Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mom — who is clearly a grown woman — signed her letter to the judge with an honest to God heart over the i in Michelle instead of a standard dotted i. :rolleyes:

My own opinion is that sentencing comes with whether or not there is any potential for rehabilitation. Josh Duggar has continued to double down on his defense that it wasn't him. It was anyone else in the world, aside from Josh Duggar.

His lack of accountability, remorse, access to children, complete denial or acknowledgement of his crimes by his wife is more than concerning. I would say ten years. But would not be surprised by 20.

My own opinion is that sentencing comes with whether or not there is any potential for rehabilitation. Josh Duggar has continued to double down on his defense that it wasn't him. It was anyone else in the world, aside from Josh Duggar.

His lack of accountability, remorse, access to children, complete denial or acknowledgement of his crimes by his wife is more than concerning. I would say ten years. But would not be surprised by 20.
Lack of accountability or remorse will be a huge factor, IMO.

I hope you're right about the 10 - 20 years @mickey2942
I'm worried it will be more like 10 years with the possibility of parole at 6.

I hope you're right about the 10 - 20 years @mickey2942
I'm worried it will be more like 10 years with the possibility of parole at 6.
This case is beginning to look like a strip off--things that were not seen or heard are coming home to roost. How Josh developed an interest in aberrant sex should be closely looked at. His sex related addiction didn't develop out of thin air. Somewhere along the line, he learned the ropes of sex abuse as a young child, imo. I don't think prison will fix his problem--but at least he won't be on the streets participating in the viewing of disturbing material.

This case is beginning to look like a strip off--things that were not seen or heard are coming home to roost. How Josh developed an interest in aberrant sex should be closely looked at. His sex related addiction didn't develop out of thin air. Somewhere along the line, he learned the ropes of sex abuse as a young child, imo. I don't think prison will fix his problem--but at least he won't be on the streets participating in the viewing of disturbing material.
I don’t think he will be rehabilitated in prison either. He has too many enablers who are unwilling to see and believe that he is guilty, as evidenced by the letters written by friends and family. The biggest enabler is his wife. IMO

People like this are never rehabilitated. They just learn stealth. How not to get caught. JMO.

I agree. I know that the evidence shows that he only viewed CSAM on those few days. If that's actually true, it does potentially speak to remorse. But I wonder if he panicked when he realized that his actions were traceable and found another device to continue access. That device may be as-yet undiscovered, or it could have been precluded from trial for some evidentiary reason that never got to the motion stage. His history - the molestations, the Ashley Madison encounters, etc - doesn't show that he did something once and then stopped.

Of course, the alternative is that there was never another hidden device...I hope the children have a safe trusted adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member