JonBenet Ramsey Foundation Did Nothing To Protect Children:Moneymachine 4 Ramseys

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Let's try this again. Please keep the posts focused on the foundation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes...it's true. All the tv appearances where John and Patsy vowed to protect other children was only to give good PR to the Ramseys. SHOES did nothing, JBR foundation was a joke.

From the wonderful ACandyRose's website:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

. LKL Live May 12, 2004: John Ramsey: "The foundation we set up for JonBenet in her honor, we did the same for our daughter, Beth, when she died in 1992. It's a compassion that just, I think, flowed out of us. We weren't sure what we were going to do with it, but we wanted to do something to honor her name."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Foundation that was set up as a memorial to honor JonBenet Ramsey

There are 130 documented references on this web page directly relating or connected in one way or another to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation. The foundation was set up as the source of funding for the $100,000 reward being offered. In the Ramsey's book, "Death of Innocence," page 164/165 where the Ramsey are explaining the purpose of the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Founation, they are quoted as, "Patsy and I guaranteed a reward of one hundred thousand dollars."

INCOME SOURCES TO THE FOUNDATION Included sources of monies pledged and possible donated contributions from friends and family, corporations and the general public. John and Patsy Ramsey pledged $15,000 PER YEAR for 1997, 1998 and 1999. There are no contributions of this scale from any source in any one of the three tax years listed.

The Ramseys friend/attorney Mike Bynum pledged profits from the resale of the Boulder house, Ramsey friend Linda McLean pledged all profits from the sale of her book when it was released August 21, 1998, Ramseys pledge profits from their hard back book released March 18, 2000 after legal expenses and ALL of the profits from their soft back (January 2001 edition) book. Ramseys book had a first printing of 300,000 copies. John Ramsey even said in August 2000 that one of his original plans was to sue the tabloids and donate the money to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation. Although the Ramsey said there were no plans for fundraising, a Ramsey press release was issued in February 1997 giving a bank address in Colorado where public fund contributions could be sent. In March 26, 2000 an Internet poster who made a donation to the Foundation in Janaury received an e-mail from "PtsyR@aol.com" and signed by John Ramsey. That e-mail provided a new foundation address for donations as P.O. Box 724505, Atlanta, GA 31139.

CONTACT INFORMATION TO HELP FIND THE KILLER: The Ramseys, in their book, "Death of Innocence," page 374 asks the public help to find the killer of their daughter and their contact/resource list includes the family web site as www.ramseyfamily.com (that no longer exists), an e-mail tip address of JonBenetinfo@aol.com (that returns mail as 'unknown'), a tip hotline telephone number (which was printed in error at publication and never corrected), and the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation legal tax address at P.O. Box 724505, Atlanta, GA 31139 is listed in the book as where to mail confidential tips.

COMMITTMENTS TO THE FOUNDATION: Included the $100,000 reward, plans to offer a grant program, plans for an outreach program called SHOES that would advocate legislation, SHOES would offer resources and rewards, SHOES would use tools to track pedophiles, SHOES would put reward funds in place, SHOES would advocate child murders to a federal offense. John Ramsey said in an online ABC Chat "In Their Own Words" on March 20, 2000 that he wants the Foundation to protect children against predators, through legislation and that he wants child murders to be a federal offense. Where are the grant programs? Where is the SHOES organization?

Early documentation shows that the Ramsey family web site at www.ramseyfamily.com displayed press releases as well as ads and flyers the Ramseys sent out in search for their daughter's killer in the spring and fall of 1997. Later the web site was used to advertise the $100,000 reward. In December 26, 2001, Ramsey attorney, Lin Wood is quoted in the media as saying that the Ramsey family no longer has the reward money. By November 25, 2002, the Ramsey family, via their attorney Lin Wood stated they will no longer communicate with one Susan Bennett whose web site URL is listed in the Ramseys books and was on their Ramsey family web site as the main source for the garotte illustrations. By 2003 the Ramsey family web site no longer existed and the domain at www.ramseyfamily.com expired April 19, 2004.

Patsy Ramsey said in August 2000 during the Atlanta interviews that she had never even seen the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation books or financial records. The Foundation was opened on March 31, 1997 and Patsy Ramsey is listed as the President of the Foundation. The "Bylaws of the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation state, "the Board of Directors shall annually prepare a report, verified by the President and Treasurer or by a majority of the Directors, to be prescribed at the annual meeting of the Board of Directors, showing in appropiate detail the following: (a) the assets and liabilities, including the donated funds, of the Corporation as of the end of the fiscal year." The Board of Directors consisted of John and Patsy Ramsey.

Remember these words, "It's a compassion that just, I think, flowed out of us."

Remember these words, "Experience to Serve, Compassion to Lead"
(May 11, 2004 Ramsey Michigan House Campaign Announcement Commercial)

Shame, shame on the Ramseys.....

God Bless ACR...documenting the fraudulant foundation. More:

100,000 reward from the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation
April 27, 1997

Boulder Daily Camera
Ramseys offer $100,000 reward
Ad offers different image of JonBenet
By SANDRA FISH
Sunday, April 27, 1997

"Today's advertisement in the Daily Camera offers a $100,000 reward from the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation for information leading to the arrest and conviction of her killer. It lists a number for the foundation and the Crimestoppers' hotline operated by the Boulder Police Department. The reward money was provided by JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, and others."

Back to Directory

Denver Post - May 1 interview transcript
May 1 , 1997

"Patsy Ramsey: I'd like to say that we would, one of the reasons we asked you all to be here this morning is that we need your help from this moment on. I know you have been diligently covering this case and we have appreciated some of what you've said and ... not all of what you've said. We need to all work together as a team and we need your help.

Some of you may have seen the ad that we place in our local Daily Camera newspaper this past weekend. This reward money has been offered since the death of JonBenet, but we felt like it wasn't getting out to the public enough. So this ad with her most recent kindergarten picture will be appearing more and more frequently. And what we want to let everyone know is that this $100,000 reward is for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer of our daughter. We feel that there are at least two people on the face of this earth that know who did this, and that is the killer and someone that that person may have confided in. And we need that one phone call, we need the one phone call to this number that will help the authorities come to a conclusion to this case. Please, if you know anything, I beg you to call us, call us. And I guess if any of you have questions of us ..."

Back to Directory

Ramseys: We didn't do it
By Marilyn Robinson, Denver Post Staff Writer
May 2, 1997

"We'll find you. I have that as a sole mission for the rest of my life," said John Ramsey.

"God knows who you are and we will find you," said Patsy Ramsey.

"Let me assure you that I did not kill JonBenet. I did not have anything to do with it. I loved that child with the whole of my heart and soul.'' said Patsy Ramsey.

"We need your help from this moment on," said Patsy Ramsey, holding up a copy of an advertisement offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer."

"We feel there are at least two people on the face of this earth who know who did this - the killer and someone that person may have confided in" Patsy said

Back to Directory

From the Ramsey's book,
"The Death of Innocence"
(hard cover 03-18-2000 page 164-165):

"In the spring we formed the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation. Some donations had been given in her memory at the time of her death, and in addition we added our own private funds. When Beth died, we had established a foundation in her honor and we wanted to do something similar for JonBenet. The foundation's overriding principle is this: children are our society's most valuable and fragile assets. We must nurture and protect our children with the full force of our abilities and be know as a society that values its children above all else.

We struggled for a time with what specifically we wanted the foundation to support. After much thought and prayer, it seemed right that one objective of the foundation would be to enhance the safety of children by helping focus resources and attention on the most heinous of crimes, child murder. Our experience had shown that local police in smaller jurisdictions don't have the experience and wisdom necessary to effectively track down child killers. Of the eighteen thousand police jurisdictions in the United States, many must be similar to Boulder, with limited experience and knowledge about this kind of horrible crime. We felt a need to make resources available to them, resources that could be called upon when a child was murdered. We also wanted the foundation to support the building of faith in children's lives, because faith is the ultimate armor for the battle of life. A strong foundation would enable them to grow spiritually for the rest of their lives. I had grown to understand how important my mother's early religious training had been to me. Now that I was walking this particularly difficult path, I was even more indebted to my faith, which helped me keep an eternal perspective and therefore my hope.

Patsy and I guaranteed a reward of one hundred thousand dollars for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who killed our daughter. Perhaps a role of the foundation could be to offer substantial rewards for unsolved child killings with a staffed resource center to solicit tips. Money has a way of making people talk. The tabloids know this. Maybe we could put their techniques to better use. We continue to refine the course of the foundation as we take it a step at a time to see where we might be most effective in protecting our children, and we need to find funding sources to carry out this work."

Back to Directory

"and should there be a profit, the money would go to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation."

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-...97-legal-papers

From the Ramsey's book,
"The Death of Innocence"
(hard cover 03-18-2000 page 207):

"In the end, Mike Bynum and several of our attorneys and investors put up the money to buy the house. Mike was concerned that some promoter type might acquire the place and turn it into a circus, selling tickets to go through it or using it to make a movie about all of this. As the months went by, Mike's group rented the house to students, some of the coaching staff, and other individuals at CU, just to keep it occupied. Mike later told me that their plan was to sell the house in a few years,and should there be a profit, the money would go to the JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation. I was overwhelmed with gratitude when Mike shared their intentions. What a special group of men!"

Sorry, I've been cleaning up. Let me know which thread you want deleted.

JBRMod2 said:
Sorry, I've been cleaning up. Let me know which thread you want deleted.

I think the last thread we got off track...can we keep this one and start over? Thanks so much.

Show Me said:
From the wonderful ACandyRose's website:

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

. LKL Live May 12, 2004: John Ramsey: "The foundation we set up for JonBenet in her honor, we did the same for our daughter, Beth, when she died in 1992. It's a compassion that just, I think, flowed out of us. We weren't sure what we were going to do with it, but we wanted to do something to honor her name."
Do we know for sure that this foundation for BETH, even existed?

Ames said:
Do we know for sure that this foundation for BETH, even existed?

I don't remember anything on Beth's foundation....after buying the paperback book and the proceeds not going to the JonBenet foundation, I can't imagine Beth's being legit either.

Show Me said:
I don't remember anything on Beth's foundation....after buying the paperback book and the proceeds not going to the JonBenet foundation, I can't imagine Beth's being legit either.
Me either. I believe that he just made that up...it may have been just another foundation scheme for them to "steal" money from....but, it may have never even existed at all..and he was just trying to make himself and Patsy look good in the public's eye.

John and Patsy loved to take their kudos on tv, telling everyone how they were going to create SHOES to help the children and the foundation did submit a few token donations:

One to the Ramseys own church
Two to the Ramseys kids summer camp...

How this is supposed the change child killer laws and benefit other children is beyond me.

The Ramseys basically donated to themselves and bragged all over tv what good charitable christians they were.

Disgusting!

Show Me said:
John and Patsy loved to take their kudos on tv, telling everyone how they were going to create SHOES to help the children and the foundation did submit a few token donations:

One to the Ramseys own church
Two to the Ramseys kids summer camp...

How this is supposed the change child killer laws and benefit other children is beyond me.

The Ramseys basically donated to themselves and bragged all over tv what good charitable christians they were.

Disgusting!
They lined their own pockets. So much for helping to change the child killer laws. And so much for helping other children....the only people that they helped, were themselves. Disgusting? Yep..now thats an understatement...

I think this is another reason Marc Klass doesn't care for the Ramseys.

Can you imagine Marc on TV telling LKL he's going to write a book and give the proceeds to help change child kidnap laws? He's going to benefit other children, then finding out Marc gave only to his church and his children's camp?

What a stink on tv that'd make. But the Ramseys were always good at promoting themselves and with their PR, they quietly dropped the 'charities'.

I like to see a talking head ask John what all the JBR foundation and Beths did for children.

Show Me said:
I think this is another reason Marc Klass doesn't care for the Ramseys.

Can you imagine Marc on TV telling LKL he's going to write a book and give the proceeds to help change child kidnap laws? He's going to benefit other children, then finding out Marc gave only to his church and his children's camp?

What a stink on tv that'd make. But the Ramseys were always good at promoting themselves and with their PR, they quietly dropped the 'charities'.

I like to see a talking head ask John what all the JBR foundation and Beths did for children.
Yes, I would like to see that also. Its like everybody just believes what the Ramsey's say, without checking it out. The interviewers and everybody that is involved with them, just take what the Ramsey's say as GOSPEL.

And that's the thing that gets me...the Rs have been proven to have given any number of inconsistent statements and been caught lying, and still people will believe things that they say (that only serve to promote their image) as truth without even checking.

What is it about the Ramsey's that make people do that? Same with the IDI's...they believe everything that comes out of the Ramsey's mouths, like they are Saints or something.

Marc vs. John. Battle of the titans on TV! I'd pay to see that!

I'm sure what the Ramseys said at the time they said it was the truth, but face it. A lot changed for them in the years following 1996. Maybe they couldn't do what they intended to do. Maybe they no longer had the money. I have read that John sold his plane to get money to live on, and they sold their house in Atlanta for a smaller townhouse.

With regard to proceeds from books.....maybe there were no profits/proceeds.

Or maybe they just went broke. I don't know.

SuperDave said:
Marc vs. John. Battle of the titans on TV! I'd pay to see that!
I'll be the first to admit I see a difference in John and Marc. John has never tried to make a living off the death of his daughter(s). JMO

snowqueen said:
... John has never tried to make a living off the death of his daughter(s). JMO
silenced.gif
doh.gif

Maybe they couldn't do what they intended to do.

No doubt!

John has never tried to make a living off the death of his daughter(s)

That's a joke, right? Book tours, political campaigns, phony charities, etc. Do I really need to go on? Give me a break!

SuperDave said:
No doubt!

That's a joke, right? Book tours, political campaigns, phony charities, etc. Do I really need to go on? Give me a break!

Its hard to bring IDI's over to the other side....it CAN be done...but not very often. Like I said before, most of them (not all) believe that the Ramsey's are saints, and that they did/do no wrong. Even when the inconsistancies in their story is splashed in front of their faces. They will not see what they do not WANT to see. John, or Patsy...when she was living....could have confessed...and most of the IDI's would say that they (the Ramsey's) are confused, and must be mistaken....and then probably would go on to ask the Ramsey's to provide proof of their guiltyness (is guiltyness even a word?...you get my point though.)

snowqueen said:
I'll be the first to admit I see a difference in John and Marc. John has never tried to make a living off the death of his daughter(s). JMO

:laugh: Yeah, right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back