Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. Plea deals happen frequently in trials, even in federal cases.

I will put my "prediction" for this case now, in print. We can look back later and see if I am right.

There will be a plea deal in June. Sealed by the court. There is probably a lot more that would be public information during a trial. JB Duggar wants this gone. I also think that Josh's siblings who worked at the car dealership could potentially be pulled into this mess. Either as possible informants, or potential defendants with more charges pending.

There will be some sort of "medical" emergency with Anna Duggar. Josh will be "needed" at his home. I believe that Anna Duggar is probably moving now from the compound.

Josh will no doubt get a sentence, but it will be light, quick, and he will have liberal probation, due to being "needed" by his wife and children to support them.

I could be wrong, these are just guesses...so let's see how this plays out.

I will put my "prediction" for this case now, in print. We can look back later and see if I am right.

There will be a plea deal in June. Sealed by the court. There is probably a lot more that would be public information during a trial. JB Duggar wants this gone. I also think that Josh's siblings who worked at the car dealership could potentially be pulled into this mess. Either as possible informants, or potential defendants with more charges pending.

There will be some sort of "medical" emergency with Anna Duggar. Josh will be "needed" at his home. I believe that Anna Duggar is probably moving now from the compound.

Josh will no doubt get a sentence, but it will be light, quick, and he will have liberal probation, due to being "needed" by his wife and children to support them.

I hope you are wrong too and that justice is served in the end.

Question: If Josh is convicted, serves his sentence, and is released as a registered sex offender, can he see his kids? He can't return home or can he? Will they need two separate households from this point forward?

jmo

Question: If Josh is convicted, serves his sentence, and is released as a registered sex offender, can he see his kids? He can't return home or can he? Will they need two separate households from this point forward?

jmo

I don't know. I believe that when Jared Fogel's wife divorced him, she wanted to severe his parental rights.

Looks like Jared is living a pretty good life. Maybe Josh can get placed here, sounds cush.

Subway pedophile Jared Fogle is living the 'high life' in prison, ex-con reveals | Daily Mail Online

jmo

The answer is a possible Yes. I would think it would be up to Judge, state laws, Federal laws.

I personally know of a case here in Kansas. I know the family but they are not not friends, just know them, used to say hi and chat a little, acquaintances. Never did anything with them. Several times, the wife would just open up and talk to a bunch of us sitting around a a certain place have coffee and she revealed the following. The father, her husband, was caught, tried and jailed for about 2 years for a similar crime(s). When he got out, he lived in a one room apartment. His wife and 2 kids lived elsewhere in another apartment. She paid for all his living expenses, plus hers and the children. At first, for at least a year he could only have contact with his wife under supervision. No contact with children. He got some sort of job, reported to probation etc. He then earned the ‘right’ to call his children on the phone under court supervision, not wife supervision. Again, after a year, he was given the right to see his children under court supervision. This took place in a building where children’s can see relatives but with court supervisors all around, no child is ever left alone, everyone goes out certain assigned doors at certain times. He or she had to,pay the cost of the ‘babysitting fee’. After a long time he was given permission to go on day outing as long as the mother went with. He and she had to report to probation officer where they were going, time limits were assigned, usually during day light hours, and if they were going in one car or two. Everything had to be preapproved
After a considerable time, the father then got to visit the mother and children at her place, during the day. This again went on for months. Next step he was allowed to stay over night once a month, then slowly he was able to move back in with the wife and children. This was done over many years.
He kept a job for a few years and had no more issues, but then one day his wife came in and said he was diagnosed with cancer and it is not looking good for him. I have not seen the family in 2 years now.
So for him, it was a long road to prove he could be good. He had not been caught before that anyone knew of.
I don’t know what Idaho would do, but it can happen. Some of their children may be in college if Josh ever got the right to be alone with them.
And No, the husband and wife never spent a night together until he was given the clear to spend the first night as a family.
I do want to say, on a few occasions before he was allowed to move back in with the family, she and the children would bring him to where we hs coffee. It was very hard on all of us to be civil to him. We were nice because of the children. They never stayed more then 30 minutes but it was hard. None of us ever had this experience before. A lot of the talk was around the kids school activities or sports. He was very quiet with the mom doing most of the talking.
I hoped this help.

