John Mark Karr to go free

jubie

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now on CNN.com

John Mark Karr is to go free if he pleads guilty to two of the five charges aginst him. :eek:

So how long before he actually murders a child? I say within a year.

This stinks, he is one of the creepiest men I've ever seen.

Jubie

This is surely a joke?

Whoever made this decision should be charged with child neglect and child endangerment.

OMG, you know that on the streets he will be a marked "man". I wonder if he will last a week on the streets....... For the protection of children he should be in prison, but following the public govement orchastrated fiasco, I am suprised that they do not keep him locked up tight.

The DA has offered the plea deal and they're waiting for his lawyer to reply. He will be on probation for three years.

This is wrong!! :mad:

Jubie

angelwngs said:
OMG, you know that on the streets he will be a marked "man". I wonder if he will last a week on the streets....... For the protection of children he should be in prison, but following the public govement orchastrated fiasco, I am suprised that they do not keep him locked up tight.
And on the streets he'll provided same protections that us law abiding citizens are afforded. Just really burns my *advertiser censored* that justice isn't being served here:furious:

At the risk of sounding flip and catty, can I get a first class plane trip somewhere then if I confess to a crime that I didn't commit? Should I start planning a vacation now? This makes me sick.

Now on CNN.com

John Mark Karr is to go free if he pleads guilty to two of the five charges aginst him. :eek:

So how long before he actually murders a child? I say within a year.
I know I am going to be flamed for this...BUT...you cannot put a man in prison for crimes he MIGHT commit.

As far as I know, Karr has said a lot of sick things on tape. He has confessed to loathesome fantasies.

But, having fantasies and saying disgusting things is not a crime, no matter how disgusting.

There has been a LOT of publicity about what Karr thinks about doing. Don't you think that the parents of Karr's students and the parents that had children at Karr's day care have not questioned the kids he was watching thoroughly and that IF he had done ANY of the things he has talked about somebody would not have said something by now?????

Yes, he had pictures on his computer. But, I think I read somewhere that those pictures had been sent to him by Wendy H. which makes their significance questionable. If the computer forensic people couldn't dig up more than that from Karr's computer, I think California is lucky to get Karr to confess to anything. If the pictures DID come from the Wendy lady, I think Karr has grounds to argue those charges.

I agree that Karr is a powder keg. But, if you watch the dateline "To Catch a Predator" shows, there are 100's of men out there that are not just fantasizing about our kids. Or talking about it. They are preying on them. Already.

From what I understand being a child predator is not cureable. THOSE men, need to be put away permanently. We at least know what Karr is now. (or at least what he wants to be) The predators from dateline are rabbis, teachers, ministers and there seems to be no end to the number of them.

As for Karr, if his family has any sense, I would think his own words and strange behavior might give them some grounds to put him in some kind of mental facility. Isn't that where people who are delusional and that MIGHT be a danger belong?

In my opinion, prison is for the guys LIKE THE DATELINE PREDATORS that are already out there doing the deed.

Just really burns my *advertiser censored* that justice isn't being served here:furious:
I am sorry to have to say this and know my opinion is controversial.

But, I think, justice WAS served.

The only person who should be blamed for Karr being here and set free on our streets is the Boulder DA.

You do NOT extradite for misdemeanors. And before Mary got involved that was ALL there WAS against Karr.

If it is true that Wendy set him up, there was not much of a case even for those.

Perhaps there is not enough evidence to prosecute for all 5 counts and the DA is going with what they've got.

Maybe it is just better than nothing, which may be what they have. don't know.

Hi Jolynna, I just wrote a post kind of in answer to having read your posts here, but it is on the other Karr thread.

And yes JBean, I agree they are going with what they have. Unfortunately after analyzing the guy in total, I don't think it will be long before they have something solid to bring hium in on, that is if they are able to keep close tabs on his doings without him being aware.

Fat chance, right? I think he's like a bomb waiting to explode!

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi Jolynna, I just wrote a post kind of in answer to having read your posts here, but it is on the other Karr thread.

And yes JBean, I agree they are going with what they have. Unfortunately after analyzing the guy in total, I don't think it will be long before they have something solid to bring hium in on, that is if they are able to keep close tabs on his doings without him being aware.

Fat chance, right? I think he's like a bomb waiting to explode!

Scandi
His family needs to have him committed before he hurts anybody. I could give a rat's *advertiser censored* if he hurts himslef, but I think it's just a matter of time before he hurts a child. And what's not to say that he hasn't already done something and we just don't know about it bc of his globe trotting activities?

Jolynna said:
I know I am going to be flamed for this...BUT...you cannot put a man in prison for crimes he MIGHT commit.

As far as I know, Karr has said a lot of sick things on tape. He has confessed to loathesome fantasies.

But, having fantasies and saying disgusting things is not a crime, no matter how disgusting.

There has been a LOT of publicity about what Karr thinks about doing. Don't you think that the parents of Karr's students and the parents that had children at Karr's day care have not questioned the kids he was watching thoroughly and that IF he had done ANY of the things he has talked about somebody would not have said something by now?????

Yes, he had pictures on his computer. But, I think I read somewhere that those pictures had been sent to him by Wendy H. which makes their significance questionable. If the computer forensic people couldn't dig up more than that from Karr's computer, I think California is lucky to get Karr to confess to anything. If the pictures DID come from the Wendy lady, I think Karr has grounds to argue those charges.

