Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Peppery, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Sulamith

Sulamith Well-Known Member

Love the song "Laughing" Love Randy Bachman and BTO!

2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Really. Josh Duggar is ratings gold as far as Reality TV goes.
    Josh Duggar’s Lawsuits, Scandals and Controversies Over the Years

Beats showers, wedding dress purchases, wedding, pregnancy, gender reveal parties...

3. Sun

Sun Well-Known Member

Time is ticking away, and hopefully there will be a resolution to this case sooner rather than later

4. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

According to this article Josh is not required to maintain employment as part of his bond conditions. But yeah I’m wondering how he will EVER get hired anywhere. I don’t know if he has had a job since his auto dealership closed up maybe a year or year and a half ago after it was raided.
    Josh Duggar, "19 Kids and Counting" star, out on bond

5. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

IIRC Josh hasn’t maintained employment since his car dealership. He doesn’t appear to be in any hurry to work. Why start now? lol Yeah, I despise this guy. IMO

6. tayaway

tayaway Well-Known Member

Who's been paying for his large family's essentials, Jim Bob? Can't be cheap, keeping a growing family fed and clothed.

tezi, Marg from Oz, MaryG12 and 6 others like this.
  7. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he would be able to find well-paying employment and stay within the parameters of his future expectations. I would think that just being out of the house could cause a probation violation ( I am assuming be will be on parole/probation at some point). There are radios in vehicles that report the news. There are televisions and computers at every big box store (Wal-Mart?). There are children at religious services. He would need to be pretty isolated to avoid these things. I guess if he is locked up, he won't have to worry about it. JB and M might have a little more free time too!

The only individuals I feel sad for (besides the victims), are his children. They had no choice in being thrust into the public eye. They did not choose their parents. And yet they are the ones who will suffer the most (again; besides the victims- who also had no choice).

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  8. mickey2942

People who are on "sex crimes" lists get jobs. Truck driving, baking, sales, manufacturing, doing taxes, construction, stocking, customer service, on the phone...depending on their skills, there are jobs available. And people who are released, on probation do get jobs. But Josh Duggar doesn't seem to have a great skill set, as far as I know. He is definitely employable, the problem is that INMO, he doesn't seem to be overly motivated.

tezi, PiertotumLocomotor, abr and 9 others like this.
  9. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you! I thought I saw that seeking employment was a condition but I must have gotten confused with another case.

10. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

I agree he is not motivated. But Josh is notorious. Does an employer really want the negative attention he would bring to their business? He is too much of a risk, IMO. Until he realizes how sick he is and gets some humility, maybe he could go dig ditches or clean up trash on the highways, not that there is anything wrong with either of those types of jobs.

tezi, JDough, Marg from Oz and 7 others like this.
  11. mickey2942

That is the crux of the issue. He is famous for really, doing nothing. And unfortunately, this entitlement mentality has been fed by his parents. Even if he was in trouble, they smoothed it over.

He would have been well served to have gone into the military, sink or swim. And had the opportunity to develop an actual self esteem built on something he achieved, or failed, and had to figure out how to support himself.

Instead, if he failed at anything, he was coddled and given another opportunity without working for it. That doesn't seem to have served him well.

12. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

He certainly has been coddled for years, much to his detriment. Hard working and honest men who want to support their ever growing family would work 2 jobs to put food on the table. They wouldn’t be sitting in the office of a car dealership viewing CSAM.

13. mickey2942

Ironically, if he had been working anywhere but for his father, he wouldn't have been able to "fix" his work computer for his CSAM. Professional companies have IT that blocks those sites. And Josh wouldn't have had the IT administration privileges to bypass the "nanny" software.

14. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

I really don't remember anymore when this family became famous. I know someone spotted them when there were, I think, 14 kids and they were all lined up going someplace, dressed the way they used to dress in their humbler and poorer days, and thought they'd make good TV. I would think that back then, Josh was just the oldest of the bunch and had responsibilities, even though I know it's the girls that did all the mothering.

I'm wondering if his life was actually difficult in those days, in a little house with 13 younger siblings. However, if he molested his sisters when he was only 14 or 15, then he wasn't yet famous. So JB and M were coddling and protecting him even before they had a TV reputation to uphold? And the money it made for JB?

15. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

They're not sure whether to name it that or 19 years and counting...

16. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Note: Some of the jobs involve the use of computers. That would need to be taken into consideration if being hired.

Some areas that sex offenders may be able to get a job include:
    • Truck Driving. There are a number of truck driving jobs available with companies that are willing to hire felons with a sex offense.
    • Construction. ...
    • Restaurants. ...
    • Animal Shelters. ...
    • Temp Agencies. ...
    • Self-Employment. ...
    • Online.
    Apr 16, 2021

Jobs For Sex Offenders | Jobs For Felons Hub
    https

Jobs For Sex Offenders

——————————————————————————————-
    • Warehousing
    • Construction
    • Building trades
    • Animal shelters
    • Automotive services
    • Manufacturing, and
    • Trucking
    list of some companies that hire sex offenders
    Sex Offender’s Guide to Finding a Job

tezi, Marg from Oz, tayaway and 5 others like this.
  17. CrimeAway

CrimeAway Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want sex offenders working in an animal shelter, JMO.

18. COSCitizen

COSCitizen Well-Known Member

I agree. The animals are too vulnerable.

19. mickey2942

What happens with computer jobs, is that the person is only allowed one or two sites, that specifically are for the position. Everything else is locked out.

This is common in call center jobs, or home bound jobs now, the company can provide a computer, that only allows the sites for the job duties.

tezi, Marg from Oz, tayaway and 4 others like this.
  20. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

Most jobs require some use of the computer and internet these days.

tezi, Marg from Oz, mom2chloe and 3 others like this.