John Ramsey on "Katie" show?

justbeachy

Reaction score
The TV is running in the background and the "Katie" show is about "Life After Loss." The write-up says that the guests will include the parents of Natalee Holloway, Laci Peterson, Chandra Levy, and JonBenet Ramsey. They haven't actually said John Ramsey, but since Patsy is dead I'm assuming it is him.

Is this old news? I've been out of the loop lately so maybe I'm behind on this.

I've got to run out to pick up my kids from school so I'll just have to record it and watch it later to find out if he is actually going to be on there.

I don't think it's true, because on Katie's website, there's a preview of the episode, and a description and there's nothing about him in it. I think the write-up is just a mistake. It does make me wonder if he was suppose to be on the show, but something happened, and he didn't. It seems odd that he's mentioned in the description for it, which I am assuming is made by the show/network.

The parents on the show today have stories that have haunted us. Their strength inspired us. And their cries for answers brought awareness — in many cases, real change. They are parents who endured tragic loss in some of the most high profile missing persons cases of our time: Laci Peterson’s parents Sharon Rocha and Ron Grantski, Chandra Levy’s mother Susan, Samantha Runnion’s mother Erin and Megan Kanka’s parents Maureen and Richard and Natalee Holloway’s mother Beth. I’ve interviewed each of these moms and dads over the course of my career and often wondered how they’re doing today and how they have been able to move on. Today, we’ll find out. Do you remember these cases? How do you move on after tragedy and loss? Share with me below.

http://katiecouric.com/lets-talk/how-do-you-move-on-after-tragedy-and-loss/

http://katiecouric.com/2014/01/07/life-after-loss-laci-petersons-and-natalee-holloways-families/

ETA: It's on at 3 PM here (half in hour) so I'll put it on then to see.

Hmm. The bit about JonBenet is what is listed on my actual TV guide menu. Maybe he was supposed to and backed out? Who knows. I was a little shocked when I saw it because that's just asking to open up a can of worms again. If I was him (which thank GOD, I'm not!) I'd stay as far away from media as I could get!

I'll record it just in case, but I agree with you. Doubt he will make an appearance.

Thanks!

Hmm. The bit about JonBenet is what is listed on my actual TV guide menu. Maybe he was supposed to and backed out? Who knows. I was a little shocked when I saw it because that's just asking to open up a can of worms again. If I was him (which thank GOD, I'm not!) I'd stay as far away from media as I could get!

I'll record it just in case, but I agree with you. Doubt he will make an appearance.

Thanks!

It's the description on TVGuide.com. It wouldn't surprise me if they give out a description of the show to the Channel Guide people before they even film it. If he did back out, I am intrigued. I wonder if it's possible other parents on the show were upset about him being on the show too, acting like he is no different than them, and didn't feel comfortable with John being there.

I think if the producers asked him to be on the show, that is pretty gross. To have John Ramsey, who was indicted by a Grand Jury in the murder of his daughter, who many, many people feel had something to do with her murder, who did not cooperate with police, who has written two books but doesn't have one website on the case, on the same show as parents who had nothing to do with the brutal murder of their child, is just wrong. It's almost cruel to make the other parents have to share a stage with him, see him on backstage, etc.

I just watched the first few minutes of the show, and nothing about JonBenet, no video of John, etc so it looks like he definitely isn't on it.

I don't think it's true, because on Katie's website, there's a preview of the episode, and a description and there's nothing about him in it. I think the write-up is just a mistake. It does make me wonder if he was suppose to be on the show, but something happened, and he didn't. It seems odd that he's mentioned in the description for it, which I am assuming is made by the show/network.

did he and beth part on good terms?

Maybe they asked him to take a polygraph.

but there are ways to keep two guests apart and separate on a talk show set/backstage, right? if one didn't want to run into the other, that's possible?

but there are ways to keep two guests apart and separate on a talk show set/backstage, right? if one didn't want to run into the other, that's possible?

You're right, there are ways - contracts, green rooms at opposite ends, production assistants, and PR managers. Without them, lives would be lost!

There are definitely ways to keep people apart. However, I think that if your child was murdered, to have to be in the same general area as someone you think killed their own child, or helped to cover it up, and was going to be portrayed as being in the same exact situation you were in would be nauseating.

Anyway, it was just speculation (and hopefulness) on my part that he was planning on doing the show, but had to back out because the other parents complained. For all we know, maybe he was never even asked, maybe he never agreed to do it, etc.

I put JR kind of the same category as OJ Simpson after OJ was acquitted in the criminal trial. Even though OJ was acquitted and innocent in terms of the law, most people saw him for what he was (a murderer) and his reputation was never the same. Likewise with JR, even though his case never went to trial, most people believe he at the very least covered up his daughter's murder and lied to police and see him for what he is, and his reputation is and always will be mud because of it. In his case that is the way it should be, IMO. This man is not innocent. He is disgusting.

There are definitely ways to keep people apart. However, I think that if your child was murdered, to have to be in the same general area as someone you think killed their own child, or helped to cover it up, and was going to be portrayed as being in the same exact situation you were in would be nauseating.

Anyway, it was just speculation (and hopefulness) on my part that he was planning on doing the show, but had to back out because the other parents complained. For all we know, maybe he was never even asked, maybe he never agreed to do it, etc.

Nauseating is a good word for several feelings that the other parents may have had, 'hawkeye, you said it.

Maybe he was scheduled, and some of the other parents threatened to not come on the show with him, etc., and the show 'uninvited' him, saying they had scheduled too many folks for the time of the show and said they were re-scheduling & would have him on in a later program....

Or, any of the other reasons already mentioned...

I would perversely liked to have seen him up there with them -- ouch, slap, bang (figuratively speaking) -- but it would not have been worth it to elevate him to the upper ladder rungs of the other still-and-always grieving & hurting other parents.
icon8.gif

I put JR kind of the same category as OJ Simpson after OJ was acquitted in the criminal trial. Even though OJ was acquitted and innocent in terms of the law, most people saw him for what he was (a murderer) and his reputation was never the same. Likewise with JR, even though his case never went to trial, most people believe he at the very least covered up his daughter's murder and lied to police and see him for what he is, and his reputation is and always will be mud because of it. In his case that is the way it should be, IMO. This man is not innocent. He is disgusting.

Completely agree.....however reading Borndem's post right after reinforces how crazy and divisive this case can be. It's been crazy to watch the release of the GJ findings and see how favorably biased MSM STILL is regarding JR.

the rest of society, not so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back