I agree that Karr is a powder keg. But, if you watch the dateline "To Catch a Predator" shows, there are 100's of men out there that are not just fantasizing about our kids. Or talking about it. They are preying on them. Already.

From what I understand being a child predator is not cureable. THOSE men, need to be put away permanently. We at least know what Karr is now. (or at least what he wants to be) The predators from dateline are rabbis, teachers, ministers and there seems to be no end to the number of them.

As for Karr, if his family has any sense, I would think his own words and strange behavior might give them some grounds to put him in some kind of mental facility. Isn't that where people who are delusional and that MIGHT be a danger belong?

In my opinion, prison is for the guys LIKE THE DATELINE PREDATORS that are already out there doing the deed.

I am certainly not going to flame you, that doesn't happen very often here at Websleuths anyway.

I never had any grand hopes of him being locked up forever but in light of his attraction to children and attention seeking actions I had thought he'd do 'some' prison time perhaps with court ordered tests and maybe some therapy.

And I don't think justice will be served if charges are dropped. (My personal point of view)

JBean, good point, there may not be enough to uphold all the charges. I accept he's getting out, But I also strongly believe its only a matter of time before he does something that will get him the attention he got with all the JonBenet hoopla.

Jubie

Jubie

I never had any grand hopes of him being locked up forever but in light of his attraction to children and attention seeking actions I had thought he'd do 'some' prison time perhaps with court ordered tests and maybe some therapy

Being attracted to children, talking about being attracted to children and attention seeking actions are not crimes.

It is sick. It is disgusting. But you cannot convict someone for what you think they are predisposed to do. Only for what they have DONE.

John Karr could only be convicted in California of his former misdemeanors. For whatever reason, the DA there felt that a guilty plea to 2 of the offenses and probation was the best he/she could get with the evidence he/she had.

Should someone who was previously molested by Karr come forward in a state where there is no expired statute of limitations, Karr can be charged & tried wherever that crime was committed.

But, so far, this has not happened.

Karr's family possibly can and SHOULD have him committed for his bizarre statements and behavior.

Personally, I do think justice was served. Because a man who is despised throughout the world, who is not wealthy, and who is as creepy-as-anyone-can-be was judged NOT upon public opinion or even what people think he might be capable of doing, BUT upon the evidence of the misdemeanors he was charged with.

Mary Lacy and Michael Tracey go on with their lives like they have done nothing wrong.

Now, we have this creep on our streets thanks to Lacy.

Mary Lacy does not know the evidence in this case. If she did she never would have given Karr a second look.

She has humilated her office and is a laughing stock of law enforcement around the country.

Our news reported this morning that all the *advertiser censored* evidence against JMK on his computer has been lost. That is probably why they wanted to strke a deal with him.

Trying to get a little something when they have nothing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/15567986.htm

Original evidence missing in John Mark Karr child *advertiser censored* case

Associated Press

SANTA ROSA, Calif. - Sonoma County authorities say they've lost the computer that belonged to one-time JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr and allegedly held the child *advertiser censored* images that he's charged with possessing.

But the missing computer, seized from Karr's home in 2001, was not expected to jeopardize the case against him because authorities had copied the entire hard drive contents and printed out the five illicit images, Sheriff's Department Lt. Dave Edmonds told The Press-Democrat of Santa Rosa on Tuesday

JBean said:
Our news reported this morning that all the *advertiser censored* evidence against JMK on his computer has been lost. That is probably why they wanted to strke a deal with him.

Trying to get a little something when they have nothing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/15567986.htm

Original evidence missing in John Mark Karr child *advertiser censored* case

Associated Press

SANTA ROSA, Calif. - Sonoma County authorities say they've lost the computer that belonged to one-time JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr and allegedly held the child *advertiser censored* images that he's charged with possessing.

But the missing computer, seized from Karr's home in 2001, was not expected to jeopardize the case against him because authorities had copied the entire hard drive contents and printed out the five illicit images, Sheriff's Department Lt. Dave Edmonds told The Press-Democrat of Santa Rosa on Tuesday
OMG, another "Boulder Blunder" or a "California Calamity"??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

All I can say is thank goodness most Americans have seen this man's face and will recognize him as a dangerous pedophile from here on out. Hopefully with the notoriety he's gotten from this case no one will ever leave a child unattended anywhere around this creature ever again.

"The only person who should be blamed for Karr being here and set free on our streets is the Boulder DA."

DAMN skippy!

Makes me want to "accidentally" discharge my weapon!

Nuisanceposter said:
All I can say is thank goodness most Americans have seen this man's face and will recognize him as a dangerous pedophile from here on out. Hopefully with the notoriety he's gotten from this case no one will ever leave a child unattended anywhere around this creature ever again.
in 2 years, a couple of moves, no one will recognize him or pay any attention- Remember that guy out West who chopped off a girls arms with an axe and left her for dead by the side of the road. When he go out of prison, he was hounded for about 2 months- then he moved to Florida , was forgotten and stabbed a lady to death.

How about that guy Durst? Killed his wife, cut the head off his landlord and now he is probably one of your neighbors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back