Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #33 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does anyone know what the 'prosecurial misconduct' is that defense put the motion in for? I thought it had to do with Guy Searcy today... did i miss something?

Something that really surprised me about the tape yesterday was:

Despite JA’s previous disturbing behavior (eg tire slashing, stalking, nasty emails to gfs, entering house through doggie door, etc), TA spoke sweetly with JA, sounded earnest in his plans to visit JA in Oregon, and didn’t heed his own gut instincts, red flags (eg telling Dr friend that if TA didn’t show up to dinner it was because JA had done him in), all just three short weeks prior to his murder – a fatal mistake. JMVHO.

A classic case of a man thinking with the wrong head.

During that whole secretly recorded call, she planned on destroying him. It's so disturbing to listen to. I pray that Jodi is convicted and severely punished. It will be the greatest travesty of justice since O.J if she is acquitted.

I guess there is a new guest they never get to really give an opinion.

I wondered about that because every time they show her she is in the back row.

Am I the only one who notices that when they show her (during the "teasers"), she is looking around, looking lost and making odd facial movements? I kind of didn't want to post about it, because the mean person in me is totally entertained by this and I don't want her to stop!

The nice person in me just thinks that her mom is probably just proud to see her daughter on tv, so it's ok if she makes funny faces. :innocent:

ASTRA/Esther:

There are four possible derivations of the name Esther.340

From Ishtar, the Akkadian goddess of love. If this is true, then Mordecai’s name was likely derived from Marduk, the Akkadian god of war. If this is the case, then Mordecai was also working to keep his national identity secret. It is strange and troubling to have two characters hiding behind the names of pagan gods.
From Satar, the Hebrew word meaning hidden. The Hebrew for this word, rt^s, is very close to Esther, rT^s=a. Thus, Esther hides her Jewish identity with a name that means “hidden.” This plays into the author’s propensity to hide information needed to fully understand the spiritual dynamics of the story. Perhaps the name’s meaning drove the author to compose the book as he did. Even if Esther’s name was derived from one of the other four in this list, its association with rt^s should be considered.
From Stara, the Persian word for star. This name makes good sense from a historical perspective, since the story takes place in Persia.
From Astra, the Median word meaning “myrtle.” Since Hadassah, in Hebrew, means myrtle, Esther chose a name that means the same as her given name.

Source: http://bible.org/seriespage/esther-8211-irony-and-providence

Hi everyone, I introduced myself a while back and I've finally caught up!

The tape makes no sense to me either....if the Judge said all or nothing, then surely the defense would have been better off with nothing and leaving the contents to the jurors' imaginations? Is there some reason they wouldn't have been permitted to withdraw the entry of the tape?

I believe it is much of the basis of the experts for defense that are coming up. I believe it was required to come in. moo perhaps our lawyers can tell us more.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

from video I just posted: he isn't in the courtroom now because of media reporting he is the boyfriend (arias told him)

Jodi wanted him to clarify things to dr drew!

:lol:

Interesting that with her life on the line, she's interested in what her media image is. It's in the toilet where it belongs jodi.

Good morning Sleuthers! I got lost and couldn't find the thread. I keep up with this trial at home and at work and didn't work yesterday so the last link I had here at work was for the #30 thread on Monday. Usually I just go to the last page and follow the links to the next but for some reason the link at the end of #30 for the next thread didn't work.

The sex tape wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had anticipated. I was so worried that it was going to destroy the image of Travis. I heard that Jodi was so upset yesterday because the defense only wanted a small portion of the tape played and the prosecution pushed for the entire tape to be played. So much for her 'threats' in the plea deal we read. (I couldnt find the link for that on the timeline page) I wonder if Travis' family pushed Juan to play the entire tape? It sure doesn't look good for Jodi. She thinks she is so smart and her plans just keep back firing on her! She thought she would play the part where Travis mentioned she sounded like a 12 year old girl.. and her entire family got to hear how deviant SHE really is. Must have been humiliating with most of her family there, especially in front of her dad.

The tape put to rest the idea that Travis sent her 'little boys underwear'
Travis mentions that he does not like superman. There was no mention of boys superman underwear or that she wore them for him. IF he really had sent them to her for valentines day the would have been mentioned in the tape! *ding dong... Hello?*

I thought the defense calling Lisa was huge... Lisa's testimony did NOT help the defense and sex tape is an even more huge black eye for the defense! MOO

The sex tape was from May 2008. Jodi had to have recorded it *knowing* she had plans of destroying Travis AND his reputation. The timing is just too coincidental. The taping of the conversation may have been the first link in the chain of events leading to Travis' murder. **edited** Also is it a coincidence that she mentions him visiting and the trip to Crater Lake and Shakespeare in the voice mail she left for Travis AFTER she killed him? Creepy!

I got tears in my eyes hearing Travis sing. The tape made him more personable... So sad that he had to die the way that he did. I hope this jury makes the right call.
*Justice for Travis*

So, does anyone know what the 'prosecurial misconduct' is that defense put the motion in for? I thought it had to do with Guy Searcy today... did i miss something?

yes... Gus and Skye H (their testimony is part of the prosecutorial misconduct motion)

I missed everything yesterday after 4:00pm Arizona time,
but I have this weird feeling that it was most likely lots of lies ....
I could be wrong but thinking not

Have to think this man is: dumber than dirt OR an enabling sicko OR counting on the time he as spent with the defendant making him rich and famous one day.

Whatever the case, loved the smack- down he took by Travis's friend last night
on JVM, and haven't failed to notice that he's the only person out there speaking up for the defendant. Personally, I'll continue to choose the mute button when he does so.

The smack down was awesome! :rocker: It was the best I've heard so far.

Also I usually read each and every post but today I must start from here and move forward.

Hi everyone, I introduced myself a while back and I've finally caught up!

The tape makes no sense to me either....if the Judge said all or nothing, then surely the defense would have been better off with nothing and leaving the contents to the jurors' imaginations? Is there some reason they wouldn't have been permitted to withdraw the entry of the tape?

I believe it was one of their main points in the opening argument. I could be wrong.

IMO

From what I am watching of Carr, it would seem that he sought out Jodi... (kinda like a groupie sort of thing)

unbelievable!

Bryan Carr says that they met years ago through a mutual friend. They befriended each other on Facebook and finally met face to face a year ago when he drove down from Prescott (Arizona) to meet her in jail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azNPUZctTHc

I'm thinking that "Esther" is just an imaginary person that Jodi made up to make it look like Travis had been doing something with other girls so it didn't look so bad that she had enticed him into sex. After all, it's kind of interesting that Travis said that he never masterbated before he met her. Maybe she thinks that if she makes it look like he had done it before that it will make him look worse. I've never heard of an Esther in this case and no one has mentioned an Esther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn