Josh Powell Burial

It's another twisted outcome of his "surprise" that he had for his kids, I suppose. JMO

This is just disgusting. If the plans go through at least The Cox's will be within spitting distance. I'm just sickened.

I'm having really ugly thoughts ..... *smirk*

SOMEBODY.STOP.ME.....

I can't help but think Josh put this in his instructions to his sister, first I think he planned on being buried with the boys, but when that didn't happen,his sister thought the next best thing was for Josh to be buried near the boys. I think the reason the Powell's didn't cause a fuss at the funeral was because they had this already in mind. One last dig to the Cox's. :maddening: I pray they are stopped by a judge, or someone comes in and buys that plot before they do !

If I had the money, I would go in and buy up every single available plot in that cemetery immediately.

What a disgusting move on the part of the Powells.

Why can't they just cremate his body since he obviously wanted that anyway! He burned down the house didn't he?!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Cremate his body and throw the ashes in the desolate desert!

The Powell family is so disgusting to me!

Those beautiful boys should not have to lie eternally next to the monster who killed them! Does that family have no shame? Seriously, I know that they are in heaven with their mom, but the Cox family shouldn't have to walk past him everytime they want to visit those lil boys.

I LOVE that quote from Kirk Graves at the bottom of your posts!!! It IS so true. :) JP is probably kicking himself and wandering around the lower realms looking for his boys who he thought were "his" while they are now way above him with their mother who now has full custody. LOVE THE THOUGHT!

ITA -- does that family have no shame?! Have they learned no lessons from all this?

IMO he lost his "right" to be buried wherever he pleased when he murdered his children. (and Susan)
The state should be the ones to make that decision. Not Alina.

His family will need to place guard at his grave if the Powell's are dumb enough to bury him there. Did they buy a plot for SP as well?

I too love Kirk Graves statement that BTW the custody battle is over and Susan has been granted custody of the boys.. I have had many thoughts of this from the moment JP killed them.. I can't help but gloat and feel a satisfaction that for all of his hard evil work and conniving that he did with the final eff you to the Cox family being his taking the boys in death with him for eternity.. You see this soulless *advertiser censored* thought those boys would be with him somehow.. He believed everything against God, and heaven, and anything good..

But just as gwenabob said I too bet that Satan said to JP "I've got a surprise for you! "... That surprise was Josh firmly secured in one of the hottest pits of hell was given a crystal clear glimpse into heaven to see the final eff you was after all on JP, himself.. I haven't a doubt he was able to see that beautiful image of "his" boys in heaven with Susan holding them.. That may sound crazy to some but I believe it with all my heart as do I believe the Cox family does as well.. For me it does indeed give me a satisfaction in knowing this monster in the end was the one that got effed!!!!

Didn't really know where to post this. I don't think I was the only one wondering if LE positively identified JP's body, and it looks like they did. Thank God.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53520152-78/powell-josh-steve-county.html.csp?page=2

A portion of the $6,500 Josh Powell withdrew from his bank account the day prior to the murder when to his Jeffrey Bassett via an electronic payment, Wood said. He transferred the rest to a bank account belonging to his sister, Alina Powell, and instructed her to pay bills with it.

Wood said dental records have positively identified Josh and Charlie Powell’s remains. There are no dental records for Braden, Wood said, but detectives were able to recognize his remains at the scene.

I know that we are not supposed to be angry at anybody...

But it sure would be nice if there was a law that stated...
"If you murder someone, you don't get to be buried next to them."
The end.

There would be times when nobody would object and that would be fine, whatever if nobody has an issue with it.
But situations like this, where almost everybody objects?? It's absurd.

I can only imagine if Duncan wanted to be buried next to Dylan, or Couey next to Jessica, or whatshisname next to Jorelys.

Just because this guy happened to be their father before he killed them... doesn't mean he gets to be buried next to them.
Brutally killing them kind of erases anything you did before that to deserve it.

I also cannot believe that the cemetery doesn't have the right to say "absolutely not, we do not want to deal with the negativity, vandalism and likely grave robbers that will come with his burial here."

