Josh Powell's Sister and Mother in fight with Coxes for the Insurance Money

Discussion in 'Susan Cox Powell' started by gwenabob, Apr 11, 2014.

1. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

MollyWhitebear likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Stephen Powell has minions. I can see them sitting in a circle rubbing their greedy hands together; I am speaking of the minions here. They may sink themselves yet.

It is now apparent that Josh Powell committed a murder for profit. I truly hope that SP can be connected to this and never see the light of day again.

IMHO

4. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Crown Winner by Default ~ Don't Judge :D

omg just when you think this heartbreaking, gut-wrenching horror story couldn't get any more disgusting and sad.........along comes this:banghead:

bless the cox family at the tragedy they have had to endure and CONTINUE to endure.....

unbelievable :(

CarolinaMoon and MollyWhitebear like this.
  5. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Active Member

I am speechless. Thank you gwenabob for posting this & starting the thread.

I am not sure how the proper authorities will get to the bottom of all this. Susan's family has already lost so much at the hands of JP.

I am sick at the thought of the Powell's profiting a penny.

Beyond sinister.

:stormingmad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinaMoon and MollyWhitebear like this.
  6. Jacie Estes

Just when you think there could not possibly be a lower point to sink to, they astound us even further. Will Steven Powell implicate himself, take the hit on some jail time and help the rest of the family Powell to cash in on this money? Disgusting, IMHO

Court filing accuses Susan Powell’s family of ‘gamesmanship’

A new filing by attorneys for Josh Powell’s family accuses his in-laws of "gamesmanship," pointing to contradictory statements about whether Susan Powell is alive.

Her father, Chuck Cox, has publicly stated he believes Susan Powell is dead, but his attorneys have taken the position in court that, at least legally, she is still alive, according to a brief filed last week in Utah.

The brief was filed in response to criticisms lawyers for the Coxes leveled at the Powell family. Lawyers for the Coxes criticized the Powells, in a court filing and to reporters, for leaving open the possibility they will prove Susan Powell, 28, died on or near the date she disappeared, Dec. 6, 2009, and that Josh Powell had something to do with it.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57850000-78/powell-susan-cox-josh.html.csp

tezi and CarolinaMoon like this.
  7. TallCoolOne

TallCoolOne Registered Lurker

I hope the Powell's Karma train is heading down the tracks. I feel so much empathy for Susan's loved ones, I can't imagine how all of this affects them.

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I don't understand this family at all. The dynamic is something I can't even comprehend.

tezi likes this.
  9. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

10. Jacie Estes

"These proceeds are generated by the deaths, according to Teri, of her son, her daughter-in-law that she loved very much and her two grandchildren. To say that she somehow is not worthy is a bit of a stretch and we think it's just greed on the part of the Coxes. It's not that they didn't lose someone they loved. Clearly they did. But they weren't the only ones."
    –Tom West, attorney of Alina and John Powell

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=29955712#doUVEElRAWobJVDB.99

'A' did not act so loving during the trials. STRANGE family dynamics.

11. princesspjs

princesspjs .

12. Frigga

Frigga New Member

WTF? Our justice system makes me sick. HE MURDERED THOSE CHILDREN- his twisted family, who contributed to his sick mind- deserves no such thing.

I am speechless. Sort-of. I am pizzed.

13. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

I think the Coxes will do good things with the money.
    The Powell's? Don't think so.

QUOTE=princesspjs;10559591]Judge: Josh, Susan Powell families to split insurance money

Josh Powell's family can share in the life insurance proceeds from the two young sons he killed in 2012, a federal judge has ruled.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2023652356_apxmissingmomutah.html
    :stormingmad:[/QUOTE]

14. Jacie Estes

The Powells are eager to get money that has blood on it, blood from Josh's hands. :banghead:

15. gwenabob

gwenabob A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

Not so sure. The bulk of the money headed the Powells' way is in Michael Powell's estate. Unless Michael had a will that specifically laid out how he wanted his estate divided, I believe Steven would be the next of kin and would inherit Michael's estate. He may end up with a lot of money. Enough to buy a new house and some really nice telephoto camera equipment.

CarolinaMoon likes this.
  16. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

Attorneys fight another round over Susan Powell trust money

By Pat Reavy, Deseret News

Published: Wednesday, May 28 2014 4:35 p.m. MDT

Updated: 2 hours ago

Currently, Cox is the sole benefactor of the trust and would receive 100 percent of the money, or about $2.3 million. Terrica Powell, Josh Powell's mother, would still receive more than $756,000 from the other policies.

But Terrica Powell and Alina Powell, Josh Powell's sister, contend they were illegally removed from the trust and are challenging the issue in court.

more at link

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tezi likes this.
  17. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

I don't know how they can even sleep at night. It is blood money.

They really should be ashamed of themselves.

CarolinaMoon likes this.
  18. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

If you look at the recent pictures of Chuck, I feel so bad and sad for him. He's lost a lot of weight since the boys died, he keeps on going and has not given me or anyone else, I believe, the idea he was in it for the money. The Cox's just want to find their daughter. The Cox's will do good with any money they receive from the insurance policies and trust funds. The Powell's are trying to get as much as possible so they can have new homes & never work again. jmo

From across the ocean...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gn=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

19. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

When I read this stuff, I am constantly amazed that Jennifer Graves has been a beacon of light in this family. I continue to pray that she has strength in standing up for what is right!

20. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

21. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Cox family lawyer arguing Susan's presumed to be alive and her estate should be maintained.

Powell family lawyer says her will made her parents the last choice for her kids.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenWinslow/tweets