Jose B and H. Lee at the Crime Scene OLD THREAD REVISIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when are defense lawyers allowed at an active crime scene?? Am I wrong about this? Seems tremendously unprecedented...

I was thinking the same....especially with HL taking pics.....something very very odd there--also thinking about the hearing when they more or less said they couldn't trust anyone but themselves doing any investigations---more or less that since they had the best...(kinda makes me wish that those they fight so hard to get off could move into their communities---or that perhaps they could time share with them.....)

also why is it that these defense atty's just can't say "no comment" and walk away....

as for kc being upset....to bad----CAYLEE would have had a wonderful Christmas this year especially---three was when it really started to be fun for my kids...that was when they caught on to the season --- (I lovingly referred to it as the "season of greed" but I was the one that supplied the items and enjoyed it every time!!!!)

jmo

Report indicated he was very hostile. Reporters backed off. I would guess they did that out of respect for the tragedy, not the players.

Reporter said he was not questioned after he told them to get away from him.

It appeared to me that the memorial was on public property (around where the dog-woman with the sign was located).
Perhaps something about that specific area brings out the territorial in Lee.

I don't know. Yeah, this is sarcastic, I am blown away at the though of removing such a tribute. It happened. I watched it. Can't digest it.

I was fit to be tied watching LA. The memorial WAS out between the sidewalk and the curb, not in the A's yard. All I could think when I saw LA remove it was, what an ignorant s.o.b.
Someone spent hard earned money in Caylee's honor, and LA considered it trash. All they wanted to do was something in honor of this precious, beautiful, little child.
The A's must have read the book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

Since when are defense lawyers allowed at an active crime scene?? Am I wrong about this? Seems tremendously unprecedented...

I don't think the defense is actually inside the crime scene. More like up to the tape maybe. I'm pretty sure the Feds will say no way until they are done with it. That was actually what was settled on in court. LE agreed to secure the scene after they were done with it for the defense.

HI, I just heard Dr Lee speak on the case for the first time, and hope I got this right:

He said what is important to do now is:

* ID of the victim

* Determine means and cause of death

* Determine any important factors related to the death

In that last point it was hard to understand the word 'important', and that might be wrong.

You would think if someone lived in this country long enough they would try to speak understandable English :rolleyes: He has always been so hard to understand IMO

I was thinking the same....especially with HL taking pics.....something very very odd there--also thinking about the hearing when they more or less said they couldn't trust anyone but themselves doing any investigations---more or less that since they had the best...(kinda makes me wish that those they fight so hard to get off could move into their communities---or that perhaps they could time share with them.....)

also why is it that these defense atty's just can't say "no comment" and walk away....

as for kc being upset....to bad----CAYLEE would have had a wonderful Christmas this year especially---three was when it really started to be fun for my kids...that was when they caught on to the season --- (I lovingly referred to it as the "season of greed" but I was the one that supplied the items and enjoyed it every time!!!!)

jmo

It is also odd to have live footage of the execution of a search warrant all over the news.

That doesn't make it unethical or improper in any respect.

Nothing LE is doing regarding the crime scene is going to end up a secret anyway.

If they find evidence that exonerates Casey, that must be turned over to defense, by law.

If the defense wants a search for the truth, then they should be quite pleased that the FBI presence has increased, today, and the forensics teams have been there around the clock.

If not, that is their issue.
But either way, they really are not interfering with an investigation.

I can't see this as a problem. They could actually justify their presence (if they had to).

They need to chart out the logistics as it will be their job to keep the scene from being trampled, once it is turned over.

It seems LE has become quite proficient at ignoring JB.

Kudos to them for their conduct, as usual!

jmho:)

IMHO...a cheezy attempt to intimidate teh LE & FBI.."Im watching your every move" type deal...not gonna work, go onto your next trick in the bag of tricks you have.

Did you see how far the tape is back from the crime scene?
maybe they have the bionic man who can see that far....?

I hope I am asking this question in the right thread- the thread did have Henry Lee on it. I want to know how the heck will Henry Lee be able to defend Casey if the bodys ID is Caylee, if her prints are on the tape and if she did do bodily harm to her? He cant get on the stand and lie- he has to tell the truth- so how will this pan out if theres no getting out of Casey doing it?

