jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi's not going to let that go, though. Juan must be planning on bring in other evidence to prove it. I'd rather it came from Juan, than during Nurmi's last shot with her.

I don't know what else Juan could bring in, other than ask Jodi if she wrote it. She already admitted that it was her magazine and she gave it to the guard on August 4 to give to Ann Campbell. I guess he could bring in a handwriting expert. There was a pretrial forensic handwriting expert that verified that some writing was Jodi's after comparing it to Jodi's journals. Maybe this is what it was about.

Jodi's going to claim that she did not write the coded messages in the magazines.

You can see the writing is her's because they have her journal. I would think that once it was discovered it was logged in for the time which would cover any tampering by the guards. As if they would do that and lose their jobs. Plus how would they know what to write to Matt??? Makes no sense for her to claim that she did not write it. And even though she tried to imply she didn't write it, JM did not give her the satisfaction of asking her. I love it. jmo

That's what I was getting at, but I didn't ask the question very well.

So she left out that she saw Matt and spent the night with him while she was testifying on direct exam, right? And only mentioned it when asked specifically by Juan?
Yes...this is correct...

Travis called her out as a sociopath. He would have known what to look for and what she was capable of. It is highly unlikely he raised his voice to her to provoke the rage in her. I think Travis tread very softly while around her. We can see the same traits in Darryl. Even on the stand he tread very softly, carefully choosing his words. I think you learn that from being around them. There was one moment on Thursday when she looked at JM and you could see it in her eyes. Terrifying is putting it mildly. If she were to look at me like that I would feel my life was in danger at that very moment. I think Travis saw it more than once and knew not to provoke her when she was present. jmo

Yep! That's the hold she has/had over Matt, I think. Fear!

Very true - why not get it fixed (could say she had no $ or insurance). I think it would be very difficult to cut a tendon to create that severe of a deformity with a kick to the hand - probably nearly impossible. I would guess a doctor could testify that there is a very high probability it is from a cut to the finger. Why not bolster her case by proving it was broken with a simple x-ray? Maybe a juror will ask that logical question.

Jumping up and down! Katie on Monday, tell us how many questions are in that jury box. it is so wonderful having you there for our eyes.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was getting at, but I didn't ask the question very well.

So she left out that she saw Matt and spent the night with him while she was testifying on direct exam, right? And only mentioned it when asked specifically by Juan?

Yep, you're right. Interesting huh? Gotta wonder what she used him for...probably hit him up for cash. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minor, from a lawyer standpoint, why would he say the first part without going into the rest of it? That give her the weekend to come up with another answer? instead of just barely hangin to her what he knew immediately.

Well, keep in mind we are still in the defense case in chief, so right now Juan can only ask Jodi questions - whatever other evidence he has will have to be presented in the rebuttal case. A lot of this may not completely make sense until the rebuttal case when Juan calls additional witnesses to explain these things.

Yep, you're right. Interesting huh? Gotta wonder what she used him for...probably hit him up for cash. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I wonder is whey she didn't want to mention him in her direct exam. In fact, she was very vague about much of the details of the murder trip. I guess that's the way her attorney wanted it.

I don't know what else Juan could bring in, other than ask Jodi if she wrote it. She already admitted that it was her magazine and she gave it to the guard on August 4 to give to Ann Campbell. I guess he could bring in a handwriting expert. There was a pretrial forensic handwriting expert that verified that some writing was Jodi's after comparing it to Jodi's journals. Maybe this is what it was about.

to me it was a dead give away when he showed her the page with the numbers listed in pencil and asked her what these were....and she responded.. "Page numbers"......LOL if she didn't write them, then how did she know they were page numbers....LOL

Those were great!! :floorlaugh:

My favorite part of the day was:

JM "Your memory problems...are these a recent vintage?"

JA "Define recent."

JM "I don't know...since you started testifying?"

:rocker:

Score!!!!! That had to have been a groaning moment for defense. I could see some of those jurors attempting to keep from snickering. jmo

Someone researched it and it turned out to be Suntan lotion. I guess she was hoping, because she was already packed for a vacation, that Travis would change his mind and take her to Cancun with him. I wish he had and left her there. jmo

Oh~snap! She was planning on making him take her!!!!!!

Don't know if any of you remember a post I made about a man I've received unwanted attention from in the last few months. I have an update (which pertains to stalking behavior).

Last contact I made with him was after 6 weeks of unreturned emails and attempts to contact me. I finally made it abundantly clear in a brief email telling him I wished no further contact on any level, no relationship on any level, no friendship and I found his behavior highly inappropriate for a married man. I'd not for one second been attracted to him so any attraction going on was completely one sided. I met him at a workshop and he wanted to be "friends" afterward. I did a few things with him for about 3 weeks until I realized he was a married man with a crush, never wearing a wedding ring and this girl don't play that way.

A week after that final email, he showed up at a concert I was running late in to with my family and he was standing at the door "coincidentally" rushing to the door at the same pace i was to meet me at the same moment. I literally started nearly running and rushed in ahead of him and found my seat.

So...last week when I was working out of town at a seminar (part of the teaching team), he showed up. I suspected he might. So I was ready to ignore him completely . I told all my other instructors I would not be interacting with him and they all had my back. There were over 100 people there so it wouldn't be too hard.

