JonBenet's case on Anderson Cooper 360

Hey, are you saying I'm fickle? Picking and choosing only what I want to read? Dismissing stuff?

Actually hotyh, I was not insinuating any such thing. I have read some things in tabloids or by a specific author, on this and other cases, but feel better when I can also find additional sources. Sometimes it isn't even about the source quoted, it is finding the information in more than one place that makes me feel better about it.

Do I think you are fickle? Sometimes, like in the older thread I bumped and posted a question to you on. Most of the time I think you are just not doing research, hence the request for so many links to information.

HOTYH, the first reply from Marc was in reference to the question concerning Trenton Duckett. If you would like to authenticate Marc Klaas' presence in that chat you could always send Tricia a pm. I'm sure she would be happy to oblige.

Hi Joeskidbeck, Yes, Marc has been a member here for years ~ it is no secret.

A comment in general: Seeing what is happening on this thread where posters have to turn the other cheek for having a different opinion, it is the one reason I never got heavy into this case. Emotions run wild - it is personal, more than we normally see sleuthing a case. I'm just a gal who has been here for years but I have learned it all boils down to how one says what they do. One can still make their point and be civil.

Well you are...seems like you haven't read all case material. How in the world could you come here and claim IDI when you haven't read any and all material related to this case. Seems like all you do is ask for sources...you are asked the same but never provide them.

Do not pick and choose what to read...READ EVERYTHING!

Actually hotyh, I was not insinuating any such thing. I have read some things in tabloids or by a specific author, on this and other cases, but feel better when I can also find additional sources. Sometimes it isn't even about the source quoted, it is finding the information in more than one place that makes me feel better about it.

Do I think you are fickle? Sometimes, like in the older thread I bumped and posted a question to you on. Most of the time I think you are just not doing research, hence the request for so many links to information.

otg provided a decent source (CNN) for Klaas and some remarks on the JBR murder, and I thanked him for it. This transcript seemed respectful enough of the idea that someone else did it, like JMK.

This other source, the internet discussion, I have to take everybody's word that is Klaas but it seems so vicious. Why did MK call JR a turd? Why does Tricia laugh out loud about it? How does that help solve the case? Even if JR is guilty remarks like this cause him to become more defensive. No wonder he has 10 lawyers with that kind of cr## going on.

otg provided a decent source (CNN) for Klaas and some remarks on the JBR murder, and I thanked him for it. This transcript seemed respectful enough of the idea that someone else did it, like JMK.

This other source, the internet discussion, I have to take everybody's word that is Klaas but it seems so vicious. Why did MK call JR a turd? Why does Tricia laugh out loud about it? How does that help solve the case? Even if JR is guilty remarks like this cause him to become more defensive. No wonder he has 10 lawyers with that kind of cr## going on.

Why do people on this forum, call other posters ignorant, use smilies like a rofl smilie and no words in response to someones post, stomp off and tell people they are out and out wrong? Emotions hotyh. It happens to all of us sometimes and is part of being human.

No one is perfect, some people just handle frustration better than others. I unfortunately believe that some people are held to a higher standard then others. This is for a variety of reasons, some of which are not fair.

I don't know why this post is inserting Tricia into the mix, but it was not a good move.

That is what is great about this forum. Usually, if you don't care for one source, there will be a second you prefer. I am happy you were satisfied with the second source.

Ames, thank you for the link to the transcript. Good reading!

Thank you...I thought so too!!

Hey, are you saying I'm fickle? Picking and choosing only what I want to read? Dismissing stuff?

I bet that you haven't read one word of the Ramsey police interviews. I know, I know...I said that I was going to put you on ignore...but, I changed my mind. Hopefully...(but seriously doubt) I can change yours.

That's easy enough...because he is.

Tricia and MK are friends...do you seriously think that she is going to say that it's MK on the live Websleuths Chat... when it's not? Are you nuts?? Nevermind...don't answer that. It's ridiculous of you to think otherwise. (I do believe that MK would have spoken up and clarified..if it was NOT him. He doesn't need to do that though, because it was him.)

I don't know why this post is inserting Tricia into the mix, but it was not a good move.

Because Tricia had Marc Klaas on Websleuths Live Chat...a couple of years ago, and I posted the transcript to it, because Holdon doesn't believe that MK is RDI. Hold had the nerve to say...how do we know that it was really Marc Klaas? As if Tricia had been deceptive or something. So now he is dragging her negatively into this. :furious:

Do I think you are fickle? Sometimes, like in the older thread I bumped and posted a question to you on. Most of the time I think you are just not doing research, hence the request for so many links to information.[/quote]

Exactly!!! He just wants other posters to do all of the work for him...that's all. I have posted this before, but it is worth repeating...my sister is IDI..and she knows NOTHING...absolutely NOTHING about this case. She actually told me that the Ramsey's were POOR!! What?! Guess she missed that sprawling mansion that they kept showing on the news...day after day after day. I have found that with MOST (but..I had better add..not all) IDI's...is that they do not do any research. All they know is that an intruder did it...their mind is made up. My sister wouldn't even listen to all of the known facts!! Didn't even care about the Ramsey's interviews. So...how can a person like that make an educated decision....regardless of what it is??

Believe it or not, most people I know think a family member is guilty. And it isn't Patsy. I ask before I give them my opinion. A few say they don't know.

I am actually surprised that no one I have ever talked to, friends, workmates, family, have said IDI.

I think a lot of people changed their minds after the news about the new DNA came out. We always hear about people getting released from jail because their DNA didn't match so when people hear that JBR had unidentified DNA on her that clears the parents, they change their minds to an intruder. Then, you also have cases that happened after 1996 where a child was kidnapped from their bedroom (Danielle Van Dam and Elizabeth Smart) so the people back in the 1997 who thought it was impossible aren't so sure anymore. Plus, it's been 14 years and the Ramseys have never gone to trial so people start thinking that maybe someone else was responsible for JonBenet's murder. You also have the people who look back on the case and wonder if people were too quick to judge the Ramseys because of JonBenet's pageant videos. Lastly, you have the media which used to be RDI but is now becoming more and more IDI. I can definitely see how people with a casual interest in the case could turn into IDI's based on the recent developments.

There was a poll taken in 2000 where 85% (or around there) said that the Ramseys were responsible for JonBenet's death. I highly doubt that number is that high today. It's probably spilt even between IDI's and RDI's.

I think a lot of people changed their minds after the news about the new DNA came out. We always hear about people getting released from jail because their DNA didn't match so when people hear that JBR had unidentified DNA on her that clears the parents, they change their minds to an intruder. Then, you also have cases that happened after 1996 where a child was kidnapped from their bedroom (Danielle Van Dam and Elizabeth Smart) so the people back in the 1997 who thought it was impossible aren't so sure anymore. Plus, it's been 14 years and the Ramseys have never gone to trial so people start thinking that maybe someone else was responsible for JonBenet's murder. You also have the people who look back on the case and wonder if people were too quick to judge the Ramseys because of JonBenet's pageant videos. Lastly, you have the media which used to be RDI but is now becoming more and more IDI. I can definitely see how people with a casual interest in the case could turn into IDI's based on the recent developments.

There was a poll taken in 2000 where 85% (or around there) said that the Ramseys were responsible for JonBenet's death. I highly doubt that number is that high today. It's probably spilt even between IDI's and RDI's.

eileenhawkeye,

Surely you mean touch-dna? Maybe if you explained that to everyone they might revise their opinion?

And of course the old DNA is likely from the same source as the new e.g. they are both samples of touch-dna.

Note: no type description, semen, blood, skin etc, for the old DNA was ever placed into the public domain!

Well, the media makes it out to be "new DNA" so that's what the public believes. The media talks about the DNA like it proves for sure that there was intruder. I'm just explaining how the public has gone from being mostly RDI to many being IDI due to recent developments.

This other source, the Internet discussion, I have to take every body's word that is Klaas but it seems so vicious. Why did MK call JR a turd? Why does Tricia laugh out loud about it? How does that help solve the case? Even if JR is guilty remarks like this cause him to become more defensive. No wonder he has 10 lawyers with that kind of cr## going on.

Do you realize how this has beyond zero to do with who killed JonBenet Ramsey?

Although I don't remember this I will take your word for it. No need to drag out some old Internet chat.

What Marc Klaas says is his business. I am assuming I "LOL" because it caught me off guard and was sort of funny at the time.

Although I don't speak for Marc I can only imagine the frustration of seeing how John Ramsey acts as far as the investigation into the death of his daughter.

Here you have Marc Klaas who would steam roll his way past anyone who interfered with finding his daughter and then you have Ramsey who stonewalled and was so arrogant it made me sick.

I am guessing that is part of the reason, out of frustration, why Marc said what he did.

Now, let's get back to the case shall we?

What I find interesting about the DNA, is that when it was first found, it was found to be a mixed sample. The concensus was, that if it was JonBenet and one other person, that John and Burke could be ruled out. They could not, however, say for certain that there was not DNA from additional sources, thereby muddying the waters and not being able to rule anyone out.

Years later, this touch DNA, which was touted to clear the R's. Something sounds 'off' to me.

What I find interesting about the DNA, is that when it was first found, it was found to be a mixed sample. The concensus was, that if it was JonBenet and one other person, that John and Burke could be ruled out. They could not, however, say for certain that there was not DNA from additional sources, thereby muddying the waters and not being able to rule anyone out.

Years later, this touch DNA, which was touted to clear the R's. Something sounds 'off' to me.

I remember that comment about the DNA from a while back, and it was always confusing to me. If Cynic is around, you do such a great job of explaining the DNA ins and outs, maybe you could "translate" into layman's terms. Or if anyone else understands the part about JB and 1 person vs more than one and how that impacts the results of a mixed sample, please explain it to me. Thanks.

So John Walsh is IDI.... Who would have thunk it?

Not me for certain. But then, it doesn't seem like he's done an awful lot of research on the case.

Speaking for myself, the AC360 piece was the journalistic equivalent of a hot dog: quickly consumed, but lacking nutritional value.

Good thing, because the first segment was RDI--they never mentioned Lou Smit or any of the intruder ideas. The DNA was skimmed over very briefly, instead focus was on BR.

I like the parallel investigation suggestion of John Walsh. Its different than fence-sitting. For sure there's nothing parallel going on around here!

I'm not opposed to the parallel investigation idea, either. I know that such a thing was suggested in 1998 after the June interviews, and the police didn't like it one bit. They saw it as another attempt to politic their way out of convening a GJ. It probably was, but the idea itself has merit, I think.

SuperDave, didn't Burke have a friend? That is what peaks my interest.

xox

Well, first of all, let me say that I got a royal *advertiser censored**-chewing session from the person who did the "brother for sale" video. And she's right. I wasn't thinking clearly.

Yes, Burke had a friend, several I think. You might be referring to Fleet White's son Fleet III or the Stine's son Doug.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back