I hope I am asking this question in the right thread- the thread did have Henry Lee on it. I want to know how the heck will Henry Lee be able to defend Casey if the bodys ID is Caylee, if her prints are on the tape and if she did do bodily harm to her? He cant get on the stand and lie- he has to tell the truth- so how will this pan out if theres no getting out of Casey doing it?

That will be velly intellesting Charo.

I heard a TH on FOX {lady lawyer} say if they find Casey's fingerprints on the duct tape found on the mouth area of the skull it will mean the death penalty for her. Sounds like she thought that would be a pretty pat deal.

ETA: I think that if Dr Lee can't find anything to benefit the defense case he will simply fade from view in the case like he did in the Scott Peterson case.

well how does a forensic expert or dna expert defend someone on the stand when the evidence of guilt is right in front of them? what do they say?

Have you seen him testify in court before? He will say whatever ... he will find a piece of something in the dirt after LE/FBI is done with the crime scene and say that the item he recovered came from the real killer. Or that the nanny made Casey get the tape, etc from the A's house and give the items to her before she kidnapped Caylee.

They will come up with something, defense experts always come up with something that isn't just right with the State's case against the defendant.

Hired w***** are what defense experts are called in the legal field.

It is also odd to have live footage of the execution of a search warrant all over the news.

That doesn't make it unethical or improper in any respect.

Nothing LE is doing regarding the crime scene is going to end up a secret anyway.

If they find evidence that exonerates Casey, that must be turned over to defense, by law.

If the defense wants a search for the truth, then they should be quite pleased that the FBI presence has increased, today, and the forensics teams have been there around the clock.

If not, that is their issue.
But either way, they really are not interfering with an investigation.

I can't see this as a problem. They could actually justify their presence (if they had to).

They need to chart out the logistics as it will be their job to keep the scene from being trampled, once it is turned over.

It seems LE has become quite proficient at ignoring JB.

Kudos to them for their conduct, as usual!

jmho:)

The implication to me is that LE and others have to be watched like hawks by the defense team. Seems to me they're just continuing the A spin to discredit everyone and everything. It's planting seeds of doubt about competence and honesty. Didn't JB want to go over the main detectives' personnel files? I still remember what happened to Mark Fuhrman.

ETA: completion of thought

well how does a forensic expert or dna expert defend someone on the stand when the evidence of guilt is right in front of them? what do they say?

I wonder the same but to quote GR as he was quoting JB--"they are playing to win"---figure that one out -----

I don't even know how they can sleep at night over it....most of the defense atty's know she is guilty but yet find loop holes....that just isn't right! at least to me....

jmo

Hi again Charo, I think Dr Lee is foremost a Criminologist so he looks at every aspect of the case, not just the forensics.

TigerBalm is correct IMO that they are going to look for the most obtuse angle or thing they spot that is out of cinque to use in the defense. Geragross taught us how that works. YaYa And none of what he did made any real difference as the perp was nailed and now rots in San Quentin 5 years later.

Have you seen him testify in court before? He will say whatever ... he will find a piece of something in the dirt after LE/FBI is done with the crime scene and say that the item he recovered came from the real killer. Or that the nanny made Casey get the tape, etc from the A's house and give the items to her before she kidnapped Caylee.

They will come up with something, defense experts always come up with something that isn't just right with the State's case against the defendant.

Hired w***** are what defense experts are called in the legal field.

could the prosecution discredit Lee by using the ruling against Lee from the Phil S case?

just watched fox --- the defense is complaining that they aren't getting rights to autopsy or crime scene....CRIME SCENE???? is that possible? saying they never have been denied it before---again I ask...CRIME SCENE???

Is that a normal thing????????

tia
jmo

Dr Werner Spitz has just spoken out with his disdain that the State will not allow the defense team to view the autopsy and I think he said where the body was found. He said science is science and it doesn't change. He would just be watching.

Geraldo said then that the State has a very strong case against Casey, and now it is simply a matter to determine:

* . . if Casey acted alone

* . . If Caylee suffered before her death

* . . If it would be Murder 1 or Murder 2

* . . If there was anyone else involved in any other way

Remembering of course that Geraldo is just an investigative reporter, putting out his thoughts on TV just as we write our speculative thoughts here. It seems to me his first and last points are the same :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks