Jonbenet Books...have You Read "all?"

Originally posted by ajt400
Also:

So in essence I should be able to read every Nancy Drew book available, and I will know more than investigators, right? Not so....

You're FISHING/FOCUSED? REGARDING THE MURDER OF JONBENET?...ok,Hello, what page are you on in this book of JUSTICE FOR JONBENET????...YOU (I assume-silly me) are focused on the solution to the problem (JonBenet's murder) right? wrong?
:dontknow: :evil: :confused:

One of our very own Internet posters has written a book named, "Journey Beyond Reason." Author is Peggy Lakin.

=====================================
http://www.ebookstand.com/m/peggylakin/

Paperback Price: $18.95
Download Price: $7.95 (Available formats for download: .PDF format)

"Be sure to check the correct box for paperback order or download."

About Our Book:

Journey Beyond Reason The murder of JonBenet Ramsey, Valerie Percy, and Matthew Margolies, along with thousand of other innocents, have left a great void in the lives of those who loved and cared about them. This void could never be filled, however, there might be hope for some resolve if their killer/s were to be found and brought to justice. I, and many others, do what we do because on an inherent desire to help the victims of crime and their families. Only those with something to hide would have anything to fear from such endeavors. I make no claims to insider information or expertise in any field. It is only through searching the internet and the writings of others that I have any information with which to work. As you find yourself becoming involved in this cyber world there will be cases that will truly haunt you, stick with you. I received this in an email from someone I have come to greatly respect and admire: ?My all time favorite high school teacher once said to me: ?The next best thing to knowing the answer is knowing where to find it.?? It boils down to this; if we do not know the answers, we have a tremendous resource available to us in our search. There is not always an obvious reason, for this search you must often journey beyond what is safe and comfortable, and into what might lie behind the public façade.
Number of pages:269

About the Author:

There is nothing extraordinary about me what so ever. I am just an average person, of average intelligence who through the internet has found others who share the same concerns. We all have the desire to help victims of crime. The internet has opened up a whole new world of interesting people with whom I can converse, share information and work with to try to help in any way we can those who have been touched by the horror of violent crime.

You can find a preview "Journey Beyond Reason Preview" at the link below:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/fcrimeandjustice13552frm78.showMessage?topicID=2 51.topic

When I wrote to the author yesterday (Oct 30th) as to when I could post the link, the author responded, "You can post the link anytime you wish. It is just necessary to let them know the book won't be shipped (as of today's date) for 2-3 weeks"

ACR

Ivy, maybe I can shed some light onto Southern "sub" culture and beauty pageants, etc.

I have lived in the South my whole life. Growing up, I was in a few pageants. They are very very common here. I have three boys, so I never got into the pageant world beyond my high school days, although ALL of my friends who have girls participated.

I will say that I have been a pageant judge more than a few times. I tended to lean more toward the girls who were not so made-up and who looked their ages and not like mini-adults; however, I always judged with a panel and everyone had different views. I haven't judged in a few years but I did enjoy it and would do it again if invited.

Pageantry is a very big thing here. Less than an hour from my home is our state's preliminary to the Miss America pageant. It gets lots of air time and is always packed. I think it is totally cultural, just as other things are more cultural to the North, or East, or out West. I'm not trying to make a case for pageantry, but just imforming that that is how it is here.

I went out West twice this fall. Both times, I felt as if I looked like a hooker! People actually stared at me and I think it was what I was wearing. Where I live, I definitely don't look like a hooker. If the women I saw in the West came to visit here, people here would think they were very underdressed and plain. Are they? Not necessarily, but they may possibly be viewed as such here in the southern culture. I was interviewed this week by a reporter who traveled here from NYC. She came wearing jeans, a white shirt, boots, a backpack, no make up and her hair pulled into a low ponytail. Hear me, I am not dogging her for this...but I am saying that here in the South she was very underdressed to go into some of the places in which I took her. I am sure some people looked at her as not appearing to be professional.

:waitasec:
So, all this to say... the beauty pageant thing, Patsy's way of decorating her home, the fact that ST wrote she didn't like Boulder because she couldn't find lipstick, etc... are all cultural things to me.

I am glad you brought this up, Ivy. It's something I've wanted to express for a long time now but didn't find the opportunity.

And you expressed it well.

There are those in this country who think it aappropriate to pierce little girls (even babies) ears. I don't chose to do that with my daughter but I don't read anything malevolent into their doing it

Thank you, Tipper. Last night I thought more about what I had posted, and hoped that it would not be taken wrong. I agree about the piercing of babies' ears as I wouldn't do that either, but I don't think that it is suggestive of anything, and could possibly even be considered cultural, also.

