Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

Last line BBM.
Quester you are too dang funny. You one upped me on that one....I couldn't do the frog or the worm (wasn't asked to do a cow's eye). My lab partner did it when the teacher was out of the room. :floorlaugh:

Gotta run for now. Have a great day.

Like Jodi, I once performed a vivisection.

However, unlike Jodi, our laboratory subjects were live frogs, not a human male.

Our procedures required a few incisions, no stab wounds, and lasted for several minutes -- not less than two.

WTH!?! If she called him that night and said TA was dead and then TA isn't found for another 5 days, he KNEW she killed him. So he calls the DA a MONTH later, the DA doesn't call him back, he then clams up until now? What a hissy-fit throwing child! Why not call the police in AZ as soon as you hang up from the attempting talking to the DA?

I really don't like this guy.

This is the part of his interview I could not reconcile? Is he saying or claiming that she called him that night and what... he assumed since she knew, she had been informed by LE.. so why call around.. And in the close group he was in with PPL and as renowned in PPL as Travis was, this man called nobody and the body was there yet to be discovered?

What did he do for 5 days. I don't get this??

1. It is not proven that JA slashed tires. There is innuendo and accusation by TA's friends, but that's all. She may or may not have. In fact, Lisa had an ex that was considered as a person who may have done this. We will never know, and the jury will probably not consider slashed tires if they follow jury instructions.

2. Listen to the defense opening statement. Defense attorney Willmott said there was a knife in the bedroom used to cut the "rope" used in their afternoon sexcapade. It may or may not be true. Again, we'll never know. But that's what they are stating in regard to the knife in this trial.

It is up to the jury if they find the slashed tires testimony credible and what weight to give it.

It is just another CE link from which they can infer from the totality of all the evidence entered if they believe the tire slasher ....stalker was Jodi Arias.

I do think they are going to conclude she was the tire slasher and stalker.

IMO

My only issue with the knife is that I am not convinced she brought it with her. I don't think it's been brought in front of the jury that she carried a knife around all the time. I know there isn't evidence of a knife missing from TA's house, but if a knife went missing at my house, I would probably be the only one to notice. I have a block of knives on the counter that a missing knife would probably be noticed, but I also have a drawer with some assorted larger knives. If one went missing, I think I am the only one who would know. My husband would have no clue. I'm just thinking out loud here... :waitasec:

I'm not too sure if she brought it with her or not. I think she must have had some kind of overnight bag with her that she brought to his house and the knife may have very well been in it......IDK.

1. It is not proven that JA slashed tires. There is innuendo and accusation by TA's friends, but that's all. She may or may not have. In fact, Lisa had an ex that was considered as a person who may have done this. We will never know, and the jury will probably not consider slashed tires if they follow jury instructions.

2. Listen to the defense opening statement. Defense attorney Willmott said there was a knife in the bedroom used to cut the "rope" used in their afternoon sexcapade. It may or may not be true. Again, we'll never know. But that's what they are stating in regard to the knife in this trial.

So we are going to refute the claims of JA slashing tires, and accept the opening statement (which is not part of sworn testimony) of a liar's representative, but throw aside the evidence from an independant Medical Examiner who has performed over 6000 autopsies?

She could have shot travis after stabbing him, as he may have fallen to the floor in a seated position. For all we know, the ear to ear throat slice may have been last. Maybe Jodi will tell us, if she remembers what she did, which I doubt she will remember.

I never thought of her maybe pretending she was gone. I was wondering about everyone's thoughts on the photos. I do so much photography, I can't envision he does not see her through all the photo taking, some looking right at her, where was she hidden that he does not see her and can't hear the camera sound click after each photo. (his shower water could muffle a bit) And they did indicate she took them without flash, that was very interesting to me, no flash is why they have the burnt orange/yellow appearance. the tile would be bright white as they showed Flash photos of the bathroom and its very clear. And it does puzzle me if she wanted to take these great photos and she knows anything about photography, she can give them a sepia effect after, or any color variation, but my guess is she would want to start with the clearest photo first.. which would be maybe with flash? Because they are not good, and not really clear, and now I see they are taken with no flash. Was that to hide the fact she was there and taking them?

