jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #47 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnM

LynnM New Member

You are exactly right. I was much struck early in her defense testimony about how she was fine with Travis supposedly using her for sex that didn't appeal to her but she freaked out with jealousy because a drunken woman started to hang all over him and Travis was amused about it instead of immediately pushing her away. That was very telling.

2. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

She never got emotional in any of her flores interviews... that is where you also saw the cunning come out to play. She is not going to show emotion up there now... because Juan is going to mix it up so she cannot plan it like an event like she did with the defense.

:twocents:

3. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

IMHO...

You can't question a psychopath's account, obviously disbelieving it, without getting under their skin. They don't like people not automatically falling for tips and tricks they've literally spent their whole lives honing.

Especially when those ploys have always worked prior. JME

4. mahmoo

mahmoo Active Member

I get the sense her own attornies are rather mesmerized by the banter between Arias & Martinez ... I know I am. It's fascinating to get a glimpse into the world, mind and thought process of someone like Arias. She has such a 'menacing air' about her ... it gives me the creeps.

5. SoCalBuck

SoCalBuck New Member

I think Juan's strategy is to restore Travis' reputation to the jury first, based upon all the lies she has told on the stand. That is the basis for her defense and I think Juan feels compelled to do that for the family.

Once the lies have been exposed, then he can begin tearing her apart based on the actual events that transpired on 6/4/08

6. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

What a piece of work. Incorrigible, obstinate, inveterate liar who totally rejects and refuses to acknowledge the truth. I can just imagine what her parents and teachers were put through when she was younger, oppositional-defiant disordered delinquent from hell. Now, a fully developed psychopath, imo.

7. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

WOW, I watched a few minutes of the trial on my phone and JA is one arrogant piece of work. I do think that she is getting under Juan's skin though.

Dang, how many pairs of glasses does she have? I only have one pair.

Please God, let her come crashing down!!!

8. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

She wasn't shaking like a leaf, looking scared, fearful, weak. She was arrogant haughty deliberately making things difficult and I believe rather enjoying herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

Tell him you were wondering the same thing, and to let you know when hes done making it......:floorlaugh:

10. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Insanity?

11. Mormon Attorney

Mormon Attorney Verified Attorney

For most of us, like much about court, it is learning "trial by fire." When I have had cases where I suspected a narcissist, I did a lot of research which was extremely helpful. JM is doing great with her. Other attorneys may have had specialized training offered, but I think it comes with experience. JM has certainly had a lot of experience in this area, too.

12. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

BBM

What? What'd I say?! :dunno:

BBM

Semantics games is a perfect description.

13. G&AMom

G&AMom Verified Mikette

ITA. This is not how I would have played it, but I'm not a prosecuting attorney! IMO he is doing a good job of showing how ridiculous all her stories are and will easily pull it all together at his summation. Plus when the DV expert testifies, he can "ask" her if Jodi's behavior when he questioned her was consistent with being a battered woman. Which would be NO.

14. Gypsy Road

Gypsy Road Well-Known Member

Thanks just wasn't enough!

You are ON POINT!!!! If Jodi was a man, nobody would have a problem with JM's aggressive style!!!

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

This is her "mark my words, no jury will convict me" persona.

16. lmkag96

lmkag96 New Member

Don't forget that she's had NOTHING else to do for the last four years except come up with lies and try to fit them into the details. I'm sure she has focused on perfecting those lies and prepare for any question that could possibly be asked. I'm sure JM had other cases to work on.

17. TotallyObsessed

TotallyObsessed New Member

I guess it goes without saying Juan has declared her a HOSTILE WITNESS.

18. zambonizam

zambonizam New Member

Why isn't the judge admonishing her to answer yes or no? Or saying to her "get to the point", "lets speed this up".
    I may be clueless on this and the judge can't say anything. IDK.
    Seems I've seen plenty of trials where the judge said these exact things.

19. carnnell

carnnell New Member

I came back from the drs office (of all days wouldn't you know) just as the troops were back from lunch. I am "sooo" glad there is a diary to confront her otherwise it would round and round we go. No wonder Travis got mad geeeeeeeeeez.. I would probably become homicidal too deal with Jodi and her passive aggressive verbiage. *screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam*. I feel better.. Thanks all.. Glad you didn't hear it just read it.. lol

20. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

I'm going to puke.....why does anyone think Travis doesn't deserve to have a fierce advocate?? He's been accused of being a disgusting pedophile!! :furious: And JM is being too hard on his accuser?? Travis had his throat slit ear to ear. And JM should be gentler with the one who wielded the knife??

Maybe I'm wrong and all sympathy and compassion is with Jodi. I won't be that surprised, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.