Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Oprah Winfrey Show interview with some of the Duggars was apparently in the planning stages when, per the report, Harpo received an email on Dec. 7, 2006, in which the sender claimed that Josh (whose name was blacked out by authorities wherever mentioned throughout the report) had molested certain minor victims (whose names were also blacked out throughout) and the Duggars were "not what they seem to be."

"I think that you should know the truth before they make a complete fool of you and your show," read the tip, as included in the report.

[URL="https://imgur.com/a/zqPMi#14"]imgur.com[/URL]

Josh Duggar Police Report: Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios Was Tipped Off About Molestation Accusations, Family Interview Never Happened - E! Online

In response to the conditions of potential release outlined by Judge Erin L. Wiedemann during the April 30 arraignment, the motion says Duggar "has provided this Court's Office of Pretrial Services the name and contact information of a third-party custodian with whom Duggar can reside. No minor children reside in that home."
Joshua Duggar files a motion for release as he awaits trial on child *advertiser censored* charges - CNN

I haven't found a complete report of today's hearing but I saw that earlier Josh's lawyers asked that he be allowed to return home to his family while awaiting trial.
Josh Duggar Asks to Return Home to Pregnant Wife, Kids in Bail Request

Statement from Josh and wife in May 2016:
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2016/05/new-statement-from-josh-and-anna/

I guess all that counseling didn't stick very well.

The sun page also says Jill and Amy are there. I wonder if it's to support Josh or to make sure he doesn't get out on bail.

I’m pretty sure poor Jill isn’t there to support him. She’s the only one ostracized by the family. Think of that- Josh molests his siblings several times. He cheats on his wife with a *advertiser censored* star. He apparently has an on-going “*advertiser censored*” addiction. He then gets caught for child sexual abuse images. And yet he’s continually embraced by his family.

But Jill! She refuses to be part of the Counting On thing anymore because she wants her own contract, and she cuts her hair, wears a tiny nose ring, wears pants! goes to therapy, and, GASP, has a drink. And she’s totally ostracized.

I can only imagine the total feeling of betrayal and grief she feels at having been compelled to forgive this ******* and told he had repented and was redeemed and the watched as he regained his honored position as a family patriarch.

Poor woman.

So far CNN is report July 6 is day set for trial. No news on bail. The court may be keeping it quiet from the public until Josh is safely out of the court house and hidden away. That has been done on other court cases.

Joshua Duggar files a motion for release as he awaits trial on child *advertiser censored* charges - CNN

Ah, here we go:

Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Gerald Faulkner, testifying for the prosecution, alleged Duggar downloaded computer files depicting child sex abuse on May 14, 15 and 16 of 2019.

The files were initially flagged by a police detective in Little Rock, Ark., and then allegedly traced to Duggar's IP address on a computer at his workplace at the time, the Wholesale Motorcars dealership.

One file, according to Faulkner, depicted child sex abuse involving children ranging from 18 months to 12 years of age. Faulkner described the images as "in the top five of the worst of the worst that I've ever had to examine."
Josh Duggar Hearing: Homeland Security Agent Details Timeline of Child *advertiser censored* Case

More at the link, including an interesting comment from Josh: When officials raided the car dealership they asked to speak to Josh. Without knowing why they were there he spontaneously asked if someone was downloading child *advertiser censored*. Hmm.

In response to the conditions of potential release outlined by Judge Erin L. Wiedemann during the April 30 arraignment, the motion says Duggar "has provided this Court's Office of Pretrial Services the name and contact information of a third-party custodian with whom Duggar can reside. No minor children reside in that home."

I haven't found a complete report of today's hearing but I saw that earlier Josh's lawyers asked that he be allowed to return home to his family while awaiting trial.
Josh Duggar Asks to Return Home to Pregnant Wife, Kids in Bail Request

Statement from Josh and wife in May 2016:
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2016/05/new-statement-from-josh-and-anna/

I guess all that counseling didn't stick very well.

There was NO actual counseling. He went to Reformer’s Anonymous for six months which is a christian rehab that focuses on prayer, bible study and labor. There is not one mental health professional on staff. They do not believe in psychology in that sect.

The sun page also says Jill and Amy are there. I wonder if it's to support Josh or to make sure he doesn't get out on bail.
as someone said Jill is the one ostracized by her family and the one who spoke about being in therapy. Cousin Amy is from what I gather from social media posts one of her best friends and provides emotional support. Amy might be there for Jill.

It is somehow worse than I thought. I am so so disgusted and horrified. He has 3 DAUGHTERS over the age of 18 months and his wife is pregnant with another! I am praying that they have never fallen victim to him. He is a monster. And yeah, I will say that. I fully believe he is guilty.

And all this time he was around SO many children. I am SICK.

Is The Sun a reliable source and allowed per TOS here?

It's considered MSM and the link was first posted by a mod. So yes it is considered reliable.

Faulkner alleged that when Duggar was asked point blank about seeing or having child sex abuse material in his possession, he said, "I'd rather not answer that question."

Faulkner also said Duggar had a program on his computer called "Covenant Eyes," which the agent described as "accountability software" that monitors and reports objectionable internet use to a partner and is meant to help people with *advertiser censored* addictions. According to Faulkner, the program was registered to Duggar and would send reports to his wife, Anna.

But according to Faulkner, Covenant Eyes was unable to detect Duggar's internet usage on the password-protected network he used.
Josh Duggar Hearing: Homeland Security Agent Details Timeline of Child *advertiser censored* Case

I assume Jill and Amy are on the Zoom call because they are horrified and want to see the charges. I know some of the other family members are downplaying the situation, but I believe Jill and Amy realize how serious it is.

Thanks @Springrain.

Right now the only positive thing I can say is those kids did not have to witness him being arrested... So many disgusting things in that article.

I wonder what they have told the kids. The oldest kid is about 11 or 12 and has to know something is wrong. But I am also glad they didn't see the arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa