Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

CA Joseph Booth-Metwally

Discussion in 'Missing Children in America - A Profile' started by emknightsham, Mar 15, 2018.

1. emknightsham

emknightsham New Member

Hi Everyone,

I somehow found myself on the San Francisco missing persons page recentley and noticed the profile of a high school kid, Joseph Metwally. He went missing on Thursday,12/15/06 and was last seen at 7:30am near his house on Pacific Ave in San Francisco. He was 17-years old at the time.

http://sanfranciscopolice.org/missing-person-joseph-metwally

There are two things that absolutely blow my mind about this case. The first is that there is almost ZERO information online. I would think that a family would never stop the search for their missing kid. There are no websites, articles, memorial pages, nothing. If a 17-year old high school wrestler goes missing, I would assume that the whole city would know and want to find him. It's almost like he didn't exist.

The second, is that just a couple days before he went missing, the body of a kid washed up in the San Francisco bay wearing sweat pants with the name of the SAME HIGH SCHOOL that Joseph went to. Gallelo High School in San Francisco. It seems that the two are not related but the body has never been identified to this day. Which brings up another question, HOW does a HIGH SCHOOL kid's body not be identified. Wouldn't someone know he was missing? It seems almost crazy to me.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7083

What happened to these poor children? Where is Joseph Metwally and who is the unidentified teenager who wearing his high school sweatpants when he was found?!?!?!?

2. Loading...

3. StrangeOne

StrangeOne Member

Is it against ToS to look up living family members?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

melodyl likes this.
  4. Roadrunn17r

Roadrunn17r New Member

Hi, I know I'm late to this thread, but I too had curiously looked into the Joseph Metwally case. A few things strike me as odd:

1) I feel like if one were to run away, as the police have inferred, it would seem near impossible, especially for a 17 year old to lose contact with everyone, for over a decade.

2) I live right near the block where he was last seen, however, I moved in after his disappearance, which means I have never met any relatives or heard of his story until now.

3) I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I think that this is plausible: Right next to the 2900 block, on 3000 of Pacific was the Egyptian Consulate, which has since relocated to Los Angeles. On his profile, it says that Metwally is of Egyptian decent. Was Metwally related to any members of the Consulate? Was the relocation in response to the disappearance? Let me know what you think...

Also, you mentioned a teen from Galileo, I can't find the article on that, would you mind linking it? Thank you!

hannah246 and melodyl like this.
  5. hannah246

hannah246 New Member

It is likely the body that was found wearing Galileo High School wrestling sweats is connected to Joseph dissapearence they were both of similair age and both were in the same high school wrestling team and not to mention the body of the unknown male was found couple of days before Joseph disappearence what are the odds? maybe someone from the school was responsible who knows. I wish we could find more on his case there is virtually nothing about his case other than it could be a runaway. And the Egyptian Consulate is an interesting theory that could be related too.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018