Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #30 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked True Crime Writer

Yep...she is!

2. paperwing

paperwing New Member

Yes - 3 or 4 I think - elderly or "of retirement age" which, to me, doesn't mean elderly necessarily. We don't yet know what the final makeup of the jury yet - and neither do they. They draw straws or numbers to determine their status of juror or alternate...

HTH! : )

3. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Harvest, you need to listen to this part of her interrogation with Flores. She explains exactly what happened to her finger -- although she attributes it to the nonexistent female intruder.

She cut her finger with the knife when it slipped from her hand as she was stabbing Travis. As Flores later tells her, it's a very very common injury suffered by stabbing perpetrators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hku9ls9VUs&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m17s

4. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

Something else telling to me (and likely many others on this board)...

She's lacking the appropriate visceral reaction to being confronted/reminded about her abuse. IME it is an unwanted and uncontrollable response too...shaking, rocking, crying inconsolably, feeling nauseous, sudden headache, vomiting, tensing, hesitation in speech, unbridled anger, a feeling of invasion, etc. (I still get like that 6 1/2 years later, 4000 miles away, when I get a letter from my ex. It's the only way he is allowed to contact kiddos.)

She's just too cavalier to be even remotely believable.

5. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

No, apparently I only dvrd about 30 minutes.

6. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

7. Rena_TN

Rena_TN New Member

I am trying to get caught up on all of today's testimony but wanted to jump in and say.

I hate Jodi Arias!!!

I only caught the last 30 minutes and I have to agree I think the injury is tendon related form the cut she received. I can't wait for Juan to bury this chick!

8. Clue77

Clue77 New Member

Does anyone have a link to stream HLN tonight? :please:

9. LotusPawprint

LotusPawprint Moderately-known member

Realistically, how much longer do we think this direct will go on?

10. Candy_Pickletoes

Candy_Pickletoes New Member

I wonder if someone can refresh my memory, I don't know if this was the FCA trial or a different one but there was one trial where a witness needed a really intense cross examination from the prosecutor and when the prosecutor got up to cross it was the most disappointing cross ever, I believe it was talked about quite a bit here, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about...I hope that doesn't happen in this case, I hope Juan makes her testify on cross for as long as she is testifying on direct. I know I will be celebrating when I hear the words "No futher questions, your honor" come out of Nurmi's mouth. LOL

11. StephanieHartPI

StephanieHartPI Verified Private Investigator

oh jeez, look out. I like Dr. Drew, I just like to see him like he is today, open to a person's ability to just lie.. Just that it is possible she is not truthful.

12. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

ALso she has to show that the force she used was matching the force that was used or going to be used on her. In other words, she has to show that the amount of force she used against him was justified. Whiiiiiiich...don't see how that is going to happen

13. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

I do remember she said she cut her finger, yes the ring finger. I did not hear anything about it being broken. However, I don't recall a close up of it during the interrogation.

14. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Dr drew is a dweeb. He should stick to addiction rehab. IMO

15. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :furious: :furious: :furious:

16. TigerBalm

TigerBalm Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose

I swear I'm not stalking the chat room. :floorlaugh:

Chat room doesn't like my mac

17. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

She didn't say it had been broken, she said it had been cut. It's not believable now that it was actually injured months prior when Travis abused her.

Why would you need a close up in the interrogation? She tells him what happened.

18. bexlex

bexlex New Member

It's all part of her brilliant plan to fool the jury..... they would treat her better if she was more attractive in court. Poor old Andrea Yates didn't get away with anything...

MOO!

19. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

welcome clue77 and all other new members! :cheer:

20. tinkabella

tinkabella New Member

Did anyone catch her testimony about asking someone for a gun so that she could kill herself? i was dozing off most of her testimony today but i believe i heard something to that fact. i guess shes gonna say she got the gun from this "friend" and not the robbery at her grandparents house. i tell ya she has a story for eveyrthing. what kind of "friend" would give u a gun to kill youself after. what kind of fruend would say "here take my gun" after knowing that you're suicidal? I hope this friend is called for rebuttal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.