Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the idea that the book was wholly about the molesting, but rather the influence that the family had on both of them and their marriage. It was probably not literally written by either of them, but a ghost writer.

I also keep wondering why the adult children keep putting that information out there for public consumption. That is their right. And I recognize that healing is found in multiple ways and my different methods. But as an SA survivor, writing about the details or about my family would be the last thing I'd want to do. I would like to see this family take time away from the public and put time into whatever heals them individually and then what heals the family unit. That's a book I'd buy. AMOO

You are in denial. The DD vid was found on his computer. What do you think that is. It was in a separate file. It was the video he is charged with downloading.
Not everyone (or maybe it's just me) know what DD means. I keep seeing it up on the thread so could someone kindly let us know what it means? My quick google search didn't tell me anything. tia

jmo

Is there a source other than wiki? TIA.
Ok only do this if you are prepared for very grim disgusting details
google Peter Scully, there are many links cited in his wiki page including the one on the video Josh Duggar possessed: What is Daisy’s Destruction? ‘Snuff film’ urban legend actually exists. This is an article cited on the wiki page that goes into the genre of this type of *advertiser censored*: Inside the Repulsive World of 'Hurtcore', the Worst Crimes Imaginable.
While researching, please take care of yourself and know your own boundaries. I feel uncomfortable googling anything related to it so I just took wiki references.

Not everyone (or maybe it's just me) know what DD means. I keep seeing it up on the thread so could someone kindly let us know what it means? My quick google search didn't tell me anything. tia

jmo
  • TW: At 5:25 user of desktop downloads a file called “DD” that is known in the ICAC circle. Faulkner says that this series ranks in the top 5 of the worst CP he’s had to examine.

Under questioning by federal prosecutors, Faulkner told the judge that investigators found evidence of a known series of child *advertiser censored* on Duggar's computer at his car dealership business, some of it depicting sexual abuse of children as young as 18 months old. One series, he said, is called Daisy's Destruction.

"It ranks in the top five of the worst, worst I’ve ever had to examine," Faulkner testified.
    Josh Duggar granted release from jail pending trial in child *advertiser censored* case

• He downloaded other files pedomom, etc…IMO

Last edited:
I assume Jill and Amy are on the Zoom call because they are horrified and want to see the charges. I know some of the other family members are downplaying the situation, but I believe Jill and Amy realize how serious it is.

I wonder what they have told the kids. The oldest kid is about 11 or 12 and has to know something is wrong. But I am also glad they didn't see the arrest.

bbm

I imagine it's along the lines of. . . yada, yada, yada, the DEVIL. . . .yada, yada, yada. . . TEMPTATION. . . yada, yada, yada. . . PRAYER. . . etc.

IMO

I also keep wondering why the adult children keep putting that information out there for public consumption. That is their right. And I recognize that healing is found in multiple ways and my different methods. But as an SA survivor, writing about the details or about my family would be the last thing I'd want to do. I would like to see this family take time away from the public and put time into whatever heals them individually and then what heals the family unit. That's a book I'd buy. AMOO
That's very interesting.

I've read a book by a childhood sex abuse survivor. There is little in the book about her own experience, and the book is aimed at people who haven't suffered abuse, as a helpful tool in dealing with someone in your life who has, to be supportive in their survival.

I thought the book was super helpful as it doesn't only apply to sex abuse. I have a friend going through a divorce right now and what I learned from the book is helping me be a supportive friend and to feel less lost in that role. Many of us simply don't know how to react when a friend or relative has been a victim or who is suffering. (Hint: Saying "I'm proud of you" can be ohhhhh really powerful. It's making me teary right now thinking about how supportive those words are for both the person suffering and for the person saying those words. It helps me recognize how hard it is to be a survivor.)

The author is in her senior years and it likely is not a book she could have written except with the passage of time that gives maturity and wisdom. Those are qualities I honestly don't see in the Duggar family public projects.

jmo

• TW: At 5:25 user of desktop downloads a file called “DD” that is known in the ICAC circle. Faulkner says that this series ranks in the top 5 of the worst CP he’s had to examine.

Under questioning by federal prosecutors, Faulkner told the judge that investigators found evidence of a known series of child *advertiser censored* on Duggar's computer at his car dealership business, some of it depicting sexual abuse of children as young as 18 months old. One series, he said, is called Daisy's Destruction.

