Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
memorial video posted by member britskate on the last thread:

Travis "T-dogg" Alexander Memorial Video - YouTube

The video won't come up for me but the comments do. Lots of weirdo's out there...But, if true, a couple of interesting things...Someone says that Travis' father died on his birthday and another person says that she was in an armed robbery with him where the perpetrators held them at gunpoint!

We won't have accountability at all.

We'll have a fable spun to fit the evidence but everything will be all Travis' fault. I am sure he is going to made out to be a monster on June 4, 2008.

Juan will take care of any false impressions any of us may have of Travis. He is passionate in his defending him and I think Travis would be pleased this man is defending his honor and reputation.

If Jodi was pregnant, I don't see her doing anything to lose that hold onto Travis before or after his death. If she wasn't found out she's be hanging onto any money she could from Travis" estate or family. Just my take, but I think Jodi would of used a pregnancy as a tool to blackmail Travis into marrying her.

I agree. She wanted to marry him.

For sure. It just may end up in Law School Teachings.

My DIL passed away in Nov. 2011 from leukemia. She had just recently graduated from Texas Tech law school and was working as a prosecutor for Tx. Dept of Public Safety in Lubbock. We always "talked trials" together and I miss her so much! She would be eating up Juan right now if she was still with us! I have to believe she is cheering him on from heaven!

I think we will see JM go at her with everything he has got. Which technique he will use remains to be seen. If i had to guess it will be stern tone with rapid fire questions. I cant wait. The question content will be most interesting.

ITA and I agree with what a defense attorney said on HLN yesterday..surprise surprise.:floorlaugh:

They were asking him how should Juan proceed when cross examining Arias and he said:

'You never go easy on a cold blooded murderer who is also known as a pathological liar.' His statement has stayed with me. Hes right and it wouldnt even be discussed if it was Joe Arias instead of Jodi Arias, imo.

I have full faith that Juan knows how to cross examine sociopaths. This is not his first rodeo by any means. Actually he was rather calm in the case where there was no body of the victim found when cross examining her murderer.

Imo what he will not do is coddle her nor let her drone on and on with the long boring answers like she has done for days with Nurmi. This will become much more exciting and fast paced once Juan gets his chance.

IMO

I think we will see JM go at her with everything he has got. Which technique he will use remains to be seen. If i had to guess it will be stern tone with rapid fire questions. I cant wait. The question content will be most interesting.

If things ever get to that point! She's only up to February 2007! We still have a year and three+ months before the road trip and murder.

Nurmi needs to reel her in and net this out. I realize he's making certain points albeit subtle at this point, but he's got to be pizzing off the jury with too much irrelevant info elicited way.too.slowly. IMO, he's losing the jury. Eye rolling, a yawning/sleeping gallery... I swear I saw a woman behind TAs family actually fall asleep with her mouth open and then jerk her head up when she caught herself. Come on Nurmi, read your audience!

Wish I had his calendar so I could join back in when he gets to May 2008.

thanks mollyf but I am using superusvoxtv to watch In Session and Windows Media Player cannot open it. any other ideas?

It sounds like you and I want web browser software to behave like media player software. For me, finding the link to the video stream itself (as opposed to the link to the web page that displays the video) was the solution. I haven't got time this morning to find a similar link to the media stream on your supervoxtv site, but in theory it should work the same way unless it's a Flash video.

(Edited to remove my not-very-nice comment about "technobabble" computer forensics expert testimony.)

For sure. It will be amazing :seeya: I'm just glad JM is so skilled and seasoned.

I don't think she really comprehends what she's up against because she thinks she's so smart. I think his cross will make her wet her magical underpants.

Good morning!

I've got to do RL things today. My new kittens have eaten all their dry food. They are food fiends! My hair is a shambles from not getting out to get it cut.

However, somebody posted a link yesterday or the day before to a composite photo of Jodi wearing the Travis T-shirt and Jodi's picture of her supposed Valentine's gift. A quick loot at the lettering on the T-shirts proved to me that they were not one and the same.

Could that person re-post the link as I lost it!

Jodi's picture was taken on July 18th, while she was a POI and soon to be arrested. I think she made up the whole thing. There were never Spiderman undies or a "nice" letter as she stated.

It was when the letter was mentioned that Juan Martinez quickly approached the bench and court was over for the day on Wednesday.

Could this be a backdoor way to get yet another forged letter into the trial? Did Juan even know this picture existed?

I know there was a search warrant on the grandparents' house and her parents' house. Were these items ever found?

This has been bugging the heck out of me. It could show that Jodi was already working on her defense even when she knew she would probably be arrested.

Was this going to be "proof" that Travis loved her turned Travis abused her?

I posted a pic here and a zoom (that if posted will blow the margins here) but, IMHO the shirts are a match.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #25 *may contain graphic and adult content*

I don't think she really comprehends what she's up against because she thinks she's so smart. I think his cross will make her wet her magical underpants.

:great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great:

Good morning all.... I have a big "What if" to toss in... I keep thinking about the rage involved in killing TA. It's way more than jealousy or rejection... What If... Jodi somehow got pregnant and Travis talked her into having an abortion? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere. She testified that they did eventually have V sex. (I previously thought they stuck to the other types of sex) What IF she did manage to get pregnant and felt she was pressured to have an abortion... the rage and hate that appears in the crime scene photos would make more sense. Probably didnt happen... but what if? Crazy what if.. huh?

