Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Travis was laying face up on the bathroom floor i cannot picture where JA would have been standing in order to shoot him consistent with the bullet path.

And if his head wasn't facing the ceiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I was referring to the path of the bullet. From above, thru skull just above right eyebrow traveling downward thru sinus cavity and lodging in left cheek. I think she shot him almost immediately after that last pic was taken of him sitting in his shower.

But bullets dont just go in and stop. Due to the decomp we have no idea where all the bullet went slowing the velosity down and then landed in the left cheek. Just because it landed in the left cheek does not mean it took a direct path. Dr. Horn said it definitely entered the brain in the temporal lobe area. In a man Travis' age the brain is pressed right up against the skull.

So the path it took is unknown due to decomp of the brain.

While I happen to trust and believe Dr Horn, people should not be blind followers. Every one of us should question what they are presented by anyone. It is when you try to disqualify the verified expert opinion when you aren't an expert in that field or even worse, have only common knowledge of it. That to me is just silly. imo

I believe verified experts can only give an opinion because they were not present at the autopsy. Most ME's are called to the scene and that is part of their determination as to what happened. Just looking at pictures is not the same thing as an ME being on the scene and performing the autopsy. I also think most verified experts would agree with that.

One of the determining factors Dr. Horn stated as to the shot coming last was that there was an absence of blood in the brain matter. Had he been shot first blood would have shown up in the testing. Regardless of what Jodi is saying, Dr. Horn's testing proves otherwise. Dr. Horn is saying Travis had already bled out when he was shot. jmo

I dont think she shot him in the shower.

She shot him in the area where the bullet casing was found on top of already spilled blood. A .25 will eject the casing out about two-three feet from where she was standing holding the gun when she fired.

IMO

I won't post anything again that contradicts the ME, even if it was just an opinion. To say that there is a rule everyone must agree with every Expert Witness or anyone that was at the crime scene. well, ok.

That's not how crimes are solved, that is not how anyone gets at the truth.

Again, I won't say another word about the ME.

Dr Spitz comes up with loony tune opinions.

Dr Horn is more of a no nonsense ME would takes his job very seriously.

IMO

Plus, the ME is not an expert retained by either side. He has no stake in the outcome of the case.

If Travis was laying face up on the bathroom floor i cannot picture where JA would have been standing in order to shoot him consistent with the bullet path.

It will be interesting to hear what she has to say. And then we will hear from the ME again, for sure if he disagrees. jmo

I won't post anything again that contradicts the ME, even if it was just an opinion. To say that there is a rule everyone must agree with every Expert Witness or anyone that was at the crime scene. well, ok.

I think this particular crime has been solved... Just waiting for the guilty verdict

That's not the rule :)

Like you, my "own" theory is that the gunshot was first because that makes sense to me, despite what the ME said. I also don't think the ME has an agenda or is a hired gun for the State -- I just think these circumstances may be an anomaly and are not amenable to a certain medical determination because of the decomposition.

Regarding the comment some saw at another site about a complaint about jury misconduct (that turned out to be a false allegation), does anyone know how long ago that may have allegedly happened? Thursday or Friday, or longer ago?

Are there any other sources verifying that information? (Mainstream media?)

TIA.

She could not have shot him if he was laying on his right side. Right?

Imagine he was laying on his left side - seems if she shot him in this position the bullet would have had a clean right to left trajectory. This assumes she stood directly over him whenthe shot was fired if so, the bullet would not have had the downward path unless maybe she was squatting when she shot him?

Iirc wasn't there a ME ( on tv) that said the bruises on his legs looked as if he were repeatedly kicked?

Didn't he also have a few slices on his legs?

Usually a bullet is bought for the type of caliber gun you have.

Now we do have a .357 magnum that we can use .38 bullets in it or .357 bullets.

Why do you ask if I may ask?

IMO

I know nothing about guns. A lot of posts on these threads have talked about .25 calibre guns which I assume means the kind of bullets they use? I hear testimony about guns a lot and have no clue what they are talking about. As my brother was murdered with one, I have never wanted to even inquire about them. You seem so knowledgeable and "safe" to ask. In my career, I have only seen the damage they do when used on a person and the ensuing heartbreak. You are very kind to answer my questions. As I will never own one or shoot one, I was trying to understand about them. Thank you for helping me and others understand.

I dont think she shot him in the shower.

She shot him in the area where the bullet casing was found on top of already spilled blood. A .25 will eject the casing out about two-three feet from where she was standing holding the gun when she fired.

