Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse, in the other threads we had tags for the posts that dealt with the transcripts......should that be done for this thread as well? If so I can work on that, but I have a question, do I just put (for example) #5 for the post number and will it go to that post?

so, has any heard that they found JA's clothes and or shoes she wore that day or did they disappear like the knife and gun?

After seeing the map someone posted, showing what appears to be a side trip thru Nevada, I wondered if our "girl genius" thought she would dispose of the gun and her clothing in Nevada so as to avoid it being found. It's a straight shot up I-15 from Phoenix to SLC. She might have thought LE would look for those items between Phoenix and SLC and never think to look in Nevada. She does have those receipts from Sparks and Winnemucca. I kept thinking, "Why in the world was she in Nevada? It is so out of the way if she needed to get to Ryan's in SLC to provide an alibi." And she was late in showing up at Ryan's.

A non-important but annoying observation: Why is Jodi always writing with a stub of a pencil that barely fits her hand?

Maybe she has already acquired a couple of jailhouse habits.
icon10.gif

For JSR...........the "hottie" from today

Special Agent Nathan Mendes

krmzd.png

thanks to those who posted the pics earlier!

Well, why yes I concur with the hottie designation associated with this young man. Extremely handsome and I'm not just saying that because he closely resembles my husband :)

My husband has a different nose but otherwise he looks like he could be my husband's brother!

Slightly OT but somewhat related to this case: I'm only on page 11 of this thread and LOLing at all the drooling over the hot detective from Yreka who testified this morning. (And yes, he is).

Back in 2011 there was a murder trial in my area and I attended some of it. One of the detectives was very handsome (I had noted this a couple years before the trial started when I saw his pictures). Anyway, once he got on the stand during the trial some of the ladies of WS started referring to him as "Detective McDreamy." I too started to call him that online.

Wellllll....turns out some of the county courthouse personnel were reading updates on WS and saw that and were only too happy to share the new nickname with the detective and all his LE coworkers. He got teased and teased for it by his fellow detectives--face turned bright red every time (which only made him cuter, IMO). He opined it must be a "bunch of grade school girls saying that," and I assured him in no uncertain terms it was most definitely not and these were grown women, some perhaps old enough to be his mom.

The chief of police (female) also knew about the comments and agreed with this assessment (she and I spoke at a party and she was aware of these comments and was amused, to say the least). I had joked for a few years before the case went to trial that I wanted him as my lawn boy and it turns out she had read that. :blushing: I told the hot detective it was all in good fun and his LE cohorts were just jealous. I'm not sure how his wife felt about it--I think he was teased from all sides.

Soooo...you never know who is reading and how it might get reported back. As I told that detective, "there are certainly worse things to be called in life than "handsome" or a "hottie" and perhaps the next step was a People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive" cover. Hehehehe.

I'll vote for our ME for People magazine. His smarts make him way sexier than some of the vapid Hollywood people out there.l

So it's the suffering, not 'what came first'? Thanks for clearing that up. :seeya:

That's what the investigator kept saying when the DT kept asking him essentially the same question over & over (certainly to set things up for the mistrial request).

What else ya got, DT? And how will it be till we find out?

No…you are NOT wrong. I was a R.E. broker in both California and Arizona and the "law" is full disclosure.

I live in a tiny town in Texas. We had moved from So. Calif. Here, murders occuring in private residences do NOT have to be disclosed. DH and I learned the hard way. A few years before we bought the house, a man strangled his girlfriend to death in the upstairs bedroom. Shortly after we moved here, we went to the post office to set up a PO box and the nice old lady postal worker asked us in a whisper if we knew that there had been a murder in our house. No, we did not! My husband turned white as a ghost. When I flew to TX from CA to look at houses he had joked with me to not buy a house that was haunted. We were looking at old Victorian houses. Ours is around 100 years old but not one of those fabulous, fancy Victorians. So old house ups the creep factor of the murder.

Since it is a small town, I just popped into the Police Dept. to get the 411.
I called our real estate lady and she said she had no idea there had been a murder in the house. I didn't believer her because news travels fast around here and it was a death penalty case. On second thought DP cases in TX are not than unusual LOL. I called the TX real estate board and they told me a seller does not have to disclose a murder.

A neighbor told me that I did not have to worry about the house getting broken into because alot of the locals (who might otherwise break in) were scared of the house. So, I live in the local "Death House"!

Message from Angela Arias on the support page for Arias:

"Just wanted to say thankyou to all the people who are supporting my family.. it is nice to know that there are still decent people out there... I have been getting harrassed and threatened by people I don't even know because of this. So thankyou!"

bobloblaw - Was that the detective that got in trouble somehow for posting on this forum? I remember that story vaguely and thought it was CA case, but not positive.

I live in a tiny town in Texas. We had moved from So. Calif. Here, murders occuring in private residences do NOT have to be disclosed. DH and I learned the hard way. A few years before we bought the house, a man strangled his girlfriend to death in the upstairs bedroom. Shortly after we moved here, we went to the post office to set up a PO box and the nice old lady postal worker asked us in a whisper if we knew that there had been a murder in our house. No, we did not! My husband turned white as a ghost. When I flew to TX from CA to look at houses he had joked with me to not buy a house that was haunted. We were looking at old Victorian houses. Ours is around 100 years old but not one of those fabulous, fancy Victorians. So old house ups the creep factor of the murder.

Since it is a small town, I just popped into the Police Dept. to get the 411.
I called our real estate lady and she said she had no idea there had been a murder in the house. I didn't believer her because news travels fast around here and it was a death penalty case. On second thought DP cases in TX are not than unusual LOL. I called the TX real estate board and they told me a seller does not have to disclose a murder.

A neighbor told me that I did not have to worry about the house getting broken into because alot of the locals (who might otherwise break in) were scared of the house. So, I live in the local "Death House"!

Wow! Cheaper than a burglar alarm! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member