Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard’s friends lived in neighboring apartments, also owned by Depp
......in this amazing top floor of this building, five beautiful apartments and everybody enjoying what Johnny was funding.”

Baruch spoke about how, on May 21, 2016, he found Heard and a group of her friends changing the locks to the apartments. Her marriage to Depp was collapsing.

“Ms. Heard, whose demeanor I would describe at that moment as being very animated and in control, informed me that Mr. Depp had come by the night before and got violent and that she was now changing the locks on all the doors to penthouses 1, 3 and 5.”

Heard’s friends said they were going to stay to “protect Ms. Heard just in case Mr. Depp should come back and get violent again.”

Baruch said he did not see any marks on Heard’s face when she alleged Depp had struck her with a telephone.

“I literally was around 12 inches from her, inspecting her face and I did not see a single mark or evidence of any marks, bruising or swelling of any kind anywhere on her face.”
Johnny Depp's Friend Talks About the Day Amber Heard Changed the Locks - Variety

Heard’s friends lived in neighboring apartments, also owned by Depp
......in this amazing top floor of this building, five beautiful apartments and everybody enjoying what Johnny was funding.”

Baruch spoke about how, on May 21, 2016, he found Heard and a group of her friends changing the locks to the apartments. Her marriage to Depp was collapsing.

“Ms. Heard, whose demeanor I would describe at that moment as being very animated and in control, informed me that Mr. Depp had come by the night before and got violent and that she was now changing the locks on all the doors to penthouses 1, 3 and 5.”

Heard’s friends said they were going to stay to “protect Ms. Heard just in case Mr. Depp should come back and get violent again.”

Baruch said he did not see any marks on Heard’s face when she alleged Depp had struck her with a telephone.

“I literally was around 12 inches from her, inspecting her face and I did not see a single mark or evidence of any marks, bruising or swelling of any kind anywhere on her face.”
Johnny Depp's Friend Talks About the Day Amber Heard Changed the Locks - Variety
That's another funny bit about this whole mess. Johnny was this horrible monster and these "friends" know about it, they know he has been beating Amber but they just... keep living for free on his penthouses. It makes no sense. The fact that they were living in his penthouses for free to begin with is stupid. Amber and her friends are the just the same.

MP Barnaby Joyce has reignited his feud with American stars Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, saying Heard could face perjury charges if she ever decides to return to Australia.
"They're not above the law. That's what annoyed the Australian people so much, this belief that you're some sort of royalty from Hollywood … we don't care about that rubbish," he told 60 Minutes.
The court also heard emails from actress Amber Heard allegedly suggest she knew she was breaking Australian law when she and now ex-husband Johnny Depp smuggled their pet Yorkshire terriers on their private jet.
MP Barnaby Joyce says Johnny Depp's ex-wife Amber Heard could face perjury charges on return to Australia

He argued that his reputation had gone from “Cinderella to Quasimodo in 0.6 seconds”, and that he had lost his lucrative role in Pirates of the Caribbean sequels as a result.
Depp, one of the movies’ most mercurial talents, sued The Sun, until recently Britain’s biggest-selling newspaper, over an opinion column that labelled him a “wife-beater” who had left Heard fearing for her life.
Johnny Depp, the High Court and the reality of fame

He argued that his reputation had gone from “Cinderella to Quasimodo in 0.6 seconds”, and that he had lost his lucrative role in Pirates of the Caribbean sequels as a result.
Depp, one of the movies’ most mercurial talents, sued The Sun, until recently Britain’s biggest-selling newspaper, over an opinion column that labelled him a “wife-beater” who had left Heard fearing for her life.
Johnny Depp, the High Court and the reality of fame
Yep, there we go. I always thought he's biggest problem and what's making him so angry with everything wasn't really losing the money, he was upset about losing the Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't really doubt he would be able to still make bank with his band (if I'm not mistaken, he was in my neck of the woods around the time Amber accused him, and the show was PACKED) and by producing movies.
Do we have anyone saying stuff like he was a nightmare to work with? I can't recall, but I'm under the impression that he's professional and respected when it comes to work, so this has to be a hard pill to swallow.

Yep, there we go. I always thought he's biggest problem and what's making him so angry with everything wasn't really losing the money, he was upset about losing the Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't really doubt he would be able to still make bank with his band (if I'm not mistaken, he was in my neck of the woods around the time Amber accused him, and the show was PACKED) and by producing movies.
Do we have anyone saying stuff like he was a nightmare to work with? I can't recall, but I'm under the impression that he's professional and respected when it comes to work, so this has to be a hard pill to swallow.

He’s admitted to all his downfalls, everything but is standing up against being called an wife beater.

Johnny Depp has admitted excessive drinking, drug-taking and trashing hotel rooms, but denied accusations by his former wife Amber Heard that he had been violent towards her in his libel battle against the Sun, which has accused him of being a “wife-beater”.

Lawyers for Depp said the accusations of violence made by Heard were “invented” and he strenuously denied that he had ever been violent towards her.
Johnny Depp admits heavy drinking but denies abuse of Amber Heard

Johnny Depp requests US defamation trial delay

Johnny Depp has requested a delay to a defamation trial due to take place early next year.

The actor is suing his ex-wife Amber Heard for an article she wrote in The Washington Post which Depp says implied he was violent towards her.

Heard has not yet commented on his request for a delay.

This is a separate trial to the one currently taking taking place in London, where the actor is suing the publisher of The Sun.

A hearing on Mr Depp's request for a postponement is currently set for 11 September.