Nehemia, thanks very much for giving us an insider's perspective of the pageant world in the South and for pointing out that there are cultural differences in fashion and home decorating between the South and other parts of the US. Patsy's flamboyancy may have been out of place in Boulder, just as JonBenet's participation in the pageants was, but knowing that Patsy grew up in the South and had Southern sensibilities, I don't consider her fashion/decorating sense or her entering JonBenet in pageants as signs of a personality disorder, or even remarkable.

When you were out West, did you happen by any ranchers' lawns decorated with cattle skulls? To me, such "lawn art" suggests Georgia O'Keef on crack, and I find it revolting, but I'm not a native Westerner and my sensibilities are different from many of theirs. Another thing...the children of a good friend of mine have participated in rodeos from the time they were five years old. Although I despise rodeos because I consider them a form of animal cruelty, rodeos are a part of Western culture, and most people I know find nothing wrong with them, nor do they find anything wrong with children participating in this dangerous "sport."

Tipper, good point about ear piercing.

Ivy, good parallel of the rodeos. I know people here who are into rodeos, also, although it is certainly not as big as it would be out West.

No, I didn't notice the skulls but I was driving alone and was in foreign territory (to me) so I had to pretty much keep my eyes between the map and the road! I have seen pictures of those skulls before. Not my idea of yard art...but then again I know people who have pink flamingos in their yards. LOL

I don't think the solving of this case is going to cme from reading books, no. Books are just the opnion of the writer (more often than not) even in a nn-fiction book, you have opinions being expressed. I think the solving of this case will come from a good investigation of the facts of evidence that I really don't think are all over the internet.

Besides, if one could solve murders by reading books alone, don't you think the Jack the Ripper's crime would have been solved by now?

What is your problem? Those posts were made like 3 weeks ago, have you just now seen them?

I don't think the solving of this case is going to cme from reading books, no. Books are just the opnion of the writer (more often than not) even in a nn-fiction book, you have opinions being expressed. I think the solving of this case will come from a good investigation of the facts of evidence that I really don't think are all over the internet.

Besides, if one could solve murders by reading books alone, don't you think the Jack the Ripper's crime would have been solved by now?

What is your problem? Those posts were made like 3 weeks ago, have you just now seen them?

Ok, you're posting is noted by me... and IMHO you should read the book called "LIFE 101" for what it's worth and then we'll talk/post... :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :bigthumb: :confused:

Knowledge equals power, but books are written by people and people have different opinions. Even text books in school lean one way or another. Reading the books doesn't matter--reading them and being able to step back and logically look at evidence does.

I am not very sure you are able to that blazeboy

WHAT"S YOUR GOAL "HERE?" 3 weeks...what's it matter?!?!

So-ignore me;Ok, noted, but what does it matter...after reading ALL--you have "free will in your THINKING/THOUGHTS"right? ... or does SOMEONE-SOMETHING "CONTROL YOU/YOUR THINKING / THOUGHTS"?

Exactly, one has freewill to take any opnion that they see in a work of fiction or non-fiction. You simply cannot take someones life for 6 years, when you don't even have a history of physocal abuse and assume that it happened. Then just assume what would have hapened had they grown up. The assumption is just someones opinion!
Did this author study actual live pageant contestants? Did he take what he wrote from other women who grew up in Pageants in America, or just from JonBenet's particular story?

How much reasearch really went into this book?

FYI, I don't need to read a book on life, I simply live it.

I thought that's what everyone did.

The truth is not in any of the books!

The Ramsey's didn't kill their child,and no one is going to make that shoe fit....IMO

No pathology! Yes,people kill their children,but every single time,something was brewing.

IMO JMO

Originally posted by sissi

The Ramsey's didn't kill their child,and no one is going to make that shoe fit....IMO

No pathology! Yes,people kill their children,but every single time,something was brewing.

IMO JMO

Exactly, I am not sure who did this crime, but the pathology simply must be there for either parents to commit! Sure, people kill their kids, we have come far too accustomed to it, but every case there was some sort of pathology there.

After 8 Years of the media being all over them, something would have come to light by now. Even the smallest tidbit! I simply is not there.....Even without sexual or physicological abuse, for someone just to snap--out of the blue--with no precursor to violence, then stage their child in a botched kidnapping-gone-bad scenario. Then be able to keep their stories straight for 8 years. All the while eluding not only the police, but the media as well? C'mon!

If the media can get info on our president, celebrities, etc., I am sure they cold dig up enough for the Ramsey's bones in their closet!