This is a puzzle. I don't think there's any way Travis was unaware of her throughout the photo shoot. I do wonder why some shots were taken without a flash. A couple of the first pics were with a flash, then subsequent pics appear to have been taken without flash. The last photos, with Travis looking at the camera, and then the seated pics, the flash is on again.

I wish Melendez had given more testimony about the metadata on these photos. I believe all of the flash and exposure and settings info would have been available from his forensic tools.

Like Jodi, I once performed a vivisection.

However, unlike Jodi, our laboratory subjects were live frogs, not a human male.

Our procedures required a few incisions, no stab wounds, and lasted for several minutes -- not less than two.

We also did that, but only after pithing the frogs and injecting the mice with a neurotoxic chemical. I would have refused to perform a vivisection on any living thing that could feel pain!

I agree because gun shot first would make it much harder to explain why she "had" to slaughter him after. I don't believe he could have been a threat to her life if she had shot him first. Even if he did get up after. I would think if someone "lunged in anger" and then got shot in the face for it.... That person would immediately flip to wanting to survive vs continuing to attack the person with the weapons. JMO

Question about if a mistrial was granted: Would it then be possible for Nurmi to have himself removed from her case and have someone else assigned to start all over? Just curious. I first thought maybe the constant motions for mistrial were because they know their case is not strong and it would give them more time to prepare or concoct a different approach. I imagine there are a lot of mistrial motions during DP cases though and am not trying to imply that he's doing that to get out of it. Just curious.

I think that if a mistrial were to occur, and they had to start all over, the judge would allow him to withdraw.

ain't that the truth! and this was anything but humane.. Looks like a rabid feral animal did it.

Exactly! And a prior judge determined that it didn't matter which injury came first and that the actions did warrant death penalty as a punishment.

Searcy says he left on the Cancun trip the next day after JA called him. In other words, IMHO, JA called him the night Travis' body was discovered not the night after Travis was murdered.

Hmmm so this isn't accurate?

BBM

----------------------

VELEZ-MITCHELL: "All right. Let`s run through the calendar. Jodi kills Travis on June 4 at about 5:30 in the evening. Gus, you say Jodi called you, hysterical, at about 3:30 in the morning on June 5, about ten hours after she killed him. His body is discovered a few days later, on June 4, but Jodi is not arrested until July 15, OK?

Now, you waited until July 15, more than a month, to contact police or try to call prosecutors? Why not dial 911 immediately after you hang up with Jodi? "

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/14/ijvm.01.html

ETA:

FYI: I checked the transcript excerpt with the actual interview to see if June 4 was a typo or JVM actually said that. Per interview she did say June 4th but clearly meant the 9th.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/14/arias-friend-she-called-me-night

She could have shot travis after stabbing him, as he may have fallen to the floor in a seated position. For all we know, the ear to ear throat slice may have been last. Maybe Jodi will tell us, if she remembers what she did, which I doubt she will remember.

Good point. We're all assuming the gun shot was either first or last. Maybe it was in the middle, right before the throat slash.

I also wanted to add that I think the blood at the sink, and the spray pattern, was not from blood in the sinuses from the GSW. (I'm in the group who thinks the GSW was last.)

What makes most sense to me physiologically is that the sink blood was coughed up from the puncture/s to his lung sustained in the chest stab to the heart. His left lung would have rapidly filled with blood. He was stabbed multiple times, front and back, so both lungs would have been filling with blood, and refluxing up his airway. Your airway reflexes are the strongest reflexes in your body-- he was trying to clear his airway and breathe when he left the blood evidence at the sink. He also clearly still had the strength to stand at that point.

I defer to you on airway issues. I looked at the autopsy report and could not tell if he had a pneumo/hemo thorax from the stab wounds. It would make sense that he did. I agree that the blood was coughed up. Could it be possible that the blood running down the back of his throat from the GSW, could have caused him to cough out blood?

