Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1 exactly! A woman dependent on a man, for a place to live, food, is more likely to "not see" and not acknowledge what a man is doing that doesn't match the "Perfect Husband and Father" persona. I have seen it. And was amazed by the level of denial. Perhaps it is a learned defense mechanism?

I was stunned when the judge stated Josh Duggar could see his kids as long as Anna was present! Not blaming Anna...but she is conditioned to ignore any behavior by Josh that doesn't match the mantra of "Perfect Husband, provider, and father".

Josh Duggar has been sentenced to 151 months in prison, which is between 12 and 13 years.

No surprise. No probation or early out for federal sentencing.

Two prison options

Josh Duggar will either go to Seagoville, Texas to serve his sentence, or to a prison in Texarkana, Arkansas, according to The Sun's court reporter at the sentencing.

12 years is good but IMO not good enough. I wanted him to get 17 or 18 years, so that his youngest child would no longer be a minor.

I think the youngest is a year old? Maybe less? So if he gets out in 12 years, that child will still be a minor.

Better than five years, but again, not enough to prevent him from living with his own minor children in the future.

Jmo

Per the Sun, they are now discussing the widow. And the heartbreak that he can’t support her any longer.

I’m not sure how that’s a factor. First, she has 9 kids. THAT should be a factor. Josh and his family have been living in a converted warehouse thing while he gives her 2k per month? How much access to the kids does he have?

Second, if he gets the minimum of five years, she’s going to have to make other arrangements anyhow.

On a side note, based on my extensive research into their particular sect, Imo, women are not supposed to obtain any real higher education not work outside the home, unless it is for a family business or highly chaperoned and involving only other women or kids. When people question what should happen to the woman and her children if her husband dies, “God will provide.”

IMO, this leaves women very vulnerable to abuse both during marriage and after their husband dies.

No one should be forced to be dependent on charity from strangers.
I’ll add that 7 of the kids are grown, with only 2 remaining at home. Maybe the grown kids can help? Also she’s been widowed for 4 years. I understand their sect makes it very hard. But she should have a plan by now. I say that as a widow of 1 1/2 years that had to get an unexpected plan. I’m lucky I have a good job & had support to make decisions.

I would have loved to see this predator get the maximum too, but I don't think that was realistic given the influence of the family and how much political clout the Duggars have in Arkansas.

In addition to his prison sentence, he will have 20 years of probation - he will be monitored and forbidden to have any unsupervised contact with children - even his own. In other words, he won't be living with his children or any children for that matter. His children will be safe from him, hopefully.

I would have loved to see this predator get the maximum too, but I don't think that was realistic given the influence of the family and how much political clout the Duggars have in Arkansas.

In addition to his prison sentence, he will have 20 years of probation - he will be monitored and forbidden to have any unsupervised contact with children - even his own. In other words, he won't be living with his children or any children for that matter. His children will be safe from him, hopefully.

It’s a federal case and it seems that the sentencing guidelines are fairly strict. I’ve heard that similar cases tend to get around 7-10 years, so this seems decent. Clout did not play a part. He would have gotten five years if that was the case. 20 years did not ever really seem to be on the table.

85% for federal cases, he can earn more "good time" via the First Step Act since he's a first time offender for this charge but I've read that those credits are hard to earn.

It's better than nothing. I wonder what his sisters and the former babysitter think. He's done so much damage. No justice for the CSAM victims.

I don’t believe he wasn’t given the max due to any family influence. I believe the judge followed sentencing guidelines for his crime and other factors. He was not influenced by this family. IMO

It’s a federal case and it seems that the sentencing guidelines are fairly strict. I’ve heard that similar cases tend to get around 7-10 years, so this seems decent. Clout did not play a part. He would have gotten five years if that was the case. 20 years did not ever really seem to be on the table.
Why not the full 20 years particularly for this type of crime if you know? Thanks in advance. It seems to me that given his history his behavior warrants the maximum. I feel this way about all these types of perps but especially the ones with previous documented crimes.

Why not the full 20 years particularly for this type of crime if you know? Thanks in advance. It seems to me that given his history his behavior warrants the maximum. I feel this way about all these types of perps but especially the ones with previous documented crimes.
He was not previously charged or convicted of any crimes. But the judge clearly took his previous actions into consideration when deciding the sentence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong