationship. Just a thought...LE may have already questioned her or I may have gotten some misinformation.

Is she missing as well?

Given the charges and the mounting evidence against JLM thats a possibility that needs to be considered.

He could have told everyone she moved out of state.

I would also think that ambitious reporters would be exhausting themselves trying to find out who she is and to contact her in case she can lend some insight into this case as someone intimately close to JLM.

Why havent they found her yet?

Is she missing as well?

Given the charges and the mounting evidence against JLM thats a possibility that needs to be considered.

I would also think that ambitious reporters would be exhausting themselves trying to find out who she is and to contact her in case she can lend some insight into this case as someone intimately close to JLM.

Dont' know if she is necessarily "missing" or just not in the picture anymore. One would think if JM had a live-in girlfriend at any point in time, LE/media would absolutely want to question that individual. Obviously there is so much the public is unaware of....very well LE could have spoken to past girlfrends already. Still wondering what the roommates had to say about JM and his whereabouts, demeanor, etc. after the night/early morning HG went missing.

I have no answers.

People that are already pyschotic are going to cause murder, mayhem and bloodshed regardless of what "ideas" they are given IMO

This is the same fallacious argument used against guns. 911 and the Boston Marathon should have proven to all U.S citizens that, absent guns, those intent on destruction will find another way, whether its a home made bomb built with a pressure cooker, a box cutter or a 747.The end results are still the same.

Im guessing that JLM didnt use a weapon, other than his hands. And he didnt need an idea that night either.

He saw an opportunity and he took it IMO.

Is she missing as well?

There was info released about girlfriend. Not much. She had broken up with him recently. LE has stated that they have spoken with roommates and friends, and that they were cooperating. But they've not given any info about what was said or named anyone, which is appropriate. I assume the girlfriend was interviewed and we can certainly guarantee that is she were missing, there would be news of it.

Though LE has spoken to a lot of people who knew JM, it's pretty clear from their intense pleas for everyone, anyone who might have ever known of him to please come forward, that they are still missing critical info that they desperately want.. My guess is that they aren't anywhere close to find Hannah and the clock is ticking on that search.

Do we know what kind of jobs Jesse had in high school and college?

Where did he get his spending money?

Did he ever get paid by people in town to clear brush? Rip up poison ivy? Do simple farm chores?

Police Questioned Jesse Matthew After Morgan Harrington's Disappearance in 2009

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...arlottesville-missing-girls-va-278708901.html

Quote:

Matthew had worked as a cab driver in the Charlottesville area the night Harrington vanished, according to NBC29's Henry Graff. Two weeks ago, as the search for Graham intensified to areas outside Charlottesville, police found Matthew's abandoned cab on a farm.

Following Harrington's disappearance in 2009, police had interviewed dozens of cab drivers, including Matthew. It's not clear which police department may have spoken with Matthew that year, but Virginia State Police said their officers did not interview him.

A cab driver said a Charlottesville detective told him Harrington had gotten into a taxi the night she vanished, according to NBC29.

"[They] said yes, she did jump into a taxi cab her last time being seen alive," Melvin Carter, Jr. with Carter's Taxi told NBC29.

Since Matthew's cab was discovered, Charlottesville police have interviewed about 20 taxi drivers who were also working the night of Harrington's disappearance, asking them if they remember seeing her or noticing a change in Matthew's behavior, NBC29 is reporting.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/09/exclusiv...taxi-driver-night-morgan-harrington-vanished/

Quote:

Those close to Matthew in 2009 when Harrington disappeared, told CBS 6 News that they informed investigators that they would joke with their former co-worker that he resembled a sketch of the man linked to a 2005 rape in Fairfax — and the man linked to Harrington. They said Matthew would at times brush it off. But at other times, they said Matthew would get visibly upset and disappear for hours.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/09/exclusiv...taxi-driver-night-morgan-harrington-vanished/

Quote:

Those close to Matthew in 2009 when Harrington disappeared, told CBS 6 News that they informed investigators that they would joke with their former co-worker that he resembled a sketch of the man linked to a 2005 rape in Fairfax — and the man linked to Harrington. They said Matthew would at times brush it off. But at other times, they said Matthew would get visibly upset and disappear for hours.

That's one of those things that looks creepy in retrospect- clearly no one thought it was very concerning at the time.

I've never killed anyone obviously, but if my friends kept repeatedly joking that I looked like a rapist serial killer, I'd getting pretty flipping p*ssed too. Actually if someone repeatedly joked that I looked like a rapist I wouldn't just disappear for hours- I'd disappear ie drop out of their *life*.

IMO that's really not a funny thing to joke about and really speaks to the character of these so-called friends. No wonder they're saying he's a wonderful gentle giant -- they think it's funny to repeatedly joke that someone looks like a rapist.

I'd like to add-- I wonder if some of the people that thought it was funny to joke about him being a rapist attempted murderer are also some of the people that told the press he was a "gentle giant".

If so, that speaks volumes.

Quote:

That part completely creeps me out! He could have very well been revisiting Morgan during disappearing for hours. :shudder:

That part completely creeps me out! He could have very well been revisiting Morgan during disappearing for hours. :shudder:

Him disappearing like that is creepy, but so is the fact that these people around him kept joking about that. Who does that? Certainly not anyone I'd hang out with.

Figuring out an evil's man sweet spot/s - ugh. Since this predator won't talk, it may ultimately take the people who knew him having the confidence and character to step up and share. They have nothing to fear. It's obvious he'll never be free again. And those who may have known him, may have nurtured him, loved him, palled around with him, went fishing and hiking with him, they may have their life-times to consider whether they found it in themselves to help the people he so devastated.

I wonder how reliable police considered the tip about Morgan getting into a taxi. Apparently enough to talk to multiple drivers. Once they had a DNA match to the Fairfax rape case, that should have narrowed their taxi suspects a bit unless most drivers are African American. Also, if she was seen getting into a taxi, how does that correspond to her personal belongings being found in the parking lot? And the supposed sighting on the nearby bridge? What's the timeline and location of the taxi sighting?!

Back to the topic of this thread, does it seem likely JLM was a taxi driver for a while but only attacked one woman?

Also, being a driver I'd assume he came to know more about the city's streets and areas than the average person.

I'd also wonder about his state of mind after being questioned. Was this before the DNA match to Fairfax was known or after? If after, he must have really been freaking out. He was nearly caught in Fairfax and Morgan was seen getting into a taxi, too. Perhaps it scared him enough to lay low for quite a while.

Figuring out an evil's man sweet spot/s feels like stepping in an abyss. Since this predator won't talk, it will ultimately take the people who knew him having the confidence and character to step up and share. They have nothing to fear. It's obvious he'll never be free again. And those who knew him, may have nurtured him, loved him, palled around with him, went fishing and hiking with him, they may have their life-times to consider whether they found it in themselves to help the people he so devastated.

Remember casey Anthonys childhood friend saying she thought she would have hidden caylee back behind the school where they used to play in that area where she was found ? She was right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member