Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #30 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! My laptop is old! Won't hold a charge... the power cord is wonky and the
touch pad died! I had to add a mouse!

It is soooo hard not to hurl it out the window!
I.am.serious.

The first part of that is quite poetic. You're a poet and you don't know it, but maybe your feet show it. Are they Longfellows?

Oh com'on!!:floorlaugh:That's purty funny! Let her share her memories...after all, if we can't share them here, where in the world else, or under what other imaginable circumstances would those memories possibly be stirred??!! Leave:f Ginger alooone!!!:floorlaugh:

It's all in the pursuit of justice, right?
So it's all good.

Current trial schedule (as of now):

2/12/2013 10:30 Trial
2/13/2013 10:30 Evidentiary Hearing
2/13/2013 13:30 Trial
2/14/2013 10:30 Trial

There's no way Jodi will be able remember every lie she has told on the stand. She has given too much detail. Juan will turn her into a pretzel.

I thought she testified the other day that Travis didnt mind her dating Dixon but didnt want her to date Abe.

Now she is saying the opposite today.

imo

Well that's my point. The fact that she's given four different stories means you can't believe any of them unless there's some corroborating evidence. There's corroborating evidence that it was cut when the knife slipped while stabbing Travis - so that's the one I believe.

I think her finger is injured and deformed. If you go back and look at her testimony on prior days, you can see that her finger is crooked when she's not thinking about it. She may be able to lay it flat on a table or straighten it when it's held against a surface, but not able to straighten it on her own. I don't think she's fabricating an injured finger - I just think she's lying about the cause.

Unlike some of the posters here, I do not assume that every bit of testimony that could help Jodi's case or help her sympathy factor is necessarily false. I think some of what she says is true, but there's just no way of knowing which parts are true and which are false, so I give no weight to any of it.

You're right and I corrected myself in a post to you long lost in the pages. :)

I think she injured it while killing Travis. But since she's already owned up to, why not admit to that? Also, though far less likely, upon settling on her self-defense argument, I wouldn't put it pas her to injure or re-injure that finger. (An aside - as an artist, I can say that having an oddly angled ring finger is not an impediment).

This is another example of unverifiable testimony. The only one who will benefit from it is JM. And then ultimately Travis' family, friends and his memory.

The multiple lies for a single event are relevant, imv, in a cumulative way.

Heck JA is the poster child for The Boy Who Cried Wolf... and Lion and Tiger and Bear and Monster and Bigfoot and...
(Well, I like Bigfoot - I'm a skeptic but I think it'd be awesome if proof is found! I want them to be real! :) )

Think about this - if there is a hung jury on this trial and Jodi is retried, she is going to have to remember every detail of every little story she has told on the stand. It is all in the transcript.

The prosecution will be ready for her.

Oh com'on!!:floorlaugh:That's purty funny! Let her share her memories...after all, if we can't share them here, where in the world else, or under what other imaginable circumstances would those memories possibly be stirred??!! Leave:f Ginger alooone!!!:floorlaugh:

:blushing: 18 years and I never told anyone else!
I'm not proud.

Current trial schedule (as of now):

2/12/2013 10:30 Trial
2/13/2013 10:30 Evidentiary Hearing
2/13/2013 13:30 Trial
2/14/2013 10:30 Trial

So there WILL be court Thursday! :thumbup:

I definitely don't believe you have to be disordered or even otherwise mentally unhealthy to find yourself in an abusive relationship, just vulnerable. I do totally believe she is disordered though, yep. Some abusers are psychopaths who will intentionally look for weaknesses in their victims and prey upon those. For some that 'weakness' is something so simple as compassion. They are predators in the truest sense of the word.

Anyway to reiterate why I consider her claims of abuse to be questionable (and many other DV survivors here have also said as much):

- There were no ties that bound Jodi and Travis. No children, no property, no business. There was no impetus to stay in a relationship that started off as abusive from practically day one according to her.

- She slashed his tires.

- She invaded his privacy, read through his emails, snooped through his social media.