"It ranks in the top five of the worst, worst I’ve ever had to examine," Faulkner testified.
    Josh Duggar granted release from jail pending trial in child *advertiser censored* case

So Daisy's Destruction is DD? I thought DD was something more generic than a specific name of a series. Thank you for helping clarify that for those of us who didn't take note of the name of the series.

jmo

I wonder how much JB had to pay for "Mr. and Mrs. R" to take Josh in....I am surprised that he was allowed bail. Although, they may be giving him just enough rope...to really get messed up.

And it sounds like the wife doesn't even want him there? How can this be that she doesn't feel comfortable as her husband works full time even fly? I don't understand as did the court not consider such? If I was married, and didn't want to have him in my house but court said yes... SMH.... And the wife looses income from piano lessons... guess all in that group will know who this couple is now.

"Federal Probation Officer Diem Nguyen: Recommends Duggar should remain in custody. The husband and wife recommended as the third-party custodian have concerns with Duggar staying at the house.

Nguyen said sometimes there are minor children at the house for music lessons, pistols are in the home, and the woman, who is home full-time, feels uncomfortable being alone with Duggar since her husband works full-time.

Last edited:
About the third-party custodians:
- Are they compensated/paid? It sounds like they are giving up the income from piano lessons?
- Would they face consequences for allowing Internet access?
- Are they allowed to back out of the arrangement?
- Does anyone verify that firearms & internet are secure?
- Is Josh allowed to be in their home by himself? If so, for how long?

By the courts, they are not paid. Jim Bob may be paying them in money or in future favors. Keep in mind that despite all the scandals, the Duggar family is still "fundie royalty" as the fans like to put it. The family who is serving as custodians have a child who is around the same age as a Duggar boy so they may be doing this in exchange for setting up a courtship and future marriage.

In a quick search I couldn't find whether they face consequences for allowing internet access but I would be shocked if they did not. I found several instances of indictments of custodians in other states but searching in Arkansas just brought up a lot of unrelated family law.

As far as I can tell, yes, they can back out.

Most likely their house will be checked. Many sources I read about custodianship mentioned that the custodians agree to a loss of privacy because the authorities can some for an inspection if they have cause to believe the rules aren't being followed.

I have no idea whether he's allowed to be home alone. I would be surprised if he was.

Ok only do this if you are prepared for very grim disgusting details
google Peter Scully, there are many links cited in his wiki page including the one on the video Josh Duggar possessed: What is Daisy’s Destruction? ‘Snuff film’ urban legend actually exists. This is an article cited on the wiki page that goes into the genre of this type of *advertiser censored*: Inside the Repulsive World of 'Hurtcore', the Worst Crimes Imaginable.
While researching, please take care of yourself and know your own boundaries. I feel uncomfortable googling anything related to it so I just took wiki references.
Thanks. I will not be googling. I just didn't know what DD meant - I don't need to see it or learn more now that someone defined it as the name of the series that the FBI said is horrific.

A person's soul would have to be GONE to be into that. And once you lose your soul, I don't think it comes back. He can never, ever be around children, imo.

jmo

By the courts, they are not paid. Jim Bob may be paying them in money or in future favors. Keep in mind that despite all the scandals, the Duggar family is still "fundie royalty" as the fans like to put it. The family who is serving as custodians have a child who is around the same age as a Duggar boy so they may be doing this in exchange for setting up a courtship and future marriage.

In a quick search I couldn't find whether they face consequences for allowing internet access but I would be shocked if they did not. I found several instances of indictments of custodians in other states but searching in Arkansas just brought up a lot of unrelated family law.

As far as I can tell, yes, they can back out.

Most likely their house will be checked. Many sources I read about custodianship mentioned that the custodians agree to a loss of privacy because the authorities can some for an inspection if they have cause to believe the rules aren't being followed.

I have no idea whether he's allowed to be home alone. I would be surprised if he was.
That's a huge burden and responsibility to take on.

jmo

Over and over again and it seems he has been caught with a 'mistake' again. How many 'mistakes' in the intervening years.
Someone should sit Anna down and make her watch the DD file and then try to say it was a 'mistake'.

I was actually thinking this same thing. I’m not sure how the system understands this cult’s beliefs and lifestyle. I hope a secular person is making sure Anna knows what he is interested in. Although, iirc, sin is sin to the Duggar’s. It is all equal. Lying, stealing, murder, csa...all just sin.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
And it sounds like the wife doesn't even want him there? How can this be that she doesn't feel comfortable as her husband works full time even fly? I don't understand as did the court not consider such? If I was married, and didn't want to have him in my house but court said yes... SMH....

