jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert, but in my opinion, I think she is purposefully doing this. It is so overboard I find it fake and hope the jury thinks so as well.

You could be right, Brown....hard to say.

If I was a juror, it would effect me because she seems convincing when she defends him.

So they will have the eited audio in addition to the original unedited?

That is my understanding. I think it is stupid and I hope they disregard the redundant exhibit.

I may have bought the self defense, if he had been stabbed once or shot once. The way she butchered him, to me shows pure rage and anger.

This is where I run up against problems with the self-defense theory. Thanks for sharing...

Throughout this trial I have felt moments of empathy for Jodi because unfortunately, she reminds me of me when I was in my 20s. I had no self-esteem and wasted lots of time on guys who didn't love me, doing things I may not have wanted to do because I was desperate for them to want to be with me. I had a Dear Diary mentality and really, emotionally, was like a teenager in many respects. I recognize her behaviors with Travis - if I just do this, he'll realize he needs me, loves me. Fortunately I eventually learned to accept myself and to stop caring what other people think of me (much...I'm still human!)

However, at some point Jodi went over the abyss of reality with her obsession. Was Travis culpable to some extent? Absolutely. Once he started suspecting her of stealing his journals, crawling through the doggy door, slashing his tires, etc., that should have been it. He should have gotten a restraining order instead of continuing a sexual relationship with her.

Having said that, he surely didn't deserve to be murdered for his poor judgement. And I do think this is premeditated murder. If Jodi couldn't have him, no one could. I don't wish her dead, because I don't agree with the death penalty, but I look forward to a life sentence without possibility of parole.

I think many people can relate to her at a very basic level (wanting somebody else who makes it clear they don't want you). Geez, I'm in my 40's now and I'm pretty certain if I was dating and a guy wasn't into me anymore, I'd just think good riddance, I don't have time for this nonsense. However, back in my 20's, I remember many sleepless nights crying in my pillow, commiserating with my friends obsessively, etc. Most people have felt the pain and loneliness of a broken heart. It's life. It's been going on for centuries I assume.

OK, sorry....maybe that is so.

I have been used before so I can relate in part...and I hated myself for allowing it and for participating in it. For that, I have compassion.

People here are mercilessly cruel. To say, "Die *****!" is horrible for anyone to say to another human being...especially here at Websleuths. It shouldn't be allowed and I'm horrified. That makes us, in some regard, as no better than those who do these heinous things we see here day in and day out.

I hurt for both families. Its terrible that Travis died as he did. No doubt he used Arias. She let it happen and didn't stop it. Did she kill him out of jealousy? Perhaps. It seems logical. But they had been broken up and she was moving away...so why would she be so jealous at this point? Its very sad all around.

No outcome will fix anything. Alexander cannot come back and Arias will pay with her life...whether alive or dead. I do not think Arias will receive the death penalty....but what do I know...
Its very discouraging to see humanity in this state. I'm more disappointed in the bashing I see here than anything else. After hundreds of posts and countless cases over several years, I have rarely seen such.

I think there's a few things at play here causing such emotional driven posts..
First MANY women have been in situation/relationship where we have had more feeling than man did and eventually we realize we are used. There could be compassion for the woman

BUT idk how much testimony you've seen/read It's her actions AFTER their brief 5 month relationship..

And after watching all being said on stand it's become clear that JA most likely has personality disorder Borderline or Narcissistic with sociopathic tendencies.

She has given every detail of their sex life & drug the victim & his religion thru the mud with no cause. Appears to have recorded him w/out permission & used against him.

Frankly.. I don't see issue with their exchanges text/phone about sex idk if this would even be an issue if he wasn't Mormon.. I even told my male friend holy chit I don't ever want any of our texts or pics on NG in split screen :floorlaugh:

And those of us that had heavy handed parents as kids, lousy picks men & been in DV situations can't handle crying abuse when appears to have went into a selfish rage she didn't get what she wanted TA that ended in murder & slander.. JMO
sorry sure way too late post this bombarded with phone calls but had to put :twocents:

Due to multiple conference calls I was unable to keep up today and just caught up with this latest thread... my only question, I know Fognesia was trademarked...is Fognication still available??? :D

Her compassion for Travis? She allowed him to use her for sex. She was crazy about him. Perhaps this sent her over the edge...I don't know.

