Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice must be tempered with mercy,’ says Josh Duggar defense, asks for 5 year sentence
The memo continues by claiming that Duggar’s life has been “shattered” and that his “reputation, career, and family have all suffered.” It also states that he “will lead a productive and lawful life following any sentence imposed by this Court.” Duggar also “maintains his innocence” while accepting that the crime in question is serious and that the court must impose a punishment.

That’s a great point in his favor - that he didn’t access anything illegal after those few days. I haven’t read the filings yet, but that speaks to remorse. (I understand his position remains the same - it wasn’t him/appeal).

Do we know who wrote letters on his behalf, other than his parents & spouse?

I pulled the documents for the defense from the pacer website. i had to separate them as they were to big to upload. There are many letters on his behalf.

Attachments

• 151-main.pdf
    284.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 151-1a.pdf
    744.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 151-c.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 151-b.pdf
    395.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 151-d.pdf
    70 KB · Views: 9

“Duggar asks this Court to recognize him for the person he is and the person he can become,”

Please...

With his track record of committing years-long sexual abuses, never taking accountability, never seeing punishment, never seeking treatment and furthermore, making up lies to blame a family friend for the CSAM? I'm gonna wager a bet that "the person he can become" is far, far worse than what he is now. He's always lived in an environment where his actions were not shocking, disturbing, or something that needed to be handled immediately. He'll go right back into the environment where Josh can do no wrong.

They keep bringing up how many kids he has, as if that's some sort of way to sway the judge...But quite frankly, I hope it serves as a warning to the judge that this is how many children he has unfettered access to as soon as he's released.

20 years isn't enough. MOO.

That’s a great point in his favor - that he didn’t access anything illegal after those few days. I haven’t read the filings yet, but that speaks to remorse. (I understand his position remains the same - it wasn’t him/appeal).

This article mentions a few. ‘Josh didn’t choose this life’: Duggar’s wife, mother, and others write letters to judge pleading for leniency in sentencing

If he had remorse, he would have pleaded guilty, apologized to the court and accepted his punishment.

If he had remorse, he would have sought help for himself a long time ago.

IMO

From LaCount Reber's letter in support of Josh:
“It was interesting to see that Joshua always seemed to have a good attitude,” Reber wrote, “throughout the discouraging circumstances that he was facing.”

"Interesting" strikes me as, well, interesting.

From a parent of a child who appeared in the CSAM that he viewed; I've added the bold:

“I can find no words to express the fury I feel at those who participate in this evil,” she stated, “or my scorn for any attempt to minimize the responsibility by feeble claims that the crime was ‘victimless.’ My daughter is a real person. She was horribly victimized to provide this source of ‘entertainment.’ She is exploited anew each and every time an image of her suffering is copied, traded or sold.”

The girl herself also had some words for the defendant: “Don’t you know no one should do that to a little girl!” she wrote. “Don’t you know it hurts!”

LaCount Reber is a close family friend with whom Duggar lived during his pretrial conditional release. He explains that the defendant “displayed a great amount of patience and kindness as he interacted with [Reber’s] wife and children,” exhibiting “a great deal of care and consideration.”

Am I reading this correctly? JD was allowed to live with a family with children during his conditional release?

About 4:30 in Scott Reisch comments on what criteria the judge may consider in sentencing. I found it interesting that he says if he were the judge, he would place Josh Duggar towards the higher end of the sentencing range because Josh has 7 children and it would be best if he has no contact with his children until they are all 18 years of age. I hope this is the outcome.

LaCount Reber is a close family friend with whom Duggar lived during his pretrial conditional release. He explains that the defendant “displayed a great amount of patience and kindness as he interacted with [Reber’s] wife and children,” exhibiting “a great deal of care and consideration.”

Am I reading this correctly? JD was allowed to live with a family with children during his conditional release?
IIRC, they were older. The son I believe was married and out of the house. The daughter was in her early 20s. She did teach piano to children at the house so they had to find another location for the lessons. She has since married Josh’s brother in law (wife Anna’s brother David) and moved out.

There are two Reber children, both adults. I believe only one daughter remained at home. Mrs. Reber did have to adjust her piano lessons (minor children) as children were not allowed in the Reber home, IIRC.

I have to say this is disturbing on so many levels. I had heard there had been trouble in this family, this shows it. To me, even though he is being convicted of child p#rn, which is disgusting and awful enough, the fact is that he is a child moles*er waiting to be caught. He might have m$olested his siblings. How awful this monster is married and has a daughter. He should lose all parental rights for the safety of that child. I see he has been convicted of child mol$station, and how sick. The worst kind of scum.

I have to say this is disturbing on so many levels. I had heard there had been trouble in this family, this shows it. To me, even though he is being convicted of child p#rn, which is disgusting and awful enough, the fact is that he is a child moles*er waiting to be caught. He might have m$olested his siblings. How awful this monster is married and has a daughter. He should lose all parental rights for the safety of that child. I see he has been convicted of child mol$station, and how sick. The worst kind of scum.
He hasn’t been convicted of child molestation. This trial involves CSAM.

Josh has 7 children. He admitted to touching his younger sisters, so there is no ‘might’ about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member