Boy, that was just a joyful moment wasnt it? Juan at his best. Here's what I geaned. Nurmi entered the exhibit and Jodi tried to claim it was an email that had been forwarded to Travis. However, the FWD (which most email systems typically insert by default when an email is forwarded to another person) was in the subject line of the email (which is an editable field and anyone can type the letters "FWD" without it actually being a forwarded email). Additionally, Travis's name was in the "To" field AND there was a BCC present whih typically only appears when you use the blind carbon copy feature. This means Jodi secretly sent this email to someone at the same time she sent this to Travis. Juan had issue with Jodi referring to the email as "the forwarded" email because the exhibit showed no proof that in fact it had been forwarded. Juan wanted the court to refer to the exhibit simply as the email SENT to Travis. He is doing this to debunk her story.

I don't think the email showed any indication that it had actually been sent to Abe, as Jodi claimed. You have to wonder why the defense wouldn't produce the actual email to Abe, if it was in fact sent to him.

LOL love the experience. I have not performed an autopsy, but I have been present for about 30 partial autopsies (some dissections) As the photographer (and video) never touched the body parts though. I have a funny story for down the line.. remind me. Jars, multiple body parts in each...one reminded me of the dill pickle jar at the deli.

I know. They use to put them in some type of fluid to "bake" them, as the ME would describe. At least that was true of the brain years ago. LE comes back in a couple of days and the ME is able to slice it open and see the path of the bullet. I could never be a medical examiner. jmo

I think that if a mistrial were to occur, and they had to start all over, the judge would allow him to withdraw.

Thank you! Interesting. Maybe he does have extra motivation for wanting a mistrial so bad then.

LOL love the experience. I have not performed an autopsy, but I have been present for about 30 partial autopsies (some dissections) As the photographer (and video) never touched the body parts though. I have a funny story for down the line.. remind me. Jars, multiple body parts in each...one reminded me of the dill pickle jar at the deli.

Let's wait until after lunch (CA time) for that pickle story! :wink:

My lunch menu:
Grilled Pastrami Ruben Sandwich
Large Dill Pickle
Bass Ale
:toast:

but if she was hiding to kill him, why take photos at all? why was his camera in the bathroom? why wouldn't she just attack him, and avoid all the time wasting with the camera?

You bring up an excellent point that I had never thought of before. I had thought he had told her to leave and proceeded to take a shower. I can imagine her thinking it would be cute to take shower pics considering their earlier foray. Or were they to blackmail him with? He certainly looked peeved in the last photo. :(

I was once told that a bullet fired from a gun travels faster than the speed of sound. Is this true? (one of my older patients, who slept with a gun under his pillow told me that if I was shot at and hit, I wouldn't hear the sound of the shot before I was hit.)

Under the speed of sound, but they all differ a bit and they are calculated in fps (feet per second) For example a bullet that travels about 1000fps might equal about 680 mph.

Our airbags in our cars are set off by gun powder. Air bags deploy at 200mph. (and wow, you can really get an injury from that, my friend was belted in, and her air bag caused her to have multiple ribs smashed, punctured lung) ouch. However, had she not been belted and no airbag.. who knows.

I tend to agree the sound is so hard to explain, and loud, its almost simultaneous, but some gun shots are not really felt right away (shot gun yes, your head basically explodes and there is nothing for an M.E. to even look at)

smaller caliber gun such as a 25. Its a little pretty clean looking hole, and I venture to guess you are stunned at first, that delay when you are stunned into silence, or might put your hand to your head, you feel pressure first, then a burn. Often times since your nerves are all damaged at the wound site and below, its just dead nerves, 100% numb. The pain will start once the surrounding tissue and nerves start to light up like they are on fire. (the gun powder example) one of the biggest memories of the typical gun shot victim is ears ringing because it was loud, they are disoriented at first, especially shot to the head (anything in and about the base of skull, back of head, mid brain to brain stem i am not certain they would remember much? Usually they are out and down pretty instantly) The temple area, especially if it exits forward, at some angle exiting the face, just anything except straight into the brain, you are screaming after a few seconds or just dazed and holding your head tight. One is often left with rupture ear drums (although if shot in the head that's the least of your problems)

so it burns! and you just hold it tight and pray it was the front of your head/forehead/face, so you might survive it and make a near full recovery. There is a kind of cancer tumor that grows on the front lobe area.. commonly removed is nearly the whole front lobe and you heal and you go about your business.. (back of the brain, not so much...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288