Amber Heard says Johnny Depp trying to weasel out of trial date

Amber Heard says ex Johnny Depp is trying to play their Virginia judge like a fiddle by claiming he can’t possibly make their January trial date — because he’ll be filming Fantastic Beasts III,’’ new court papers show.

The actor has made “no effort whatsoever’’ to work his schedule around the court’s, assuming the role of pampered Hollywood star to a T, Heard seethed in documents filed Saturday.

The Virginia documents were filed in response to Depp’s recent request to have his $50 million US defamation case against Heard pushed back until later next year.

Virginia Judge Agrees to Delay Johnny Depp Defamation Trial

The trial for actor Johnny Depp’s defamation case against his ex-wife Amber Heard could stretch out over the better part of a month – but not until May 2021, more than two years after the lawsuit was filed, a Virginia judge ruled Friday.

Fairfax County Circuit Court Chief Judge Bruce White made clear in a hearing Friday that his decision to push the trial start date to May 3 had nothing to do with the actors’ schedules, but with the backlog of court cases caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Lawyers for Johnny Depp asked a judge Friday to toss out a $100 million defamation case filed against the actor by his ex-wife Amber Heard.

Heard’s case is a counterclaim to a lawsuit filed by Depp, who also contends that Heard defamed him. Chief Judge Bruce White of the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia listened to arguments Friday.

The case has been scheduled for May 2021, as Covid-19 restrictions have delayed jury trials. Depp also sued News Group Newspapers in Great Britain, and a trial in that case concluded in July.

Judge Hears Arguments in Johnny Depp Defamation Trial

Judgement in Johnny Depp High Court libel trial expected on Monday | Daily Mail Online

"Hollywood star Johnny Depp will discover next Monday whether he has won his blockbuster libel action against a newspaper which labelled him a 'wife beater'.

The 57-year-old actor, who strenuously denies wrongdoing, sued News Group Newspapers, publishers of The Sun, and its executive editor Dan Wootton over an article in April 2018.

It stated he had been violent towards his ex-wife, actress Amber Heard, 34, and questioned his casting in the Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them franchise.

Both Pirates of the Caribbean actor Depp and Aquaman star Heard gave evidence before Judge Andrew Nicol during a three-week hearing at London's High Court.

The extraordinary case in July laid bare their tempestuous private lives as the court was told of allegations of serious domestic abuse, drug taking and affairs.

The judgement in the 'Depp v News Group Newspapers Ltd' case will be published online at 10am next Monday and there will be no hearing at court."

Everyone working with him when he played Tonto said he was kind, funny , generous ..an amazing person to work with.
Google the Tonto outtakes. They had a blast. BTW, I loved him in that role

Amber can never take away from him what he has. She also fails to point out how he tirelessly goes to the children’s floor at the hospitals as Captain Jack.
He always waves and visits with his fans.
That I see.
He is not conceited ,boastful or self absorbed with created selfies like I see AH create.
IMO she had a plan from the very beginning to use him..then bury him.
It’s failing. He will survive because he is stronger in his truth.
Also I do believe in what goes round comes round.

MOO

Everyone working with him when he played Tonto said he was kind, funny , generous ..an amazing person to work with.
Google the Tonto outtakes. They had a blast. BTW, I loved him in that role

Amber can never take away from him what he has. She also fails to point out how he tirelessly goes to the children’s floor at the hospitals as Captain Jack.
He always waves and visits with his fans.
That I see.
He is not conceited ,boastful or self absorbed with created selfies like I see AH create.
IMO she had a plan from the very beginning to use him..then bury him.
It’s failing. He will survive because he is stronger in his truth.
Also I do believe in what goes round comes round.

MOO
I agree. That's the impression I have from him, that he's professional and that he really cares about his work and everything that comes from it. Oh, and the fact that he allowed her friends to live for free in his penthouses also say a lot about him. If he was really abusing her like she says he was, why would he let people stay so close to them? Wouldn't he want her to be isolated? He's an addict and there's no denying that, but I don't think he's an abuser.

Remember when Melania Trump threatened to sue the Daily Mail over an article they wrote about her? The DM avoided a court case by offering her a retraction, an apology and a financial settlement that was rumored to be over $2 million. She accepted and a trial was avoided.

I wonder why the Sun didn't make JD a similar offer?

Remember when Melania Trump threatened to sue the Daily Mail over an article they wrote about her? The DM avoided a court case by offering her a retraction, an apology and a financial settlement that was rumored to be over $2 million. She accepted and a trial was avoided.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing it for publicity of some sorts. But it does make you wonder for sure...unless JD didn't want to take it, maybe.

Depp is waiting to find out on Monday (November 2) what the verdict will be in his libel battle in UK court with British tabloid newspaper The Sun.

Johnny Depp will head to Poland next month to pick up a special acting award at the 28th edition of the Camerimage festival.

The event, running November 14-21 in the city of Torun, will close with a screening of Andrew Levitas’ Depp-starring drama Minamata, which features the actor as celebrated photographer W. Eugene Smith.

The screening will take place following the event’s Closing Gala on November 21, with Depp in town to pick up the lengthy-titled Camerimage Award to an Actor with Unique Visual Sensitivity

Johnny Depp To Receive Award At Poland’s Camerimage – Deadline

2 million is probably nothing for her, she just wanted to make a point. I don't know if JD was offered anything, but I can see him not taking it, he wants to prove Amber is lying and winning against The Sun would probably help a lot on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419