JLM's car

Have we sleuthed possible cameras from Tempo to JM's car? Surely there must be some. . .lots of businesses in the area. What path would have they taken to his car?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Taking this from another poster on another thread.

It has to be more than a fingerprint because they got evidence from just looking at the car? I hooe anyway.

And how many MPG does that hunk of junk get?

From dotr

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easil...omment-page-1/

"CBS 6 reporter Joe St. George spent Thursday with forensic psychologist Mike Banks, who explained how easily DNA is left behind.

“If I put my hand on this car door, DNA is left behind,” Banks said.

Banks said DNA is typically left in cars on seat belts and arm rests getting in and out.

“I’m an old geezer – hair can be falling out,” Banks said. “One single hair can prove the fact at least I was here.”

rbbm.

http://www.wsls.com/story/26732436/police-look-into-new-vital-information-on-suspect-jesse-matthew

At the very end:

"Just 5 days before his arrest, Charlottesville Police seized the car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside."

????

That the first I've heard of video showing Hannah getting into JLM's car. Is that sloppy reporting or something that shouldn't have been released?

I just clicked on the article, and it appears the wording has been changed to something like "police believe HG got into the car."

Have we sleuthed possible cameras from Tempo to JM's car? Surely there must be some. . .lots of businesses in the area. What path would have they taken to his car?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting idea. That would be great if someone local would walk a path from Tempo to 4th street (I believe?) and see what they can scope out. And putter around the other nearby streets. Not sure what we'd do with that information, but I'd love to know where other security cameras were that may have captured the two of them and the car. (I personally believe LE has video evidence of HG and JM's car.)

verified here: https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/519857861426675712
"just checkd w source. story is wrong. no video exists"

:gaah:

Seriously! With all of the big brother is watching us? Where is he when we need him?

There have to be tapes of that dang car passing somewhere.

It is a two door. Did he get her to lie down in the back seat?

I remember they had said they had a tape of someone getting in and out of his car?

There have to be tapes!!!

http://www.wsls.com/story/26732436/police-look-into-new-vital-information-on-suspect-jesse-matthew

At the very end:

"Just 5 days before his arrest, Charlottesville Police seized the car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the teen getting inside."

????

That the first I've heard of video showing Hannah getting into JLM's car. Is that sloppy reporting or something that shouldn't have been released?

I recalled hearing this too at the very beginning of this case. Then, the news of HG getting into JM's car seemed to disappear.

I just clicked on the article, and it appears the wording has been changed to something like "police believe HG got into the car."

Yep. The written copy has been edited to:

There is no indication that Graham was ever inside this particular vehicle. Just five days before Matthew's arrest, Charlottesville police seized another car Matthew was driving after surveillance video showed the two of them together. Police believe Graham got inside.

BUT. The video report was not edited. sheesh.

I recalled hearing this too at the very beginning of this case. Then, the news of HG getting into JM's car seemed to disappear.

The news station made a mistake in their reporting and so far have corrected only half of it.

I don't think that Hannah got into the car is going to be any big deal. I think it's a foregone conclusion. Where do they think she went? Poof like a ghost? She got into some vehicle and I don't think any other car got a warrent served on it other than JM's and that it's also been seized as evidence is a pretty good sign that she was in there. The issue becomes whether the car hold any other evidence that help with any charges. No charges for getting into the car. Of course she went into the car. Of course JM went into the car with her and they went off somewhere. So what? No crime to that.

Emaa's bug drives me batty. Every time I see it, I want to swat. :tantrum:

Anyone know the estimated MPG on that car?

And the gas tank capacity?

I am interested in the oil leak. It appears to be a serious one like a front or rear seal is gone. If that is the case JM would have to put oil in it every so many miles and LE would have been able to located where it was parked on the night in question. They would be able to measure the amount of oil it leaks when parked and when running to have a good estimate of how far he could go without having to put oil in it and also be able to compare the mixture of oil in the car to samples found in varies locations to rule in or out JM car having been parked in a location and for how long.

I remember remarking, when they first took his car all the orange and oil stains around his car. It's in many of the videos of when the warrants were issued, and pictures. Could that mean he washed it down with something that would removed car paint?

I remember remarking, when they first took his car all the orange and oil stains around his car. It's in many of the videos of when the warrants were issued, and pictures. Could that mean he washed it down with something that would removed car paint?

Didnt someone post a google map image of his car parked at his job or house or something?

I am interested in the oil leak. It appears to be a serious one like a front or rear seal is gone. If that is the case JM would have to put oil in it every so many miles and LE would have been able to located where it was parked on the night in question. They would be able to measure the amount of oil it leaks when parked and when running to have a good estimate of how far he could go without having to put oil in it and also be able to compare the mixture of oil in the car to samples found in varies locations to rule in or out JM car having been parked in a location and for how long.

Though one would think LE would catch this, let them know. Good info.

It looks to me like that car has had some front end damage from an accident. Note the cracks under the drivers side headlight and front spoiler. Nothing seems to line up quite right either and thats telling me a collision of some sort.

IMO JLM wouldnt have gone far after leaving Tempo with Hannah due to the condition of his car. All it would take is one bored police officer passing him on the road and instant excuse to stop him. The inspection sticker is also now 5 months out of date.

At the very least, I wouldnt imagine him driving on the interstate in that as Va state troopers are allowed to stop cars and write citations if they fail their inspections.

Im also seeing nothing on the tires to indicate that JLM went down any dirt roads. Red clay or as Virginians call it, mud, would have been everywhere if that had been the case.

Damn! That is very observant. I am impressed! Good work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back