IMO

In your opinion, what would have been the relative positions of Jodi and Travis when she shot him in the bathroom?

I just cannot imagine how the shot could have happened, given the trajectory, other than from the positions they were in when Travis was last seated in the shower.

I really wish someone could convince me because I would be more comfortable agreeing with the ME lol

She could not have shot him if he was laying on his right side. Right?

Imagine he was laying on his left side - seems if she shot him in this position the bullet would have had a clean right to left trajectory. This assumes she stood directly over him whenthe shot was fired if so, the bullet would not have had the downward path unless maybe she was squatting when she shot him?

His head easily could have been facing the wall.

Like you, my "own" theory is that the gunshot was first because that makes sense to me, despite what the ME said. I also don't think the ME has an agenda or is a hired gun for the State -- I just think these circumstances may be an anomaly and are not amenable to a certain medical determination because of the decomposition.

Don't you think the ME may have seen decomposed bodies at some point during his 6000 autopsy career. . .and knows what to expect from them? And knows how to examine and state his findings?

In this case, there are three compelling points of evidence the medical examiner testified to, which all point to the gunshot being last:

1. Not enough cranial bleeding.
2. Too much defensive wound bleeding in relation to cranial bleeding.
3. TA would have been rendered unconscious immediately from gunshot wound and therefore unable to cause the defensive wounds to himself.

You could argue the point if only one of these were true, but with all 3, the argument seems so silly.

I believe verified experts can only give an opinion because they were not present at the autopsy. Most ME's are called to the scene and that is part of their determination as to what happened. Just looking at pictures is not the same thing as an ME being on the scene and performing the autopsy. I also think most verified experts would agree with that.

One of the determining factors Dr. Horn stated as to the shot coming last was that there was an absence of blood in the brain matter. Had he been shot first blood would have shown up in the testing. Regardless of what Jodi is saying, Dr. Horn's testing proves otherwise. Dr. Horn is saying Travis had already bled out when he was shot. jmo

Concur Lamb. Just to be clear, I was replying to what the poster said in regards to WS posters.

LOL, now you know you will... It's just what PI's do. My husband had his PI license for over 20 years after retiring from LE. Never stop questioning because the truth is there. And there is nothing wrong with questioning the ME because it's just an opinion. But it will be interesting to see what Jodi has to say. I can also understand why people think she shot him first and I agree it makes the most sense. But the ME is saying no. So let's see whether she tells her story to go along with what the ME is saying. Since both defense and the state seem to agree with the ME she'd be going against what the jury already accepted to say the shot came first. Should be interesting....if we ever get there. At this point Jodi could die of natural causes before she ever gets off that stand. The jury has to be getting tired of her by now. jmo

In transcribing the ME, that Defense lady is crafty. She is trying to trip him up, she does get him to contradict himself, but he is coming back and solidifying his "thoughts" on some things. Juan has not gotten up yet. Love this M.E., calm and collected, I would prefer he was a bit more solid on some things like when this occurred (not 10 years ago, its 4 years ago) Guestimating his age and 6000 autopsies, we might be talking 200 a year. Granted, some take 20 minutes, they are heart attacks or obvious causes of death, so they can do several in a day.

I'm a bit confused as he indicates he never spoke to anyone after the day of the autopsy and does not recollect who was there, but since the report indicates who is present, then he agrees with what he documented.

That's good and bad. Good because it shows he is not having this overly close relationship with the prosecutor.. he did the autopsy, here it is, now you do with it what you have to. Bad because I would like his office or assistants to have prepared him a bit more on the details.

After 28+ years getting a doctor here and there, prepared for a deposition, they are so busy with patients (or autopsies) in this case, I understand that prep time is not always possible. I'm anxious to now get to Juan and see how it goes.

Some "points" are just kind of unclear or way too speculative given what they had to work with after decomp. set in.

Of course Jodi will say Travis was shot first. That makes the killing appear more humane.

Some defense lawyer on tv said that the death penalty is reserved for the worst of the worst murders and therefore, is not appropriate in this case. What? This is one of the most horrific painful murders we've seen in our lives.What is wrong with some of these lawyers????

Also, the portrayal of Jodi Arias as shy and innocent is in direct contradiction to the horrific crime. Even the most courageous of people would not be able to stab another person almost 30 times! Most would stab once or twice (assuming there is no gun and it's in self-defense) and go screaming and running out of the house! I hope the jurors have realized from the start itself that this is all a great big act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23