And what would be her motive for not using that as part of her defense if that were the case?

That would be an ace in the hole sympathy card for the 8 female jurors, IMO. I highly doubt she'd kept that a secret and yet pull out every other stop in the book. Jmo.

Good morning!

I've got to do RL things today. My new kittens have eaten all their dry food. They are food fiends! My hair is a shambles from not getting out to get it cut.

However, somebody posted a link yesterday or the day before to a composite photo of Jodi wearing the Travis T-shirt and Jodi's picture of her supposed Valentine's gift. A quick loot at the lettering on the T-shirts proved to me that they were not one and the same.

Could that person re-post the link as I lost it!

Jodi's picture was taken on July 18th, while she was a POI and soon to be arrested. I think she made up the whole thing. There were never Spiderman undies or a "nice" letter as she stated.

It was when the letter was mentioned that Juan Martinez quickly approached the bench and court was over for the day on Wednesday.

Could this be a backdoor way to get yet another forged letter into the trial? Did Juan even know this picture existed?

I know there was a search warrant on the grandparents' house and her parents' house. Were these items ever found?

This has been bugging the heck out of me. It could show that Jodi was already working on her defense even when she knew she would probably be arrested.

Was this going to be "proof" that Travis loved her turned Travis abused her?

I'm interested to read this "nice" letter, too. I can't imagine it would contain any proof that he abused her (because I really don't see any abuse on his part, MOO)...and she's calling it a nice letter. If it wasn't nice, she'd be complaining about it--more proof of how awful he was. It would not surprise me that this letter cannot be found i.e. does not and never did exist. She may say she lost it. :banghead:

I've been with DH for over 3 decades. Keep everything he ever wrote to me, and he's not the poetic/love letter type of guy, so I couldn't imagine losing one of those precious letters. Not one. I even kept the first card he ever sent me, way back before we were married. So in my mind, if Arias claims the letter is lost, I don't think there ever was one. And if there's no letter, this gift package from Travis probably never existed and was entirely invented and created by her AFTER the murder. Again, MOO.

On a much happier note, have fun with those kittens, CarolinaMoon! They are so playful when they're little--and they bring a lot of joy!

I really wonder how Nurmis pace is going to,change...or not, once he finally winds down the long winding rambling road to the actual events of the murder,,starting with the gun theft. I have a hunch he might start speeding up the pace, cutting her off, asking yes / no,questions, glossing over things. Thoughts?

I too have been wondering what technique Juan will use.

Early on in the trial I thought he was unnecessarily hostile to witnesses. Then I learned to appreciate his style - and the fact that several times he has mentioned he is the only one speaking for Travis.

Now I hope Juan utterly destroys JA on the stand. I am no longer concerned that his approach could alienate the jury. I think for the most part the jury is as disgusted with her testimony as we here are.

Go Juan! I cannot wait.

For sure his style will be interesting and I'm sure he's given this ton of thought. Regardless of his style, I bet the jury will greatly appreciate his PACE after this Nurmi saga.

:great::great::great: And cause her "shocker" to zap her right off the stand!

I am so interested to see this as well, Bravo.

I worry a bit that if he takes an aggressive/sarcastic/browbeating approach with her, some juror may feel sorry for her, and it may make her look weak and pitiful, which is what she is going for anyway.

I wonder if he can adjust his demeanor so he doesn't come across as bullying. He has seemed to 'pick on' the most innocuous witnesses, including his own prosecution witnesses.

I think that worked very well on a witness like Gus Searcy, b/c he was such a pompous @ss.

It will be fascinating to see and I can't wait for all her lies to be called out. I do wish he could bring out her rage, like they do on TV. :)

Hey, that reminds me of that movie with Edward Norton where he killed the priest and seemed to be this meek abused alter boy. [Primal Fear] I won't say anything more for those who haven't seen it, be *great* movie!

I too have been wondering what technique Juan will use.

Early on in the trial I thought he was unnecessarily hostile to witnesses. Then I learned to appreciate his style - and the fact that several times he has mentioned he is the only one speaking for Travis.

Now I hope Juan utterly destroys JA on the stand. I am no longer concerned that his approach could alienate the jury. I think for the most part the jury is as disgusted with her testimony as we here are.

Go Juan! I cannot wait.

I was never bothered from the beginning of JM's style. As you point out it is his style. Agree. I'll bet the Jurors are waiting with baited breath as we are. They have heard enough (as we have) of her detailed bravado. Time for the tough questions Jodi.

My DIL passed away in Nov. 2011 from leukemia. She had just recently graduated from Texas Tech law school and was working as a prosecutor for Tx. Dept of Public Safety in Lubbock. We always "talked trials" together and I miss her so much! She would be eating up Juan right now if she was still with us! I have to believe she is cheering him on from heaven!

So sorry to hear that, Ramblinrose. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I really wonder how Nurmis pace is going to,change...or not, once he finally winds down the long winding rambling road to the actual events of the murder,,starting with the gun theft. I have a hunch he might start speeding up the pace, cutting her off, asking yes / no,questions, glossing over things. Thoughts?

His pace? You mean his Nurmambic Pentameter?!:floorlaugh:

:great::great::great: And cause her "shocker" to zap her right off the stand!

Ha-larious! I forgot about the belt shocker. Bet she requested it for recreational purposes, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member