Those who have to deal with the grave itself, should have a choice in the matter as well.

Well... maybe they don't care...

"We don't have any rules or procedures regarding refusing plots to anyone," Dannenberg said.
"We're going to wait to see what the outcome is in court."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/family-wants-josh-powell-buried-near-sons-he-kille/nHdQ2/

Alright then, put him on the opposite side of the cemetery if you don't mind him being there.
Certainly sounds to me like something needs to be changed here... but, that's just my opinion.

What a mess. I agree that any place Josh is buried will have to consider vandalism and plan accordingly. I think that a restraining order to prevent Josh from being buried near his sons is a waste of energy, although I completely get the principal behind it.

They are dead. They are not going to care. War is being waged on dead bodies here.

The Grandparents and family aren't dead. They shouldn't have to be reminded of him everytime they want to visit thier precious boys. Just sayin...

What a mess. I agree that any place Josh is buried will have to consider vandalism and plan accordingly. I think that a restraining order to prevent Josh from being buried near his sons is a waste of energy, although I completely get the principal behind it.

They are dead. They are not going to care. War is being waged on dead bodies here.
Yes, there are dead bodies here, but there are also the family members who are still here and are mourning the loss of those little boys. Can you picture them visiting the boy's grave and looking 25 feet away at the grave of the man who took the boys out of this life? Picture the sister, Alina standing there by Josh's grave glaring at the Cox family the way I've seen her in a few photos.. What a lovely reminder of the way those children were murdered.

Put Josh on the furthest corner of that cemetery if Alina and the rest of the Powells insist on his being there... Or, put him in another cemetery clear across town.. Or in another county... Geezzzz... They need to put him where his grave is NOT visible from where the boys are.

Trying to remain decent and not say (blank that blank and his blank relatives)
So I will say this, let the evil one be buried where he wants and then let's help the Cox Family by donating to a fund to move the boys to a beautiful and private resting place. That is one cause I would have no problem giving my hard earned money to...

I know that we are not supposed to be angry at anybody...

But it sure would be nice if there was a law that stated...
"If you murder someone, you don't get to be buried next to them."
The end.

I also cannot believe that the cemetery doesn't have the right to say "absolutely not, we do not want to deal with the negativity, vandalism and likely grave robbers that will come with his burial here."

Those who have to deal with the grave itself, should have a choice in the matter as well.

Well... maybe they don't care...

"We don't have any rules or procedures regarding refusing plots to anyone," Dannenberg said.
"We're going to wait to see what the outcome is in court."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/family-wants-josh-powell-buried-near-sons-he-kille/nHdQ2/

Alright then, put him on the opposite side of the cemetery if you don't mind him being there.
Certainly sounds to me like something needs to be changed here... but, that's just my opinion.

That's a good point about the cemetary. I think most all businesses have the right to refuse service to someone for whatever reason. If only other patrons of that cemetary all appeal to that cemetary that they do not want the drama and horridness of JP buried so close to the children he killed, it might make a difference. Also, I like to think that some remains from Susan will eventually be found and they will be buried right next to her children's remains. Her grave should also not be next to the one who killed her. The cemetary just might not want to deal with all this and tell the Powells NO. Let's hope so. But I'm glad there is a restraining order against it for now. I think this whole country is on the Cox side in this issue.

The point is..the Powells are doing this ON PURPOSE. They are looking at a plot 25 ft from the boys. Josh's grave could be vandalized and desecrated. The boys need a peaceful place to rest where people can (and I'm sure will) visit them. I remember a cemetary in Williamsburg that had the graves of two unmarried lovers. They were not allowed to be buried near each other by that century's mores. Well, this centuries mores should be that murderers do not get to be buried near the people they murder. Do I smell the necessity of another law that should not have to be a law a la Caylee's Law?

The more people who know where that SSOS is buried, the more people will go there to do all types of fowl things. I would think that group of Powell's would want to quietly and secretly bury their family monster.

If your thoughts are going something like stealing body, quietly having him cremated then dumping the remains in the local dump........DO NOT GO THERE!!!

He was already cremated in that house..just throw him in a swamp.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back