Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised. It is not wise to go round advertising you are carrying concealed. Just like its not a good idea to put an NRA sticker on your front door. Thieves know you have goodies And will wait til you leave to the coast is clear to rob you of them. No one says "HEY everyone, I am packing!" Or I have an arsenal worth ten's of thousands of dollars inside.

It's possible that there may be a few people I don't know about but my state has the second lowest gun ownership as a percentage of population (12.3%). It's just not as common around here.

He was on the list but apparently is not going to testify. He has told state investigators that he would lie for Arias if he could. The Arias supporters make a big deal out of him. He could be a problem later on, especially during the appeals process.
Oh THERE'S a brilliant statement! "I'd lie for her if I could!" :snooty: Yeah you don't have any credibility issues....oy vey.

I cannot believe she is accusing him of pedophilia .. I mean seriously! Jodi, if you're not trying to commit suicide by lethal injection please learn how to lie within the bounds of reason ... why don't you just say you lost it because he mocked you for being a hopeless lover and was going to Mexico with a new chick in two days that really made him tick! At least it would sound something like the truth and would be a genuine provocation! Absurd and stupid lying.

I cannot believe she is accusing him of pedophilia .. I mean seriously! Jodi, if you're not trying to commit suicide by lethal injection please learn how to lie within the bounds of reason ... why don't you just say you lost it because he mocked you for being a hopeless lover and was going to Mexico with a new chick in two days that really made him tick! At least it would sound something like the truth and would be a genuine provocation! Absurd and stupid lying.

I'm scared that the jury might believe it since it's such an extreme accusation. Like they might think no one would possibly make that up. :(

So what limits, if any, can there be on a defendant's testimony?

(I know I'm asking ridiculous questions, I'm just p o'ed about this)

It's pretty much a free for all, no holds barred, unfiltered JA - whatever she says goes.

While the prosecution is on a tight leash fighting to get in crucial evidence that's completely relevant.

Excuse me while I scream into a pillow.

I wonder if she can just keep talking and talking. How long can the judge let her go on and on? At what point does it not cover her rights?

I pray that he couldn't feel after the 1st stab. I have seen interviews whe victims said they didn't feel anything after the first stab. The thought of decapitation skeeves me more than almost anything else in the world. That is what the 911 hijackers did to the forward flight attendants strapped into their seats. I can't think of worse.

Well that should be interesting!! She's got nothing .. A guy in her position would have gone for a plea .. It infuriates me how women murderers always go the 'I was abused' defense.

It's sickening how a dead man has to be practically "perfect" when defending his corpse against the "battered woman defense".

He can't ever lose his temper, even when the tires of his car are slashed (Nurmi made issue with Travis throwing his cell phone after learning that Jodi slashed his tires). He can't desire or initiate sex. He can't ever look at *advertiser censored*, of any kind. Even just viewing the exposed bellies of women is regarded as "abusive sexual deviance" (see the tame youtube videos that the defense team brought up at trial). He can't be a fan of a competitive martial arts sport like the UFC (thankfully he wasn't a Mike Tyson fan because Nurmi would use that as "evidence" that Travis was a rapist). But most of us, he can't violate the sexual chastity of his religion or that will be construed as "sinister" double life.

I pray that he couldn't feel after the 1st stab. I have seen interviews whe victims said they didn't feel anything after the first stab. The thought of decapitation skeeves me more than almost anything else in the world. That is what the 911 hijackers did to the forward flight attendants strapped into their seats. I can't think of worse.

I've read that too before. It always comes to me when I hear about horrific killings and rapes of little kids. I pray they were gone way before it ended. I have already assumed TA was gone before she did that. I had never even thought of it before. Oh wow. :(

Evidence that Travis was physically abusive to Jodi.

All I could find is this,

An ex-boyfriend by the name of Matt. He has posted several times at "jodiariaisinnocent.com". In one such post, he claimed to have observed bruises on Jodi's neck. After some pressing, he got her to admit that Travis inflicted them. He's not longer a defense witness because he told state investigators that he would lie for Jodi (making him unreliable).

Chris Hughe's email to Travis where he claimed that Travis was being "abusive" to Jodi. Also his meeting with detective Flores where he gave a statement that he could see Travis losing his cool and throwing Jodi against a wall.

This MrX character who is allegedly being blackmailed into not testifying for the defense by Chris Hughes.

What are your thoughts on this?

That website is for Jodi. as in Jodiaisinnocent. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and Travis is the victim here. The mr.x has a high hard one for Jodi, so take what you want from that.

:what:

I hope so too... I think it's likely due to adrenalin.

Mimi was not a "new chick". She was a long time friend that was going on the trip with others and was going to stay with another family. Mimi wasn't into Travis, just friends.

every time beth speaks my dog starts barking lol..

As much as I like BK, her voice is hard to listen to. She is working on a book she says. I do think its nice she does this type of interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni