JonBenet Ramsey: What Really Happened?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tadpole12, Dec 23, 2020.

1. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

They have explanations for those things. I don't know of any reason why an intruder couldn't just walk out the door near that grate.

The crazy part is the second floor hemp rope business. Iirc, Lou Smit said the intruder brought it in to facilitate his escape. To rappel from the 2nd floor?

The Ramseys both said the rope might belong to JAR so it doesn't actually need an explanation. And it's a dead ringer for a rope JonBenet used in a photoshoot years earlier. When confronted with photographic evidence, Smit doubled down and said the rope in evidence didn't hold its shape as well as the one in the photoshoot. So the intruder, according to Smit, brought in a rope of the same material, handedness, length and with the ends taped exactly the same way, just a little limper. That should have narrowed down the viable suspects, huh?

One might expect the natural fibers of a rope to degrade a bit over the years. It seems that Smit could not admit a mistake.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Quiet Time and Tadpole12 like this.

2. fr brown

They have explanations for those things. I don't know of any reason why an intruder couldn't just walk out the door near that grate.

The crazy part is the second floor hemp rope business. Iirc, Lou Smit said the intruder brought it in to facilitate his escape. To rappel from the 2nd floor?

The Ramseys both said the rope might belong to JAR so it doesn't actually need an explanation. And it's a dead ringer for a rope JonBenet used in a photoshoot years earlier. When confronted with photographic evidence, Smit doubled down and said the rope in evidence didn't hold its shape as well as the one in the photoshoot. So the intruder, according to Smit, brought in a rope of the same material, handedness, length and with the ends taped exactly the same way, just a little limper. That should have narrowed down the viable suspects, huh?

One might expect the natural fibers of a rope to degrade a bit over the years. It seems that Smit could not admit a mistake.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  3. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

I can’t wait for Burke to die so people stop fearing lawsuits from rich people for telling truth.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  4. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

JR and JAR, interview on 'Extra'
    Jan 06, 2021

JonBenét Ramsey’s Family Still Hopes Her Killer Will Be Found

@ 3:01
    JAR: ...that the items that were tested were tested back in 1996.
    And the sensitivity, ah, the methods have evolved in 24 years.
    Items need to be retested.
    There's dozens, if not hundreds of items that have never been tested before.
    We need to use that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    fcavanaugh and Quiet Time like this.
  5. fr brown

I watched it. Here's my summary of essentials:

Lou never thought a parent could do such a thing to his or her child.

John Ramsey squeezed Lou's hand so hard when they were praying together that Lou knew he was innocent.

The handwriting experts essentially eliminated Patsy as the writer of the ransom note.

Stun guns are used to keep people quiet.

When the intruder realized he couldn't get the suitcase containing JonBenet out of the basement window, he decided to molest her on site.

When she screamed, he decided to kill her.

The intruder went in and out of the basement window (rather than simply walk out the unalarmed patio door or any other of the doors).

Intruder DNA

Lou wept when he read John's heartfelt letter to the DA.

Lou "interrogated" John. "Pressure, pressure, pressure."

When Lou asked John if Patsy could have killed JonBenet, John says, shaking his head from side to side, "That's preposterous. Patsy, uh......loves both her children dearly."

That last bit was interesting. I would have expected a quick, emphatic response about Patsy's love for JonBenet. Instead Ramsey has to think about what to say and finally presents a weak response about Patsy loving both kids.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    fcavanaugh and Tadpole12 like this.
  6. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fr brown,
    Maybe it was a Mason's handshake, i.e. hard with the thumb touching the important digit?

Ah the prayer session, on their knees too, just John and Lou Smit real Christian folks seeking guidance and deliverance via the Spirit.

If Lou Smit was not present when JonBenet was killed how does he know what took place?

7. 887sMtreme

887sMtreme Well-Known Member

Smit is has not a reliable resource in the case or for anything else to follow.

fcavanaugh, Cottonstar and Tadpole12 like this.
  8. Tadpole12

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    fcavanaugh likes this.
  9. 887sMtreme

887sMtreme Well-Known Member

Allow me to correct my syntax, composed on the fly and therefore gibberish.

Smit is not a reliable resource for anything, either in this case or for anything else that has followed.

NanaNZA, fcavanaugh, kcroo and 3 others like this.
  10. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

887sMtreme,
    That's it. I guessed that was what you were saying.