Originally posted by ACandyRose
One of our very own Internet posters has written a book named, "Journey Beyond Reason." Author is Peggy Lakin.

http://www.ebookstand.com/m/peggylakin/

Paperback Price: $18.95
Download Price: $7.95 (Available formats for download: .PDF format)

"Be sure to check the correct box for paperback order or download."

About Our Book:

Journey Beyond Reason The murder of JonBenet Ramsey, Valerie Percy, and Matthew Margolies, along with thousand of other innocents, have left a great void in the lives of those who loved and cared about them. This void could never be filled, however, there might be hope for some resolve if their killer/s were to be found and brought to justice. I, and many others, do what we do because on an inherent desire to help the victims of crime and their families. Only those with something to hide would have anything to fear from such endeavors. I make no claims to insider information or expertise in any field. It is only through searching the internet and the writings of others that I have any information with which to work. As you find yourself becoming involved in this cyber world there will be cases that will truly haunt you, stick with you. I received this in an email from someone I have come to greatly respect and admire: ?My all time favorite high school teacher once said to me: ?The next best thing to knowing the answer is knowing where to find it.?? It boils down to this; if we do not know the answers, we have a tremendous resource available to us in our search. There is not always an obvious reason, for this search you must often journey beyond what is safe and comfortable, and into what might lie behind the public façade.
Number of pages:269

About the Author:

There is nothing extraordinary about me what so ever. I am just an average person, of average intelligence who through the internet has found others who share the same concerns. We all have the desire to help victims of crime. The internet has opened up a whole new world of interesting people with whom I can converse, share information and work with to try to help in any way we can those who have been touched by the horror of violent crime.

You can find a preview "Journey Beyond Reason Preview" at the link below:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/fcrimeandjustice13552frm78.showMessage?topicID=2 51.topic

When I wrote to the author yesterday (Oct 30th) as to when I could post the link, the author responded, "You can post the link anytime you wish. It is just necessary to let them know the book won't be shipped (as of today's date) for 2-3 weeks"

ACR

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO/URL!!!

Exactly, one has freewill to take any opnion that they see in a work of fiction or non-fiction. You simply cannot take someones life for 6 years, when you don't even have a history of physocal abuse and assume that it happened. Then just assume what would have hapened had they grown up. The assumption is just someones opinion!
Did this author study actual live pageant contestants? Did he take what he wrote from other women who grew up in Pageants in America, or just from JonBenet's particular story?

How much reasearch really went into this book?

Ok, TRUTH:WHAT DOES IT MATTER? ... IF Patsy said TODAY that the book is an ABSOLUTE TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPENED...!!!??? what would you conclude/comprehend./say/feel/post ... ???..???

Originally posted by sissi

IMO JMO

Hey GOOD FOR YOU--Justify what YOU CAN LIFE WITH as "real."

Exactly, I am not sure who did this crime, but the pathology simply must be there for either parents to commit! Sure, people kill their kids, we have come far too accustomed to it, but every case there was some sort of pathology there.

After 8 Years of the media being all over them, something would have come to light by now. Even the smallest tidbit! I simply is not there.....Even without sexual or physicological abuse, for someone just to snap--out of the blue--with no precursor to violence, then stage their child in a botched kidnapping-gone-bad scenario. Then be able to keep their stories straight for 8 years. All the while eluding not only the police, but the media as well? C'mon!

If the media can get info on our president, celebrities, etc., I am sure they cold dig up enough for the Ramsey's bones in their closet!

U M B R E L L A ...???!!!

J B R... I love it (see if you can see "as in initials)
John Bennet Ramsey
JonBenet Patricia Ramsey
Journey Beyond Reason
by Peggy Lakin

Journey Beyond Reason
by Peggy Lakin

LET US BEWARE/COMPREHEND: FACT: Everything Comes from Somewhere...???!!!

Its' not going to be true, because it is fiction. If it were, say, Steve Thomas' book and PR said theat it was all true and confessed, I would be relieved because at least someone is being brought to justice. I know it sounds corny, but at least this little girl didn't scream to no one that night, her death wouldn't be in vain. (So to speak)

And, yes, umbrella of suspicion, but you cannot use a mere umbrella in a hurrican can you? We all know what would happen. It would be ripped to shreds! This media 'storm' has not been a simple summer shower, it has been a hurricane!

But, what in the world does the whole initials thing have to do with anything?

And, I am not sure of anyone else on this, but truth matters a great deal when concerning a child's vicious murder. You wouldn't want everyone confessing.....I thought truth was a vital point of interest. Do you not seek "the truth" behind the Ramsey's?
Okay you tell me, what does truth matter?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back