Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume Jill and Amy are on the Zoom call because they are horrified and want to see the charges. I know some of the other family members are downplaying the situation, but I believe Jill and Amy realize how serious it is.

I wonder what they have told the kids. The oldest kid is about 11 or 12 and has to know something is wrong. But I am also glad they didn't see the arrest.
Hopefully the family will be strongly encouraged to seek professional advice on how to explain Josh's arrest to the kids. I also hope federal agents interview the oldest girl as a precautionary measure.

So far CNN is report July 6 is day set for trial. No news on bail. The court may be keeping it quiet from the public until Josh is safely out of the court house and hidden away. That has been done on other court cases.

Joshua Duggar files a motion for release as he awaits trial on child *advertiser censored* charges - CNN

Hearing was via Zoom, Josh was not physically there...

Anyone heard anything on bail yet?

Yeah, I really want to see that too. Haven't heard anything myself.

Also, does anyone know about where he might be getting transferred? I have seen comments saying that he may not stay imprisoned in Arkansas but I haven't seem any sources to that.

I'M pretty sure his attorney said Josh has a 3rd party to stay with. If Jer still has the apt. maybe? Humm..This 3rd party is more than a place to stay, the 3rd party has to make sure he complies with bond....Well, not force him but still sounds like a tall order to keep him away from their own phone and devices, computers, etc...Then having all his visitors over to your place..etc...

2 Cents
Jed got married recently and Jer is courting a girl so, probably moving quickly into proposing and getting married.

Hopefully the family will be strongly encouraged to seek professional advice on how to explain Josh's arrest to the kids. I also hope federal agents interview the oldest girl as a precautionary measure.

I totally agree, but also I hope they interview all of his daughters (besides the toddler). He was ("allegedly") looking at sex abuse materials of 18 month olds. That depravity is unbelievable. I hope they interview his sons too just in case they have witnessed or heard anything.

Yeah, I really want to see that too. Haven't heard anything myself.

Also, does anyone know about where he might be getting transferred? I have seen comments saying that he may not stay imprisoned in Arkansas but I haven't seem any sources to that.

Just a guess... a federal facility with a higher security level? It appears AR has two federal facilities. One is low security, the other medium. Here is a link to a list and map of all the federal facilities.

BOP: Locations By State

bbm
Whoahhh... that doesn't sound good at all. :(
If this had to do with drugs or money laundering, though--- would the "no minors" clause still be in place ?
MOO
Eta : I posted this before reading the charges.
I wish his wife would divorce him and get full custody of the little ones !
No. She standing him. 6 victims and counting. So disgusting. MOO

Just a quick correction of the link to this important website:

Recovering Grace

Thank you so much. I had a browser window open on the site, and still typed " .com".
I REALLY appreciate your correction, as, IMO, RecoveringGrace.org is THE definitive and " easy" way to understand all that Gothard and his followers stand s for and worshipfully BELIEVE.
One source with first person narratives of how he is an abuser, now finally stripped of his official power because the BOD could not ignore the outpouring of truth any longer. Note- one very important historical recounting of abuses and neglect come from the spouse of the victim, as she passed away. He was an eyewitness to much abuse though, as he was one of Gothard's hired pilots for years.

In case it's still not clear to some, the Duggars follow the teachings of Bill Gothard, and one branch of his national organizations named her " Mother Of The Year" nationally in 2010. I believe this is relevant because it is factual and concerns the parent of Josh Duggar who helped raise him from birth.

The parole officer said: "Based on his job and he’s a pastor, volunteers, they could be suitable third party custodians. However, the minors coming into the home and the pistols cause the probation office some concern.”
She requested he not be released.

OK'd for release under strict guidelines, will wear GPS monitor — BAIL GRANTED OK'd to be released Thursday.

Josh Duggar to be RELEASED from jail on child *advertiser censored* charges

Josh Duggar granted release Thursday; hefty list of stipulations

Faulkner alleged that when Duggar was asked point blank about seeing or having child sex abuse material in his possession, he said, "I'd rather not answer that question."

Faulkner also said Duggar had a program on his computer called "Covenant Eyes," which the agent described as "accountability software" that monitors and reports objectionable internet use to a partner and is meant to help people with *advertiser censored* addictions. According to Faulkner, the program was registered to Duggar and would send reports to his wife, Anna.

But according to Faulkner, Covenant Eyes was unable to detect Duggar's internet usage on the password-protected network he used.
Josh Duggar Hearing: Homeland Security Agent Details Timeline of Child *advertiser censored* Case
Not surprised the monitoring system didn't work. I am skeptical enough to think the program is to soothe wives and mothers....while the men continue doing what they're doing because the program doesn't actually work.

jmo

The parole officer said: "Based on his job and he’s a pastor, volunteers, they could be suitable third party custodians. However, the minors coming into the home and the pistols cause the probation office some concern.”

OK'd for release under strict guidelines, will wear GPS monitor — BAIL GRANTED OK'd to be released Thursday.

As I predicted.

The password of one of the programs used to obtain the images was the last four digits of Mr. Duggar's birth year, the same password was used for Josh's bank accounts, websites and more.

Josh all used one of the programs to view *advertiser censored* including rape and child *advertiser censored*.

The agent mentioned how downloads from a specific file were made. The agent said the file “is in the top five worst I have ever had to examine,” as the specific file has been known to include children as young as 18 months old. The agent did not say Josh downloaded the photos involving an 18 month old.
Parole officer Diem Nguyen then took the stand, as she mentioned the “third party” Josh may live with if he is released.

Mr. and Mrs. [R - I've redacted for now], who have been friends of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar for five to six years, have agreed to allow Josh to live with them.

Mr. [R] offers ministry to prisoners, while his wife is a piano teacher.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/14864059/josh-duggar-child-*advertiser censored*-court-hearing/

Not surprised the monitoring system didn't work. I am skeptical enough to think the program is to soothe wives and mothers....while the men continue doing what they're doing because the program doesn't actually work.

jmo

It didn’t work because he partitioned the computer and used the side that did not contain the program.

I would like to know WHO taught Josh to set up his computer in a way that would allow him to do this undetected (by his wife). This man was educated at the dining room table by his mother. That is not a knock on homeschooling in general but on Duggar homeschooling in particular. They don't teach computer literacy so where the heck did he learn this?

Josh Duggar granted release Thursday; hefty list of stipulations
WTAH? They need to have a guard watching over him 24 not some device he can cut off,so he he can disappear. SMH. I fear for any children he will come into contact with. His wife obviously won't do anything to protect her own children from him. About to spit nails here. I hope CPS comes and removes the children. No way should they be kept in that environment. MOO

The password of one of the programs used to obtain the images was the last four digits of Mr. Duggar's birth year, the same password was used for Josh's bank accounts, websites and more.

Josh all used one of the programs to view *advertiser censored* including rape and child *advertiser censored*.

The agent mentioned how downloads from a specific file were made. The agent said the file “is in the top five worst I have ever had to examine,” as the specific file has been known to include children as young as 18 months old. The agent did not say Josh downloaded the photos involving an 18 month old.
Parole officer Diem Nguyen then took the stand, as she mentioned the “third party” Josh may live with if he is released.

Mr. and Mrs. [R - I've redacted for now], who have been friends of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar for five to six years, have agreed to allow Josh to live with them.

Mr. [R] offers ministry to prisoners, while his wife is a piano teacher.

I wonder how much JB had to pay for "Mr. and Mrs. R" to take Josh in....I am surprised that he was allowed bail. Although, they may be giving him just enough rope...to really get messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member