Smit with his fanciful cloud of speculation and his superhuman claims about sifting through all the clues along with his spiritual claims were, IMO, way over the top.

Might be his pension pot was increased with a Team Ramsey donation after promoting the Intruder theory, complete with dramatic entrance via the basement window, only for a mere spider and its cobweb to blow up his theory .

887sMtreme, NanaNZA, Errrr and 3 others like this.
  11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^sbm

So John Andrew Ramsey (JAR) is JBR's brother? Is this John's older son that didn't live anywhere near Boulder? -- I'm not sure how known he was to JBR and he's doing a documentary about her... Interesting. :eek:

Tadpole12 and fcavanaugh like this.
  12. David Rogers

David Rogers Well-Known Member

Tough times?

Tadpole12, fcavanaugh and Seattle1 like this.
  13. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

David Rogers,
    Really, does his father not look after him, you know the multi-millionare guy, that sold Access Graphics, sold his daughters image rights and makes loadsa dollars popping up in documentaries about his daughter?

14. Tadpole12

s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

JAR was a sophomore at University of Colorado. Fraternity house Chi Psi, 1080 14th Street.

Chapter 10, Presumed Guilty by Stephen Singular

"[Hunter] thought some of John Andrew Ramsey's fraternity brothers at the Chi Psi house at the university of Colorado may have gotten high Christmas night and, during an aborted attempt to kidnap JonBenet and make some easy money, accidently killed her and then concocted the note as a cover-up."

fcavanaugh and Seattle1 like this.
  15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thanks for this clarification via author SS.

It's been too many years and my recollection only was that JAR was attending MSU (Michigan) -- at least according to his mom or his sister-- and nowhere near Boulder.

Even more bizarre, I'm recalling that the Ramsey's were at the side of JR's first wife (and mother of JAR) when she was interviewed by Boulder LE. I think this was either someplace in VA or Atlanta... I believe she was interviewed to verify JAR's alibi (confirm his location on Christmas).

The PR machine obviously didn't miss a step.

MOO

16. Tadpole12

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    fcavanaugh likes this.
  17. Mimsy2

Mimsy2 Active Member

That has stuck out to me and many others, I am sure. Personally, I believe it was to help keep them under the protection of silence and unwanted questions just like JR and PR. As well, I read on reddit, in an interview with the original detective, whose name I cannot recall at the moment, that there were two palm prints on the WC door. One belonging to one of the Ramsey's ( cannot recall for sure which right now) and one belong to JAR. It really stuck with me that JAR's palm print was on the WC door. It can be discounted due to him staying there from time to time. However, I wonder why he would enter that room and when was the last time he did enter that room. I personally do not feel he was involved that night, but it is interesting nonetheless.

It was a tell all type interview where he answered some questions from some of the posters. If I find it I will post the link. However, forgive me for not remembering all the details at the moment.

fcavanaugh, Seattle1 and Tadpole12 like this.
  18. Tadpole12

fcavanaugh likes this.
  19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

JonBenet Ramsey's half brother speaks out on her 1996 murder in new TV special | Daily Mail Online

Jan 14, 2021

JonBenét Ramsey's half brother is speaking out about the pageant queen's murder in a new 20/20 TV special.

Six-year-old JonBenét was found dead inside the basement of her parent's palatial home in Boulder, Colorado back in 1996, and the case captivated the world.

Almost a generation later, the murder remains unsolved, but the new two-hour 20/20 special - airing this Friday night on ABC - sheds new light on the case.

[..]

JonBenét's older half-brother, John Andrew, was 20 years old at the time and was not living at the home.

However, the now 45-year-old - who was one of three children from John Ramsey's first marriage - steadfastly believes that his dad and step-mom had nothing to do with the death.

[..]

John Andrew was a supporter of Lou Smit, a former homicide detective who was brought out of retirement to investigate the murder of the child beauty queen.

[..]

'The evidence he [Smit] collected over the years is a virtual encyclopedia of the case,' ABC News Legal Analyst Jami Lloyd states in the 20/20 preview clip.

Tragically, Smit passed away in 2010, before he could uncover the killer. However, he handed a list of potential suspects to his family who are continuing on with the investigation.

Tadpole12, fcavanaugh and root661 like this.
  20. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

I haven’t been following the case for awhile now. To date what is the majority Websleuths consensus as to who killed JBR?