I have compassion for Travis. I feel terrible about the crime. I am not sure why he continued to see Arias if he didn't care for her.

I will say this, if it wasn't self defense then I feel sure it was pre-meditated.

Shefner, I told you in my first reply. You have every right to your opinion. I just respectfully disagree with you. TA wasn't perfect, not likely someone I may have had an interest in. But Jodi used him in more ways than he used her...for trips, for money, for his lifestyle. I would say she sucked the life out of him before she slaughtered him. And bynthe way, if everyone killed someone who had used them, pray tell who would be left standing? Not an excuse for murder. Nah, I won't say murder. It was a slaughter. I don't think she was crazy about him but I do think she is crazy.

I wonder if these jurors get a lifetime pass on future service after this is all over....

They certainly deserve it. I would be burned out of jury duty by now.

ITA with you both!

Further, regardless of the verdict :what: , if I were a prosecutor or a def. atty, I don't think I would want one of them on one of my murder 1st trial juries after this thing is over -- or until we experience the end of the world, whichever comes first....

I do hope we hear comments from some of the jurors.... oh, I do. But IMO, if I were on that jury, I think I would run from anyone wanting anything from me on this case. Talk about O.D. in the 1st Degree. <smh>

What time does court start tomorrow? ("Green Witch" time)

To me, it sounds like a sociopath saying what she has to say to keep her out of the death chamber. Again, it's the words. The words sound like an abuse victim, but that is because she has learned and practiced what she has to say to sound like an abuse victim. I'm not buying it.

What happens if one strong person buys it?

Hmm....

I may have bought the self defense, if he had been stabbed once or shot once. The way she butchered him, to me shows pure rage and anger.

And theres all the evidence of premeditation .... It can't be premeditated AND self defense.

Everyone is criticizing Nurmi and his defense tactics but I'm a little concerned that he might be as dumb as we all thought <modsnip> (Baez) was. Who would have thought that Baez could get Casey an acquittal? Certainly not me. But he did!

You could be right, Brown....hard to say.

If I was a juror, it would effect me because she seems convincing when she defends him.

Defends the man she dragged through the mud every chance she got with zero corroboration!? Painting him as a sexual deviant that forced her into sex, physically abused her and masturbated to images of little boys? Seriously? Have you seen all the crime scene pictures of exactly what she did to her "love"?

I have watched it and it does make me pause, Pink Potion. Her demeanor is very disturbing throughout.

My mother and I have both been interested crime for many years. She is in her 60's and I am in my 40's. We both feel the same. Very uncanny.

I find Arias more likable than I thought I would. If I look at this case without anything but what I have seen in the court, I have no doubt that I could not agree to the death penalty.

She offered to plead to 2nd degree for life in prison. Prosecution declined. Not sure that was wise. But heck, what do I know?

Thanks for your kind interest in what I have to say though...even if we disagree about things. I find your respect refreshing...as I am sure other quiet posters who agree with me appreciate also.

Thank you for your reply!

Throughout this trial I have felt moments of empathy for Jodi because unfortunately, she reminds me of me when I was in my 20s. I had no self-esteem and wasted lots of time on guys who didn't love me, doing things I may not have wanted to do because I was desperate for them to want to be with me. I had a Dear Diary mentality and really, emotionally, was like a teenager in many respects. I recognize her behaviors with Travis - if I just do this, he'll realize he needs me, loves me. Fortunately I eventually learned to accept myself and to stop caring what other people think of me (much...I'm still human!)

However, at some point Jodi went over the abyss of reality with her obsession. Was Travis culpable to some extent? Absolutely. Once he started suspecting her of stealing his journals, crawling through the doggy door, slashing his tires, etc., that should have been it. He should have gotten a restraining order instead of continuing a sexual relationship with her.

Having said that, he surely didn't deserve to be murdered for his poor judgement. And I do think this is premeditated murder. If Jodi couldn't have him, no one could. I don't wish her dead, because I don't agree with the death penalty, but I look forward to a life sentence without possibility of parole.

Restraining orders are not 100% effective with crazy people though. And, I assume, men are less likely to believe a woman is a threat than if it was a woman with a crazy ex.

Shefner, I told you in my first reply. You have every right to your opinion. I just respectfully disagree with you. TA wasn't perfect, not likely someone I may have had an interest in. But Jodi used him in more ways than he used her...for trips, for money, for his lifestyle. I would say she sucked the life out of him before she slaughtered him. And bynthe way, if everyone killed someone who had used them, pray tell who would be left standing? Not an excuse for murder. Nah, I won't say murder. It was a slaughter. I don't think she was crazy about him but I do think she is crazy.

Thanks for your honest response...

She does have problems and we can certainly agree on that!

To this day, Jodi admits Travis was a great person...and that she loves him.

This sounds like an abuse victim.

But I need some expert information....

That's the way he's being set up- with all the characteristics of an abuser, textbook, really. He's being set up as a Jekyll/Hyde character, possibly disordered. Meanwhile, she's set up as someone with Stockholm Syndrome, loving her abuser at all costs. This is typical of the disordered, to turn the tables and make the victim look like they're crazy. And typical of this defence which is in sync with the killer, to set up Travis within the framework of domestic violence and mental/deviant issues. The set up is all for the sake of the coming experts.

The one thing I will say...no piece of paper would have stopped her. Tracey Thurman, for instance, found this out the hard way. Many people think it is so easy..."oh just do xyz and they will leave you alone." Sadly, that isn't true for many people. The amount of rage and anger she has..I don't honestly know if anything would have stopped her. Slow her down maybe. Stop? I really don't know.

Sadly, I think by the time many people are driven to "get that piece of paper" the other person is already so angry, the restraining order just makes them angrier. Or they're nuts to begin with. There are too many people killed by someone who ignored that piece of paper.

I have watched it and it does make me pause, Pink Potion. Her demeanor is very disturbing throughout.

My mother and I have both been interested crime for many years. She is in her 60's and I am in my 40's. We both feel the same. Very uncanny.

I find Arias more likable than I thought I would. If I look at this case without anything but what I have seen in the court, I have no doubt that I could not agree to the death penalty.

She offered to plead to 2nd degree for life in prison. Prosecution declined. Not sure that was wise. But heck, what do I know?

Thanks for your kind interest in what I have to say though...even if we disagree about things. I find your respect refreshing...as I am sure other quiet posters who agree with me appreciate also.

I am just wondering if you watched the cross by Juan Martinez in its entirety? Much of the time she is defiant, she calls him out on being wrong, for confusing her, for talking in circles, that his posture/tone of voice is "scrambling her brain", etc. To me, asserting yourself like that and having those kind of balls against a loud mouthed, authoritative figure that is Juan Martinez, the prosecutor, is 100% not in-line with being a meek abuse victim.

Also, she has admitted to confrontation with a woman she believed an ex-boyfriend was cheating on her with. In fact, she drove like 1.5 hrs without telling the ex-boyfriend or the other girl to confront this woman at night.. creepy and not the actions of a weak woman IMO. She was confrontational with an ex-boyfriend when she snooped through his emails, found incriminating ones and then printed them and confronted him with them.

I have a lot of compassion for TA.. I had an exboyfriend who is so similar to JA. He broke up with me (JA broke up with TA), and he did not harass and stalk me until he found out I had a new boyfriend. I truly did not do anything wrong to him besides moving on after he broke up with me. He began harassing me, stalking me and attempting to make my life hellish, I was scared for my life for nearly a year, and when I think about what he has said and the fact he only lives ~8 minutes away from me, I am still scared. I tried to get the police to help but they did nothing for me. I tried ignoring him to get him to leave me alone, I tried being friendly and "just friends" via email to try and appease his desire for contact but he would ALWAYS cross the line in some way, and I tried being insulting and tell him exactly how crazy he was, and it didn't work. Nothing worked! I even sent him the NYS law regarding harassment and things to try and scare him into leaving me alone. Even after the police went to his house to talk to him he still harassed me. He could not accept I moved on, that was not his plan for me. So yeah, I was hurt by a man and I have compassion in this case but it is for the MAN in this sad story. JA treated TA like a prize to be won and used the flaws she knew he had (sex, it seems) to manipulate him.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member