Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #30 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone can refresh my memory, I don't know if this was the FCA trial or a different one but there was one trial where a witness needed a really intense cross examination from the prosecutor and when the prosecutor got up to cross it was the most disappointing cross ever, I believe it was talked about quite a bit here, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about...I hope that doesn't happen in this case, I hope Juan makes her testify on cross for as long as she is testifying on direct. I know I will be celebrating when I hear the words "No futher questions, your honor" come out of Nurmi's mouth. LOL

:dunno: Jason Young on the stand during his first trial???

Okay, Det Flores addressed that her finger had been cut, indeed due to the knife slipping from being bloodied. Was that very finger crooked at that time? Why didn't the detective ask about the deformity of the finger?

Same finger.

Maybe the deformity wasn't apparent yet.

Some thoughts for your consideration on how this is different from your situation:
Travis wasn't her husband. They had no vows to each other. Their families weren't co-mingled. They weren't financially co-mingled. They weren't a dyad. They weren't perceived as a dyad among shared friends, or family, with the exception of one man and his sister. She had another man she was long-distance phone dating, and on her way to date in person. She lived 1000 miles away from him. A husband is different than a guy you date and have sex-without-commitments with. The feeling of loyalty, or sense of loss or betrayal is orders of magnitude greater with a partner/husband you are in a dyad with, than an on again off again guy you date and have sex with. I would argue that for normal women that get brainwashed in an abusive relationship to the point of covering up his abuse, they have formed a dyad first. Families, friends, money, and commitment are all involved, and protecting the dyad is co-mingled with protecting all of that life territory. You have far more of your identity attached to that wagon, so to speak.

Oh, and there is one more difference. TA didnt actually abuse anyone. JMO

ok- trying to plan my week...Will defense get to murder tomorrow, then have her explain her actions after the murder on Wed so jury has that in their mind over the long weekend (court ends early this week, right)?

Or will they stretch out more inane bullchit tomorrow and leave jury hanging with murder on Wed. and mop up on Monday?

When oh when is JM going to to get a chance to cross examine her so that I can plan what happens if by chance I get a new job soon!

No court on Monday...holiday

Whoa, lady!

We only just got to the honey chicken and wasabi sauce! No mention (yet) of sides, dessert, beverages, or dinnerware. Let's not rush the process, eh? ;)

That's so true! I really want to know how the rest of the meal that she dropped off (then stalked) went.

I'm also looking forward to hearing her cover story / excuse for climbing in the doggie door.
"Well, as an animal lover I was torn between feeling the doggie door was humane and feeling it was inhumane. On one hand, I like that Napolean had his own door, but on the other hand, I thought Travis was abusing the dog by making him go outside to use the bathroom. So I wanted to take issues into my own hand and see what it felt like and to help Napoleon. I felt it was my duty to try entering through the doggie door several times, at different times of day and night, mostly unannounced. I really felt I was helping Napoleon. Then one day Napoleon barked at me and I felt so used and now I'm here testifying that everything in my life is Napoleon's fault. What was the question again?"

Very well could be, I just didn't think it was that one because I don't remember watching the first trial and the second one he didn't actually take the stand, they only played the tape. Though maybe it was the tape people were reacting to.

I just hope Juan delivers, I can't imagine that he won't but....

I do t know how sam and tanisha sit in that courtroom daily. i would have to be strapped down to my seat, to prevent me from acting out in self.defense.

OMG. How pathetic and anemic that cross was. I kept expecting Becky Holt to just say 'It's okay you beat your pregnant wife to death. You can just go home now. Nothing to see here.' :furious:

I like Becky but in terms of prosecutors it's like comparing Minnie Mouse to Mighty Mouse iykwim. Juan, I consider, to be a lot like Kelly Siegler (sadly no longer a prosecutor iirc) - they're passionate, voracious, unstoppable, and unflappable. Immense respect.

I swear I'm not stalking the chat room. :floorlaugh:

Chat room doesn't like my mac

Are you trying to get in with java or mIRC or IRC? try another one. And chat is not the Websleuths radio chat room we did Sunday night, it's the other one. 10 of us there right now. Drinking, cursing and having fun!

I know and understand exactly where this whole defense is headed. Trust Juan to snap everybody out of this stupor. Jurors are being manipulated now. They must be starting to recognize they're being used to listen to lies. I hate liars, and maybe they do too.

That's so true! I really want to know how the rest of the meal that she dropped off (then stalked) went.

I'm also looking forward to hearing her cover story / excuse for climbing in the doggie door.
"Well, as an animal lover I was torn between feeling the doggie door was humane and feeling it was inhumane. On one hand, I like that Napolean had his own door, but on the other hand, I thought Travis was abusing the dog by making him go outside to use the bathroom. So I wanted to take issues into my own hand and see what it felt like and to help Napoleon. I felt it was my duty to try entering through the doggie door several times, at different times of day and night, mostly unannounced. I really felt I was helping Napoleon. Then one day Napoleon barked at me and I felt so used and now I'm here testifying that everything in my life is Napoleon's fault. What was the question again?"
You have no idea how much more bearable you make this case with your presence. :hug:

Same finger.

Maybe the deformity wasn't apparent yet.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her put her left hand flat to her face in court...

This is now her fourth finger injury story:
  • Broken glass at 'Margarita's'
  • Female ninja attack
  • Broken glass cleanng Travis' house
  • Travis broke it

:waiting: (really...)

I felt like a pooper scooper, er, used toilet paper

I can't watch the talking heads. Just can't do it. You all will have to keep me informed.

I can't either. I do record drew because I love Mark and ff till he's up... And I did also ff to listen to the two Katie's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member