- She apparently entered his home uninvited while he was sleeping.

- She warned the women he was dating against dating him.

- She moved the 1000+ miles months after they broke up to the city he was living in.

- There is no corroborating testimony available from anyone, even online, to depict Travis as being violent or even having much of a temper. (Justifiable anger in response to her actions is vastly different imo.)

- She knew his ATM pin # and garage code that she has openly admitted to. (To me this is even further evidence of her scary stalkerish behavior.)

- Unlike Travis, there has been testimony to show a history of disturbingly obsessive and invasive behaviors with previous boyfriends.

- The amount of sheer premeditation in this case rather flies in the face of a self-defense claim.

- No evidence of Travis ever forcing, compelling, threatening or stalking Jodi to change her mind once she decided to move back to California.

- Encouraging Jodi to date other people. (All except that one guy. ;))

- A lack of evidence or testimony to show controlling behaviors on Travis' part.

IMHO any couple of the above could be explained but not all of them. In fact that list paints her as an abusive personality herself, which I very firmly believe her to be. Pretty certain I missed plenty off my list too but it's 3am and I've already invested way too much of my sleeping time into Jodi. ;)

Excellent Post!

As an abuse survivor I agree with everything you have said.

Jodi is a victimizer .............not a victim.

If anyone is a domestic violence victim it was Travis Alexander.

The first part of that is quite poetic. You're a poet and you don't know it, but maybe your feet show it. Are they Longfellows?

:great: IMO yes

My mama was a librarian! :floorlaugh:

I'm not angry at him any longer either. I'm ambivalent which is where I find the most powerful position to be for me.

Until I begin recounting events. Then the emotions run rampant whether I want them to or not. Mind you, it's only been since 2008 that he's been incarcerated and I relocated here.

I'm angry, and mine was over 20 years ago. It's no use, because it's like being angry at a scorpion that stung you, but I am definitely angry. I'm nauseous and disgusted with her, but when I tell the events I do sound much less emotional because I get this stoic thing that lets me get the words out of my mouth (or typed). I had PTSD for years, though, and that is supposed to make a difference. It shouldn't be surprising that I don't sound very connected to/emotional about the crime when I discuss it. I get a smarmy joking sarcasm about it, sometimes, even.

I still bet I sound more connected than JA. Not only is she not emotional, she doesn't show any of the other defense or coping mechanisms the mind does. Her answers are so shallowly textbook that it should be transparent as hell that she's not really a victim. IMHO :)

Is it wrong that the testimony today made me crave Toblerone? So much so I bought one on my way home from work and every time I take a bite I giggle at JA's outrageous oral sex, ejaculate on my face, threw a Toblerone at me story.

Mmmmmmmmmmm TOBLERONE :floorlaugh:

Hi, not sure what that means. But if it means I am on the prosecutor's side, I will nod my head yes. :)

It means you have to wear a leather jacket with Juan's picture on the back and learn a synchronized song and dance routine in his honor. We meet Wednesday nights. Are you in?

I'm angry, and mine was over 20 years ago. It's no use, because it's like being angry at a scorpion that stung you, but I am definitely angry. I'm nauseous and disgusted with her, but when I tell the events I do sound much less emotional because I get this stoic thing that lets me get the words out of my mouth (or typed). I had PTSD for years, though, and that is supposed to make a difference. It shouldn't be surprising that I don't sound very connected to/emotional about the crime when I discuss it. I get a smarmy joking sarcasm about it, sometimes, even.

I still bet I sound more connected than JA. Not only is she not emotional, she doesn't show any of the other defense or coping mechanisms the mind does. Her answers are so shallowly textbook that it should be transparent as hell that she's not really a victim. IMHO :)

I have learned those who anger you, CONTROL you.
Just MOO

Excellent Post!

As an abuse survivor I agree with everything you have said.

Jodi is a victimizer .............not a victim.

If anyone is a domestic violence victim it was Travis Alexander.

BBM This. This.

Not that it's relevant to this case, but far as I know, it's illegal to slaughter a pedophile in this country...

...just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member