"Federal Probation Officer Diem Nguyen: Recommends Duggar should remain in custody. The husband and wife recommended as the third-party custodian have concerns with Duggar staying at the house.

Nguyen said sometimes there are minor children at the house for music lessons, pistols are in the home, and the woman, who is home full-time, feels uncomfortable being alone with Duggar since her husband works full-time.
It's her home. Her husband is often gone. She has a life teaching children music in her home, which I"m assuming is both a joy and a source of income. She is a grown woman with valid concerns....and she was ignored.

And you know the burden for taking in JD will be on her. She will be the one responsible for making this work. She is the one whose life has to change, while her husband will continue probably as he normally has.

What year is this?

jmo

Their attitude toward bailing him out when he was caught the first time, more than anything else, made me question whether or not he had been abused. To me it signaled a "those things happen" attitude by the father. I apologize if I misspoke when I said that sometimes the abused become an abuser. I in no way was contending that it is an absolute or even something that happens a majority of the time.

I was speaking from the standpoint of people I know personally, and males specifically. I'm no expert on the topic. I'm no scholar on the topic. I can only say that some males I know who were sexually abused in childhood did not offend in adulthood. Some did.

Regardless of data on the issue, it certainly feels that trafficking and other sexual abuses of vulnerable individuals of all ages, within all religious or non religious persuasions, and all walks of life is not slowing, regardless of how many task forces and the excellent work that they do.

My comment was also spurred by trying to make sense in some way, like humans do, of an awful situation. Obviously not all abusers were abused. I'm just trying to understand. And again, I meant no offense.

It seems to me that any single study on the topic would be prone to validity issues. Just in the last 5 years, consider the cultural shift in how SA is defined. Rape of a spouse hasn't been recognized in all 50 states for that many years, which is appalling.

<modsnip>

Not supposed to speculate here about non-accused persons.....but...I completely agree with your impressions. It almost seems a given that those who protest the loudest are projecting their own behaviors. It almost seems as if the entire 19 kids thing might have been a cover for a very dark patriarch who simply craved the availability of children. Moo and just thoughts. I do wonder if the adult girls who Josh molested are being so public about their abuse in part because they are not ready to let the revelations end there, almost like they are hinting that what they can speak about is nothing compared to the bigger picture of their whole experience in that family. Like they want someone held accountable who is as yet under the public radar. Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Regardless of data on the issue, it certainly feels that trafficking and other sexual abuses of vulnerable individuals of all ages, within all religious or non religious persuasions, and all walks of life is not slowing, regardless of how many task forces and the excellent work that they do.

My comment was also spurred by trying to make sense in some way, like humans do, of an awful situation. Obviously not all abusers were abused. I'm just trying to understand. And again, I meant no offense.

It seems to me that any single study on the topic would be prone to validity issues. Just in the last 5 years, consider the cultural shift in how SA is defined. Rape of a spouse hasn't been recognized in all 50 states for that many years, which is appalling.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

IMO it's because they have no other source of income. The new show (Counting On) is on hiatus and likely won't come back given this new "scandal" as they like to put it. The children were never given any skills that could translate into a real job and they just keep having more children so even if they wanted a job, childcare would completely wipe out whatever they earned.

<modsnip>

Given this info, I don't understand why the judge let this guy out on bail. If, as other people have noted, the man of the house where he'll be staying is going to be away a lot, JD will be the default man of the house, no? In this cult, women do not have a say in anything. JD will be able to continue his habit, ya? This couple are taking him in, IMO, because of the Duggar family influence and power within the cult. Which member of the community will offer him a secret device to use to get more "DD"?

I will look for the transcript of the timeline, but I think it went something like this:

the partition was installed the day before the download. The download of this known horror triggered the detective and led to the IP address of Josh’s car lot computer. They looked at this 3 day period only. They know it is Josh based on geo location, and texts, plus the password is his. Before the viewing he texted Anna saying he would be late he was stuck at the car lot. Where this was viewed.

This is based on memory from reading yesterday.

I hope he gets 40 years.

My car got broken into once. I was young and it was a very nice car. I felt violated that someone rummaged through my glove compartment. That’s my thoughts on the co-author. (But I agree that it was likely ghostwritten).

With all that said, the spouse of a victim of abuse can be a secondary victim - those scars can run very, very deep and impact a much-later loving relationship. I think this came to light back with Cardinal Law in Boston. I worry that there’s an icky intersection here, where the property/headship doctrine collides with the female body as a crime scene.

I love this woman’s gentle piece on her husband’s PTSD rooted in childhood abuse: On Marrying a Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong