John Travolta Ready For Takeoff

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
There have been rumours for years: could this be proof positive John Travolta is at least bisexual (his wife and children were apparently on the plane waiting)?

http://socialitelife.com/2006/08/30/john_travoltas_kiss.php
John Travolta kisses a gentleman friend at the airport:

that really isn't a platonic 'European' kiss.

i believe The Scientologists wouldn't approve. i wonder if he'll be taken to task by them as he is one of their poster boys - the other one has of late not been such good publicity. :laugh:

i don't care if he has relationships with men, but i do care he extolls the virtues (are there any virtues?) of the cult and homosexuality isn't one of those virtues the cult tolerates. low on the 'tone scale' apparently:

Hubbard makes it clear that he views homosexuality as an illness or sexual perversion:
Book 2, Chapter 5, Page 120 says, in part:
"The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in dynamic two such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically."
Within his theology the normal Dianetics refers to a human urge to procreate. Hubbard went on to describe homosexuals as very low on his tone scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Scientology

the more celebrities are able to woo the deluded into a life of apparent servitude to Scientology, the more they should be wacked over the head with the real truth.

Guess it just depends on your family dynamics and how comfy you feel with it? I kiss my grandparents, aunts, uncles, mama, daddy, brother, kids, husband and close friends, male and female, on the lips. As do my kids. Heck when you join or leave a family function around here you spend 10 mins just saying hi or bye.

Now my hubby don't smooch on my daddy and brother, but bro and daddy have kissed on the lippers. And I've certainly seen my daddy kiss my grandfather on the lips.

My hubbys family stand 10 feet away from each other and wave, hubby had a lot to get use to with my loud, touchy feely family.

Why is it weird when a man does it and not when a woman does it?

BhamMama said:
Guess it just depends on your family dynamics and how comfy you feel with it? I kiss my grandparents, aunts, uncles, mama, daddy, brother, kids, husband and close friends, male and female, on the lips. As do my kids. Heck when you join or leave a family function around here you spend 10 mins just saying hi or bye.

Now my hubby don't smooch on my daddy and brother, but bro and daddy have kissed on the lippers. And I've certainly seen my daddy kiss my grandfather on the lips.

Perhaps that is his brother?

BhamMama said:

I don't know. and i don't know women who do it. America is a different culture, maybe?

My mom's side of the family has always kissed on the mouth. I read somewhere it was common decades (maybe centuries) ago in the area(s) from which they originated. On the other hand, my dad's family is German/Native American: they say goodbye from a GREEEEAAAAT distance--I think I'm one of the few who hugs my grampa! (I think he secretly likes it!)

I think if your John Travolta or Tom Cruise you can do what ever you want and the scientologists will turn the other cheek.

If there was no tongue involved, it was just a kiss. The thing that caught my eye was that John wasn't wearing his hairpiece. I like it better without.

Jeana (DP) said:
If there was no tongue involved, it was just a kiss. The thing that caught my eye was that John wasn't wearing his hairpiece. I like it better without.

Excellent spot! i agree - he doesn't need the stupid hairpiece! :dance:

BhamMama said:

My hubbys family stand 10 feet away from each other and wave, hubby had a lot to get use to with my loud, touchy feely family.

That's what my husband's family is like...I have NEVER seen them hug or kiss or say "I love you" or anything. My husband is surprisingly affectionate, though...we kiss our children on the lips...I was raised in a family that was very huggy-kissy...I'm also thinking that Travolta is Italian and they are notoriously kissy & demonstrative...however...Hubby took one look at this photo and said something I cannot write here, LOL!!

Sorry, folks, but I think that look in the first photo (before the kiss) looks like a lover rather than a friend. A little too familiar for my taste. Just my opinion, though.

We saw John Travolta at a David Letterman taping a year or so ago. He definitely has some effeminate traits. Of course, not all guys with effeminate traits are gay, though.

nanandjim said:
Sorry, folks, but I think that look in the first photo (before the kiss) looks like a lover rather than a friend. A little too familiar for my taste. Just my opinion, though.

We saw John Travolta at a David Letterman taping a year or so ago. He definitely has some effeminate traits. Of course, not all guys with effeminate traits are gay, though.

True...I have a good friend who is like that...kinda effeminate, emotional, etc...but you do not get in between him and the local university football stadium on game days!! He is NOT gay, but he does come across as kinda girly.

I agree, that kiss looked hinky to me.

I like John Travolta... I don't think he's gay. bisexual? hard to say.. he may just be the type of guy who greets people male or female with a kiss.. :blowkiss:

PaperDoll said:
I like John Travolta... I don't think he's gay. bisexual? hard to say.. he may just be the type of guy who greets people male or female with a kiss.. :blowkiss:
I agree...he is a kind and giving person. I never knew there was even speculation out there regarding his preference in sexual partners!?!?

I like his movies. He seems like a decent enough guy, but he's a scientologist, so there's got to be something wacky about him. I don't care if he's gay, straight, bi or likes to have sex with his house plants. If his wife doesn't mind, why should we?

Jeana (DP) said:
I like his movies. He seems like a decent enough guy, but he's a scientologist, so there's got to be something wacky about him. I don't care if he's gay, straight, bi or likes to have sex with his house plants. If his wife doesn't mind, why should we?
\

LOL Jeana!! My feelings exactly!

I think I would have to draw the line at house plants...

Oh, I almost forgot... has Travolta been in anything decent since Pulp Fiction? I guess we'll have to wait for the Vega Brothers for his 3rd comeback.

GlitchWizard said:
I have always been told to talk to my houseplants. No wonder they still die. I'm all talk and no action.

I've got a service that comes out and waters mine. Maybe they go other stuff, but I'm not there. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

I like him too, I dont think he is gay. He seems totally in Love with Kelly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back