John in the spotlight

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2870239,00.html

"Charlevoix Women to Publish Guide to Web Sites."

That was the modest headline way back on page 13 this week of the Charlevoix Courier, the local newspaper, which has a sailboat as part of its masthead.

The upbeat business story is accompanied by a picture of the featured business' three smiling partners; most prominent, seated in front, is Patsy Ramsey.

Particularly notable about the story, perhaps, is what it leaves unstated.

It doesn't mention that she and her husband once were placed by Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner under an "umbrella of suspicion" in JonBenet's murder - or even that there was a JonBenet, who once collected a beauty pageant crown right in this little town.

The article doesn't touch on the subject of cancer, either. Patsy Ramsey battled ovarian cancer three years before JonBenet's death in 1993 and was treated for its recurrence in 2002.

Patsy Ramsey confirmed that it has again returned during an appearance last month at a luncheon for cancer survivors and their supporters in Huntington, W. Va., and did so again in an interview Friday.

"I've been dealing with this since Burke was in second grade," she said. "Every time it raises its head, we just need to swat it down again."

The local paper's story doesn't even mention the identity of her husband, the man whose campaign office is currently located in the same nondescript office space as Patsy Ramsey's latest venture, WebBook, which specializes in Web site development for local businesses.

The most interesting part of this article for me is the fact that we have been told umpteen times that John and Patsy are computer illiterate in many ways, don't go on the internet, and let's not forget that they have been criticized even by their most ardent supporters that they took down a family website for tips on JonBenet in addition to any reward. Now we have Patsy in business to create WEBSITES for BUSINESSES and her own business to do it with. We have been having the RST tell us forever that they don't read the forums because they don't even own a computer; that maybe Burke has one, but the Ramseys don't. :banghead:

Nah, nothing hinky here. I guess she's a quick study!

As he signed campaign letters to his potential constituents Thursday afternoon, there were no photographs visible of JonBenet.

Missing were physical vestiges of any kind of the tragic event that made her name known, remarkably, throughout the world.

But in plain view there was a Holy Bible. There are two framed pictures of the sailboat he has since sold, "Miss America."

He has chosen instead to keep pictures of his BOAT

This is a man who used to keep a shrine of his daughter Beth in his bathroom. NOT EVEN A PICTURE OF HIS WIFE OR ANY OF HIS OTHER CHILDREN, AND NOW GRANDCHILDREN!

His BOAT?????? That he doesn't even own anymore?????

The article also contained this one-two punch by Candy. Nice job!:

A claim of being 'cleared'
Any political campaign generates letters to the editors of the local papers, and the mail on Ramsey already has started.

The heading on an April 26 letter in the Lansing State Journal read "Ramsey suspect."

It quoted from the Nov. 26, 2001, deposition of Boulder Police Chief Beckner, taken in the federal lawsuit filed by Boulder journalist Chris Wolf, who sued the Ramseys for naming him as a suspect in JonBenet's murder. That lawsuit was dismissed on summary judgment by U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes of Atlanta on March 31, 2003.

In that ruling, Carnes said that, based on her review of evidence submitted by lawyers for the Ramseys and Wolf, it was more likely that JonBenet was killed by an intruder than by Patsy Ramsey, as Wolf had alleged.

The letter to the editor quoting Beckner's deposition, sent by Mary McAuliffe of Okemos, Mich. - the town where John Ramsey grew up - contained this exchange between the police chief and an attorney.

"Internally, John and Patsy are considered suspects," Beckner testified.

"Both of them?"

"Yes."

"Are considered to have probably been involved in the death of their daughter?"

"Probability, yes."

"Has anyone else ever attained that status of probably involved?"

"No."

McAuliffe's letter concluded by pointing out, as several legal observers in Colorado did at the time of Carnes' ruling, that the federal judge had not reviewed the entire 40,000-page criminal file, only the documents and evidence made available by the civil case lawyers.

Beckner this week did not return calls seeking comment about the Ramsey campaign.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2870239,00.html

-----
But Keenan never said the Ramseys would be excluded from further scrutiny.

Ramsey's campaign literature, in summing up his life and career, carries a bullet-point which reads, "Finally cleared by Federal Judge and District Attorney."

Keenan, contacted Friday, declined comment on the contention in Ramsey's campaign literature that he has been cleared by her office.

She also declined to comment on Ramsey's remark last week to a Michigan reporter that prosecutors have told him "we have the killer's DNA."

-----

Looks like John may have to remove that bullet from his campaign literature.

IMO

She also declined to comment on Ramsey's remark last week to a Michigan reporter that prosecutors have told him "we have the killer's DNA."

But that hasn't stopped them and the RST from pointing fingers at those whose DNA has been tested and shown NOT to be a match!

This campaign may be the best thing to happen for this case.

Now you're playing with those who really ARE politically connected. Maybe someone with real clout will bring all their lies to the forefront.

Now that he is officially a public figure, the lawsuits could stop and the money train will end. Maybe they will have to rely on real jobs to make a living.

See John run.

Run John run.

See John win.

Win John win.

Victory! cleanses the soul.

Victory! John Victory!

BrotherMoon said:
See John run.

Run John run.

See John win.

Win John win.

Victory! cleanses the soul.

Victory! John Victory!

MOON You sound like a 1st grader.

Grow on up there buddy :D

SisterSocks said:
MOON You sound like a 1st grader.
Grow on up there buddy :D
Yeah MOON, get rid of the stooopid little girl graphic in your signature line. We're all tired of looking at your immaturity... :sick:

Shylock said:
Yeah MOON, get rid of the stooopid little girl graphic in your signature line. We're all tired of looking at your immaturity... :sick:

I never tire of my immaturity. I just wanted to share.

Keenan's a chickensh*t! What a coward.....shaking in her shoes over Woody suing. The fearless DA has no intentions of 'soiling' her hands by telling the truth...John and Patsy are suspects like everyone else.

I'm surprised Johnny boy's campaign slogan isn't : Vote for me or I'll sue you.

Yeah, Barbara....the Ramsey's have embraced computers again....but forget about making it your life's mission, find the killer of your child, using a computer.

Somehow when it comes to a website which may help find the killer of your daughter...the Ramsey's can't manage it. Some one else sets up the websites.

But...when it comes to making money, ho-boy, those Rams can start more businesses than you can imagine.

John is a FRAUD!

Show Me said:
I'm surprised Johnny boy's campaign slogan isn't : Vote for me or I'll sue you.

LOL, Show Me. You nailed it on the head.

John Ramsey is known more for suing people than any sort of alleged business acumen.

I wonder why he's giving up such a lucrative lawsuit career? Hmmm, could it be the "cash cow" named Burke is getting ready to turn 18, and there won't be any more "minor" lawsuits to milk?

Yep. Time to get a "real" job, honey. Nah, too much work. I think I'll just run for office instead.

IMO

BrotherMoon said:
Charlie Brennan has the patience of a crocodile.

"Evil struck their home." How quaint.

Evil is now in Charlevoix.

:confused:There is Evil everywhere......... ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back