First break he approaches me calling me "katie". That is my nickname and you all know me as that but my real name is "Kathy" and it's what he called me until I started backing away. He knew "katiecoolady" is my sister's nickname for me so started adopting this once he knew I was cutting him off. Sick and manipulative. I never asked him to call me that.

He had overheard me saying our family had recently bought a house in Sedona. This creep literally approaches me with his little wholesome looking persona, calling me "katie" and asking me WHERE our house is. I politely(in front of other students) just said "West Sedona" and turned my head and he literally said "ok so if I get down the hill I turn to the left, then where do I go?". He thought I would give him directions? My co instructor was SHOCKED to hear that. I ignored him completely. He caught me off guard with the first question, not the second.

I teach a side class one evening. So was behind with one other volunteer helping me prepare the room. He left, then came back and went in the bathroom for a long time, came out, approached me again calling me "katie" and asked if he could help. I didn't look up, just said "nope all set". Then I did look up and directly said (this probably wasn't good but I was so incensed at him taking liberties with this private nickname he'd not called me before ) and said sternly, "you know that's not my name right?" he laughed a creepy laugh and said "I know but it's what I like to call you....katiecoolady and all". Me: "it's not my name" Him: "so are you saying you would prefer kathy instead of katie?" Me: Yes, my name is Kathy (head down, stern voice). Him: laughing "ok well I'll try..if I don't forget"

I got up and walked away. I never addressed him again. He kept trying to approach me over the next two days and I would literally turn on my heel and walk away. I have never been so rude to someone in my life so consistently

This man is a married LDS man who looks on the surface as someone who's very wholesome and just wants to learn, wants to help, wants to be of service. He's also very wealthy so I'm sure he is used to usually getting his way.

If he ever contacts me again, I've decided to get a restraining order. I doubt our paths will naturally cross again as we don't have mutual interests other than the workshop I met him in. They have told me they will never allow him back because of his predatory behavior.

It's so insidious how they go about it.

And to ALL of us, let this case be our cautionary tale to NEVER ignore these warning signs and act on them immediately and let ourselves have full permission to be "rude" and set firm boundaries with this kind of entitled, disrespectful, dangerous kind of person.

Edited to add: ALL OF YOU can call me Katie because that's how you've "met" me. That wasn't the case here, he met me in person, called me by my real name, found out my nickname then started using liberties with it once boundaries were set. Creepy!

Katie, this guy is not normal! He would creep anyone out. Making jokes with you about your name, coming onto you, being married, ugh. The fact that he is LDS makes it all worse. Because a person claiming to follow Gods laws should NEVER act in that manner. Please get a restraining order! I too think he is very dangerous.

You can see the writing is her's because they have her journal. I would think that once it was discovered it was logged in for the time which would cover any tampering by the guards. As if they would do that and lose their jobs. Plus how would they know what to write to Matt??? Makes no sense for her to claim that she did not write it. And even though she tried to imply she didn't write it, JM did not give her the satisfaction of asking her. I love it. jmo

When Nurmi redirects, she will probably claim she didn't write it. She said she didn't know when it was written and that she had not seen the writing, so she's clearly going to say she didn't write it. But that's not believable, given the circumstances -- especially with the producer's phone number in there. I am confident that Juan has additional evidence that will drive it home.

Jumping up and down! Katie on Monday, tell us how many questions are in that your box. it is so wonderful having you there for our eyes.

As of now, zero. But I bet there will be some. I can't wait to hear them! and you're welcome!

Hey I gotta split and I hope this doesn't break the rules here but I've been clearing out my pm box and noticed I had quite a few I'd never read.

As you can imagine these court days involve a lot of pm's coming in fast and furious so I missed many of them.

If I never replied to you and you sent me a pm, it's likely that it got deleted without getting read first.

I'm sorry...and please send again!

:seeya:

Jodi's going to claim that she did not write the coded messages in the magazines.

Bet that's what he wants her to do. He'll pull her tail in so many directions she will make mistakes and he will nail every one.

Lamb Chop thank you. I missed the last few minutes on Thursday due to a phone call but I had no recollection seeing that question from Jodi to JM. That is great! Cannot wait for Monday now. And then did you see where Katiecoollady told us that JM has some evidence in a brown wrapping he took to his desk? Can Darryl be called to testify again since he was already excused? And he also sat in court one day. Maybe JM doesn't need him to testify. And yes, MM would choose his family over jail time. I really hope he didn't forge those letters for Jodi. How stupid is that?

Someone posted she brought back a remote after her visit to the salon. I think what JM was hinting to her was that Darryl knows she had her hair dyed and he can testify to the fact her hair was brown when she returned. My guess, too, is that it was possible his son was home at the time and he may have seen her, too. So when he introduces the proof she had her hair done there isn't much use in her denying it or they will call Darryl back to the stand, which I don't think she wants him back up there for a variety of reasons.

I don't think the rental guy is good witness because he had a copy of her license and she was blond there. I think she was blond but because he had her license it could be argued in closing he was mistaken. jmo

hmmmm...I'm thinking it was before heading to Darry'ls for omelettes for breakfast? But I could easily be wrong on that.

Jodi of course could remember every ingredient in those omelettes but forgets having blood soaked clothing.

On occasion depending on the decibel that someone is talking to her in, her brain scrambles...and thoughts escape through her ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.