If you look at the last paragraph in this article it points out that a person can be charged with both state and federal charges as part of the same offense. Citizen's Guide To U.S. Federal Law On Child *advertiser censored*
True, but so far, he has not been charged by the state. The post I was responding to didn't seem to realize this is currently a federal case being tried in federal court, though I may have misinterpreted their intended meaning.

The answer is a possible Yes. I would think it would be up to Judge, state laws, Federal laws.

I personally know of a case here in Kansas. I know the family but they are not not friends, just know them, used to say hi and chat a little, acquaintances. Never did anything with them. Several times, the wife would just open up and talk to a bunch of us sitting around a a certain place have coffee and she revealed the following. The father, her husband, was caught, tried and jailed for about 2 years for a similar crime(s). When he got out, he lived in a one room apartment. His wife and 2 kids lived elsewhere in another apartment. She paid for all his living expenses, plus hers and the children. At first, for at least a year he could only have contact with his wife under supervision. No contact with children. He got some sort of job, reported to probation etc. He then earned the ‘right’ to call his children on the phone under court supervision, not wife supervision. Again, after a year, he was given the right to see his children under court supervision. This took place in a building where children’s can see relatives but with court supervisors all around, no child is ever left alone, everyone goes out certain assigned doors at certain times. He or she had to,pay the cost of the ‘babysitting fee’. After a long time he was given permission to go on day outing as long as the mother went with. He and she had to report to probation officer where they were going, time limits were assigned, usually during day light hours, and if they were going in one car or two. Everything had to be preapproved
After a considerable time, the father then got to visit the mother and children at her place, during the day. This again went on for months. Next step he was allowed to stay over night once a month, then slowly he was able to move back in with the wife and children. This was done over many years.
He kept a job for a few years and had no more issues, but then one day his wife came in and said he was diagnosed with cancer and it is not looking good for him. I have not seen the family in 2 years now.
So for him, it was a long road to prove he could be good. He had not been caught before that anyone knew of.
I don’t know what Idaho would do, but it can happen. Some of their children may be in college if Josh ever got the right to be alone with them.
And No, the husband and wife never spent a night together until he was given the clear to spend the first night as a family.
I do want to say, on a few occasions before he was allowed to move back in with the family, she and the children would bring him to where we hs coffee. It was very hard on all of us to be civil to him. We were nice because of the children. They never stayed more then 30 minutes but it was hard. None of us ever had this experience before. A lot of the talk was around the kids school activities or sports. He was very quiet with the mom doing most of the talking.
I hoped this help.
I have a friend who married a man who was convicted of molesting his very young daughter. He did no jail time, just was put on a bond and had to go for counselling and pay his daughter compensation. The accusation did not come out after or during a divorce, it was when they were married, that it came out. She had been treated for recurring UTIs and the wife's GP voiced his suspicions that sexual abuse was the reason. On sensitive questioning the little girl told of 'games that hurt'.
My friend was in denial and claimed it was so his wife could get money out of him, except the money he paid to the daughter was paid into a trust fund that she could not access (her mother never could) until she was 18.

I hoped this help.
Wow. What a story.

I guess most marriages like this end in divorce. That's a huge burden on the family to keep a sex offender in their lives, but I suspect this is how Anna is going to have to handle her life from now on. I don't think she will leave the "compound" as she will need the extended family support to help with the children....and babysit whle she visits him in his own house. (yuck)

What kind of time are we looking at if he is convicted of all charges? What about if he pleas down?

I have been gone from this thread for a while, but I want to bring up that, on the day in November 2019 that the car lot was raided, one of the brothers, Josiah, who worked at the car lot (who Josh tried to subtly implicate might have been responsible for downloading the CSAM) was proven beyond a doubt to not have been on the premises at the time. Why? Because his wife was giving birth to their daughter and he was with her. The lot was raided at 3:15 pm, their baby was born at 4:24 pm, just over an hour later.

The audacity of Josh to try to pin this on his brother(s), one of whom was welcoming his baby girl at the time...and Anna gave birth shortly after the raid, too.

I think the "medical emergency" will just be her pregnancy and that they will keep him around because he's "needed" to help with her the pregnancy. She's due in the fall, so there's time, and she'll probably be 6-7 months along in July during the trial. Anyway, I do think they will make it out that he needs to be at home, to support her, or whatever.

Of note, they have a "mommy's helper" who is a young girl, a couple years older than their oldest child <modsnip>, living at home with them. I think she would be about 13-14 now. Would Josh be allowed to be around her? I don't think he should be allowed around any children, now or ever (I have made my feelings about that very clear), but if he is allowed his own children, will he be allowed around unrelated children?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of note, they have a "mommy's helper" who is a young girl, a couple years older than their oldest child <modsnip>, living at home with them. I think she would be about 13-14 now. Would Josh be allowed to be around her? I don't think he should be allowed around any children, now or ever (I have made my feelings about that very clear), but if he is allowed his own children, will he be allowed around unrelated children?
The court made a big deal about how Josh is only allowed around his biological children with supervision. He's not supposed to be around his nieces or nephews or any other children, and he can't be by his own children by himself. I would think that girl would fall under the category of other children he is flat-out banned from seeing, and I am not sure why that would change in the future.

The judge literally said: "Your own children, your sibling's children, your minor siblings or others that would come to the property are all a part of the society the court must consider protecting from you, if you are granted this release."

Joshua Duggar will be released from jail as he awaits trial for child *advertiser censored* charges, federal judge rules - CNN

Last edited:
Send the children to visit her family. The child minder, or mommy’s helper…..what?! He does not work, who lay for that? The young person should be in school or are the Duggar’s taking a trouble person in? Is there a link to the mommy’s helper?
This case gets crazier.

Send the children to visit her family. The child minder, or mommy’s helper…..what?! He does not work, who lay for that? The young person should be in school or are the Duggar’s taking a trouble person in? Is there a link to the mommy’s helper?
This case gets crazier.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that only the Patriarch, Jim Bob, works. Adult sons/SILs usually depend on jobs created within his business.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that only the Patriarch, Jim Bob, works. Adult sons/SILs usually work for him.

There are a few who have moved elsewhere so the age independent from JimBob. One is a minister, maybe two, one is finishing up law school and other works at his family’s business/camp. I really don’t think Josh worked since closing of the car dealership. JMOO. I wonder how many of the Duggar adults would like to move on but feel that they are afraid too, afraid of what JimBob will say or do. That is scary.

There are a few who have moved elsewhere so the age independent from JimBob. One is a minister, maybe two, one is finishing up law school and other works at his family’s business/camp. I really don’t think Josh worked since closing of the car dealership. JMOO. I wonder how many of the Duggar adults would like to move on but feel that they are afraid too, afraid of what JimBob will say or do. That is scary.

Right, those adult children who are independent of Jim Bob have moved to places like Los Angeles (Jinger). As noted in previous comments, Michelle and Jim Bob are very controlling, dictating everything down to where their adult children are allowed to live and what they can 'work' at.

Right, those adult children who are independent of Jim Bob have moved to places like Los Angeles (Jinger). As noted in previous comments, Michelle and Jim Bob are very controlling, dictating everything down to where their adult children are allowed to live and what they can 'work' at.
As a parent of adult children, I find that type of control so unappealing. Part of the joy of parenting is NOT having that kind of daily responsibility of the kids anymore. It's a joy and freedom-well-earned to watch your kids mature into functioning adults who don't need mom or dad telling them what to do. I understand family businesses, but not the dictatorship this seems to be. I just don't see the joy in it, personally.

jmo

They were the lucky ones to get away. Noticed not ONE of the male adults have left….maybe they can break free in light of all of this with Josh….maybe, a big maybe. It’s been 3 daughters with strong male spouses.

Jinger even had the audacity to wear pants!

The court made a big deal about how Josh is only allowed around his biological children with supervision. He's not supposed to be around his nieces or nephews or any other children, and he can't be by his own children by himself. I would think that girl would fall under the category of other children he is flat-out banned from seeing, and I am not sure why that would change in the future.

The judge literally said: "Your own children, your sibling's children, your minor siblings or others that would come to the property are all a part of the society the court must consider protecting from you, if you are granted this release."

Joshua Duggar will be released from jail as he awaits trial for child *advertiser censored* charges, federal judge rules - CNN

Josh cannot be around ANY children except his own - period!

The young teen who is Anna's "mother's helper" if Anna really does have one
(would appreciate link on this) would NOT be allowed in his presence. She would have to go somewhere else when he sees his children.

Unless she is 18.

The judge literally said: "Your own children, your sibling's children, your minor siblings or others that would come to the property are all a part of the society the court must consider protecting from you, if you are granted this release.”

it’s possible that the girl is not around when JD is there. And when JD is not there, then the girl is there to help Anna with the children.

I would think there is some arrangement. That may or may not be observed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get